Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored of Vaping......

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's shinyitis :D The must have brigade. But that's not restricted to vaping, in fact it's a lot lesser in the vaping world than many other areas of interest. Not just men either!

My missus has a shed tonne of make up pallets and expensive creams for morning, noon and night, with 50 different types of shampoo to boot! It' a nightmare when I hit the shower, I get overwhelmed as to which I should use! :D "Dang! my hair isn't red!! oh, wait that was last week ... it's not blonde either!!! where's me lynx Africa??" :D

You have petrol heads and photographers and bikers and various collectors who buy because they want, not because they will ever need. It's a weird habit us humans have, the need to collect and own. You see these documentaries about people who drive a heap of crap, 20yr old station wagon, but have a stash of highly polished, gleaming, luxury muscle cars in a warehouse.

I don't see the point personally in owning more than a couple of mods and tanks that just work well. But I get it. I get the 'GAS' for camera gear and gadgets that I don't need. I just don't feel that way about vape mods. I see them as a tool, to help me stay off the smokes, but yeah, I like to have a nice one. Having shelves full of them is never going to happen.

Aside from the devices though, the whole snap back wearing, dub-step booming, circle [jerk] blowing 'trickster' side of vaping can F off to hell.

Oh man I got to about 5 or 6 trade shows a year and its ****ing horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't envy you that side of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

rob316 wrote:
    All the different wires, coils etc, the principal of the product is still the same. I think people are obsessed with finding the perfect vape and are just never satisfied with what they have, thinking there is something better out there all the time.

^^This^^ It's wire, cotton and liquid that gets heated by the wire and is transferred by the cotton.. that's it.. nothing more.. After that it's just correct wicking and preferred airflow..

bd2012 wrote:
    At the risk of ridicule, this arrived today. Looks legit, certainly smells legit. Going to wait until I've rebuilt one of the kayfuns to test it out but a happy vaper for now

Excellent.. Tasty juice at a good price (comparing to shelf price and not what's it's actually worth).. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Gave up vaping in Nov after 18 months.
    Haven't looked back.
    Was born a cigg smoker and I'll die one

• Advertisement

Wha???? You don't like snap backs??? Come on man get with it!! don't ya know you need to have at least 4 different variations of snapbacks in every colour to be anywhere in the vaping world and to stay.. I myself must have at least.. oh let's see.. ah.. None.. I hate that **** too, It's just a cheesy marketing strategy that's been attached to vaping to create a culture for something that should be... well not connected with snapbacks..

but.. If that's what floats the boats of the people who do like all that so be it.. more power to them.. Nuff said about it.. 

I had the shinyitis.. It's a grave addiction indeed and one that's hard to break.. but it's all down social media.. and lack of willpower.. and... adult peer pressure maybe? strange.. don't see it, don't need it.. simple.. Not now though.. done done and done with unessesary purchases just cause it's "new" this week or it got octuple coils, or it goes to 1 million watts..

I rarely go over 25watts ffs..

Content now to wake up and check, have a enough nicotine for today.. yes.. am I smoking?.. no.. that's good enough, carry on....

Gave up vaping in Nov after 18 months. Haven't looked back. Was born a cigg smoker and I'll die one

Very sorry to hear that.. and not because you ditched vaping..there's other methods, I've tried them all as far as I know.. if it's not for you then it's not for you.. but what was it that sent you away from it? Not getting the satisfaction from it? Paranoia from carrying/using the device around other smokers? Just love the smokes? That first drag? The smell?

I still don't get and never did get that "aaaaaahh jaysus that's lovely" satisfaction from vaping that you get from the first drag of a fag after not having a smoke for a while.. it's different...probably the lack of all the other chemicals that's in fags.. I dunno..

18 months is a nice period of time so I'll assume you tried a range of different devices, nic strengths etc till you just decided it wasn't for you?

I dunno will I ever be able to trust myself to completely give up Vaping.. I have slipped up a few times and tapped a smoke off one of my mates while on the beer or whatever.. Never manage over half the fag before firing it away spitting blue air though...but the want is always there.. You know that craving when someone walks by smoking a fag.. and the smell.. the lovely waft of a burning cigarette.. If I didn't have something to vape I think just that alone would be enough temptation for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

247music wrote: »
    Wha???? You don't like snap backs??? Come on man get with it!!

I actually think it should be legal to slap snap back wearer's in the face randomly :D

But ... I'd rather wear a snap-back then go back smoking!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Just missed having a CIG in my hand,
    Also stomach was in a heap,but would recommend vaping for anyone trying to give up as alternative to the dreaded cold Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Exact same here, all i have is a Cleito .4 coil, RX200 and bottle after bottle of Loaded's Glazed Donut. Any time i try to move from that and try a different tank or juice i just shrug my shoulders and go back to the norm. Been like this since this time last year. The American vape scene that i used to be subscribed to on Facebook would put anyone off shinyitis, full of absolute twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 July_happygirl

My husband got tired of changing cottons and choosing flavors in two months, so he sold the whole package with details and even flavors. Stayed a cigarette smoker, though(((

Advertisement