Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored of Vaping......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

I like those ego one battery's.. Tidy, Simple.. Can wattage be adjusted anyway on those?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

247music wrote: »
    I like those ego one battery's.. Tidy, Simple.. Can wattage be adjusted anyway on those?

Here's 2 different types that I have been using for about 4 years & still working,I use T3s clearo's on them....

http://e-shop.ie/e-cigarette-ego-twist-with-ce4-single-pack-/p461111c6438

this one has the bigger battery 1600mah,I have been using the version 1...

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/vision-spinner-2-1600mah-black/

Difficult to get these nowadays,if you need beauty rings for these,I have plenty,they are used for bigger diameter tanks like the iclear 30 range,they just make the tanks sort of flush with the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Here's 2 different types that I have been using for about 4 years & still working,I use T3s clearo's on them....

They're talking about these yokes:
    IMG_2986__03345.1429154143.1280.1280.png

grindle wrote:

Just the battery in my case.. The tank is a pig..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

grindle wrote: »

I had one of these from etopfun and it lasted only a couple of days so buyer beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I'm just so glad I'm no longer smoking. It's changed my life.

So, who has mods to sell, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

grindle wrote: »

Yes but only the batteries. They're 19mm so pair perfectly with my two kayfun mini v3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Reindeer wrote: »
    I'm just so glad I'm no longer smoking. It's changed my life.

So, who has mods to sell, then?

Same here, I'm not bored of vaping, I'm bored of the vape 'scene' really. I'm vaping as I type right now! :D

I got bored of people upping 'clouds brah' pics of themselves, and vendors trying to make vaping cool by using tattooed chicks and bikers and trying to make out like only the toughest vape or some crap.

It's a smoking sub ... you're sucking on a coil attached to a battery to satisfy your nicotine addiction. It stops you killing yourself smoking. It's enjoyable because we can have what flavors we like, but beyond that, for me at least, it's all faff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've recently removed myself from a whole load of email subs from the various vaping websites so my inbox is no longer inundated with pictures of unnecessary mods and juices that I don't need. That in itself has helped a lot. It really is getting crazy the amount of stuff that's out there and, at the end of the day, as cagey pointed out, all you're doing is heating a coil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

It stops you killing yourself smoking. It's enjoyable because we can have what flavors we like, but beyond that, for me at least, it's all faff.

Nearly as importantly, it's stopped me killing others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Ripes vapes vct is one my favourites also.. hard to get these days tho..

Just stumbled upon this on gear best of all places if you're interested!
    14 euro a pop

http://www.gearbest.com/e-liquid/pp_360289.html?wid=21

bd2012 wrote:
    Just stumbled upon this on gear best of all places if you're interested! 14 euro a pop

Jaysus thats gas... clone? :)

Jaysus thats gas... clone? :)

Not sure, looks very similar to the original, they were asked was it original in the questions and they replied that it was. Don't know what the chinese sticker is about, a work around for the grey market perhaps? ordered one anyway, will let you know!

3 weeks to a month wait on a mediocre juice!? :D That's the price it should be over here.

3 weeks to a month wait on a mediocre juice!? :D That's the price it should be over here.

Mediocre? I'm glad taste is subjective. It's actually the only juice I buy and even at that it's kept for special occasions. Yup there's a long wait time but I'm not in any hurry, have a litre of DIY in the steeping press. Worth a go anyway, in short supply with irish vendors. Jees you try and help a fella out...

Have to agree Im afraid.. this would be one of the better juices out there amongst some of the toilet water..

Like grants Vc.. just dont get the big deal with that one.. rotten...

bd2012 wrote: »
    Mediocre? I'm glad taste is subjective. It's actually the only juice I buy and even at that it's kept for special occasions. Yup there's a long wait time but I'm not in any hurry, have a litre of DIY in the steeping press. Worth a go anyway, in short supply with irish vendors. Jees you try and help a fella out...

I've had it, to me it was mediocre. Of course taste is subjective, but I don't think any juice is worth buying from that far off tbh. It's just a juice, I'm hardly offending anyone :D
    Like grants Vc.. just dont get the big deal with that one.. rotten...

Same thing as I said really. I don't get Grant's either, it was bland. Can make much better myself without even thinking.

Pay no heed to me though, I hate most 'premium' juices if I'm honest, all way over sweetened and some of them more 'greasey' than silky smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Lately I've been tiring of the hassle that is vaping... What was once an enjoyable method to stay away from the smokes has recently become a chore and what feels like a continuous frustrating obsession to obtain this weeks shiny new mod or tank..Stuff like "Damn i need more cotton" or "crap i dont have this concentrate to make this mix that ill probably end up hating anyway".. The amount of time invested(wasted) in twisting bits of wire, rolling bits of cotton, dribbling smelly flavours and gooey bases all over the place... flicking through pages upon pages of random vape related topics and Chinese websites has just become exhaustive.. Im thinking it may be time to box up my Vape gear and stick it in the attic with my xbox... cue rant end..

Anyone else get to this stage yet?

Couldn't agree more, I quit this week albeit after the battery on my iStick failed. Battery made it a year and half but promised myself that once is died I would be done.

I've had it, to me it was mediocre. Of course taste is subjective, but I don't think any juice is worth buying from that far off tbh. It's just a juice, I'm hardly offending anyone

Well now! Im very offended!! Ill have you know Mr Ripe Vapes is a very good friend of a friend of friends uncles dog groomer of mine.. Other than that.. nah, no harm done :)

• Advertisement

MayoSalmon wrote:
    Couldn't agree more, I quit this week albeit after the battery on my iStick failed. Battery made it a year and half but promised myself that once is died I would be done.

