Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour complaining about noisy pump

Options
2»

Comments

I live in an apartment and all day and night I can hear pumps turning on and off - they are noisy bastard things. There's not a whole lot can be done to make them quitter. Vibration is likely your biggest culprit - make sure all the pipes are tightly secured to the wall and not vibrating, make sure the pump itself is fixed down and on anti vibration feet of some sort, after that it's just try put something between it and your neighbour to absorb the sound - I have my hot press lined with acoustic insulation and it's still noisy as hell!
    I think a lot of them were installed without a thought for minimizing vibration noise.

A few things that could be tried:

Braided pipes.
    Thicker anti vibration pad.
    A (vented) box with noise deadening foam over the pump.
    A better pump..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Wurley

ronoc wrote: »
    I think a lot of them were installed without a thought for minimizing vibration noise.

A few things that could be tried:

Braided pipes.
    Thicker anti vibration pad.
    A (vented) box with noise deadening foam over the pump.
    A better pump..

See the people that were their previously I never heard the pump in the years they were there. Now since these new people are their and the landlord did refurbishments I can hear it every time it’s activated. It’s so frustrating.

Advertisement