Well done.. I wish you the best of luck with it from now on.. I have overcome the boredom and frustration for the moment.. Distanced myself from the scene, decision made to buy no more new gear unless completely essential.. Just a few tanks i have that i want to trade off and then its only liquid diy supplies from now on..

Well now! Im very offended!! Ill have you know Mr Ripe Vapes is a very good friend of a friend of friends uncles dog groomer of mine.. Other than that.. nah, no harm done :)

Tell him to make his key lime less greasey slop then :D That stuff tastes good but y God, it's the slimiest juice I ever had! Whatever they put in there. The VCT is at least not like that from what I remember

Tell him to make his key lime less greasey slop then That stuff tastes good but y God, it's the slimiest juice I ever had! Whatever they put in there. The VCT is at least not like that from what I remember

God damn your right you know! Id forgotten about a coconut type flavour i had from them and it was like something straight out of ghost busters! Nightmare to get it to wick.. great for paper mache though :)

I've had it, to me it was mediocre. Of course taste is subjective, but I don't think any juice is worth buying from that far off tbh. It's just a juice, I'm hardly offending anyone :D

Well actually...

Nah feck it, its only the internet, as you were...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Pay no heed to me though, I hate most 'premium' juices if I'm honest, all way over sweetened and some of them more 'greasey' than silky smooth.

I'd say I'm a nightmare in the B&M vape shops . "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it "
    "here try this" - me "hmmmm thats not bad ........actually nah , don't like it .

etc etc etc .

I've no idea why Viktors even lets me into the shop anymore .

jonski wrote:

me neither..

jonski wrote: »
    I'd say I'm a nightmare in the B&M vape shops . "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it " "here try this" - me "nah , don't like it "
    "here try this" - me "hmmmm thats not bad ........actually nah , don't like it .

etc etc etc .

I was like that too, it's what led me to DIY, well, that and because most shop juices are horribly over priced. It used to take me ages to narrow down to a juice I'd be happy with, and then I'd spend a small fortune on it weekly. I would say there was 4 juices I ever truly enjoyed or would repeat buy.

The last time I sampled juices in a shop, it was after I started DIYing, and was shocked. Every one of the 5 or so I tried just tasted like neutra sweet syrup! There was pancake man, some new muffin man, one called 'crack pie' [I remember this at least being the best of a bad bunch, it had a pleasant enough taste] and some other forgettable ones in OTT packaging.

bd2012 wrote: »
    Not sure, looks very similar to the original, they were asked was it original in the questions and they replied that it was. Don't know what the chinese sticker is about, a work around for the grey market perhaps? ordered one anyway, will let you know!

At the risk of ridicule, this arrived today. Looks legit, certainly smells legit. Going to wait until I've rebuilt one of the kayfuns to test it out but a happy vaper for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a great scene but to be honest I get the point, even as a vape shop owner.

150w mod one week, 200w mod the next week, 300w the next week. No one vapes at these wattages atleast consistently anyway. I have a customer who spends at least €100 a week without fail every payday, he will buy anything new I've got liquid or hardware.
    He probably spent that and more on cigarettes before but it still seems a lot.

All the different wires, coils etc, the principal of the product is still the same. I think people are obsessed with finding the perfect vape and are just never satisfied with what they have, thinking there is something better out there all the time.

I myself have had an iPower and a Cleito for the last few months and it does me fine. A good quality, consistent vape.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Its a great scene but to be honest I get the point, even as a vape shop owner.

150w mod one week, 200w mod the next week, 300w the next week. No one vapes at these wattages atleast consistently anyway. I have a customer who spends at least €100 a week without fail every payday, he will buy anything new I've got liquid or hardware.
    He probably spent that and more on cigarettes before but it still seems a lot.

All the different wires, coils etc, the principal of the product is still the same. I think people are obsessed with finding the perfect vape and are just never satisfied with what they have, thinking there is something better out there all the time.

I myself have had an iPower and a Cleito for the last few months and it does me fine. A good quality, consistent vape.

It's shinyitis :D The must have brigade. But that's not restricted to vaping, in fact it's a lot lesser in the vaping world than many other areas of interest. Not just men either!

My missus has a shed tonne of make up pallets and expensive creams for morning, noon and night, with 50 different types of shampoo to boot! It' a nightmare when I hit the shower, I get overwhelmed as to which I should use! :D "Dang! my hair isn't red!! oh, wait that was last week ... it's not blonde either!!! where's me lynx Africa??" :D

You have petrol heads and photographers and bikers and various collectors who buy because they want, not because they will ever need. It's a weird habit us humans have, the need to collect and own. You see these documentaries about people who drive a heap of crap, 20yr old station wagon, but have a stash of highly polished, gleaming, luxury muscle cars in a warehouse.

I don't see the point personally in owning more than a couple of mods and tanks that just work well. But I get it. I get the 'GAS' for camera gear and gadgets that I don't need. I just don't feel that way about vape mods. I see them as a tool, to help me stay off the smokes, but yeah, I like to have a nice one. Having shelves full of them is never going to happen.

Aside from the devices though, the whole snap back wearing, dub-step booming, circle [jerk] blowing 'trickster' side of vaping can F off to hell.

Advertisement