Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food fads

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

As a non-believer I don't think anyone should be forced to eat meat just because Jesus was mad about turkey dinners.

I thought he was mad about bread, fish and wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

There are no decent meat pies in Ireland.. All muck.

I know, and that's the problem! :(

I remember Harry's Cafe de Wheels when I was in Australia a few years back. Got home, went looking for anywhere in Ireland doing them, was delighted to find a spot in Henry Street... It was stone cold in the middle.

Rarely ever in the but marks and Spencer's do very good steak pies; been meaning to try the ones from aldi too. S, no good take away ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Portuguese custard tarts - seeing them everywhere. Had one today - far too sweet! Texture was nice though. Though I got it in Centra so if it has already hit the mainstream, not sure if it was or ever will be a hipster fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I thought he was mad about bread, fish and wine.

and prostitutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Really funny thread! Such a chuckle!

I just checked out the wewantplates site. Where do the restaurant chefs/managers get their ideas from? Cream ON SLATE!! REALLY? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    Portuguese custard tarts - seeing them everywhere. Had one today - far too sweet! Texture was nice though. Though I got it in Centra so if it has already hit the mainstream, not sure if it was or ever will be a hipster fad.

God I love those. I haven't seen them in a Centra yet though! Actually I've never had one outside of Portugal.

God I love those. I haven't seen them in a Centra yet though! Actually I've never had one outside of Portugal.

I found the Centra ones unpleasantly sweet and I love my sugary things. I am very willing to give them a go elsewhere though, because I love custard AND pastry and the texture was lovely. That texture and less sweetness would be very nice indeed.

I also saw, I think, Costa Coffee selling them once. Keep your eyes peeled! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    I found the Centra ones unpleasantly sweet and I love my sugary things. I am very willing to give them a go elsewhere though, because I love custard AND pastry and the texture was lovely. That texture and less sweetness would be very nice indeed.

I also saw, I think, Costa Coffee selling them once. Keep your eyes peeled! :)

I've also seen them in Butler's. But respect to them, they're just unhealthy cakes not trying to be anything special. Those fads are fine :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Butler's in Heuston do them, lovely!

Didn't know they were a hipster fad tho!!

Butler's in Heuston do them, lovely!

Didn't know they were a hipster fad tho!!

Oh, I'm not sure if they are, I'm just surmising that they might be as I'm seeing them in more and more places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Made in West Cork.

Also, ''Fresh orange juice'', 'Fresh bread'', ''Fresh cream''
    Great! I was worried they might only serve rancid orange juice, stale bread and sour cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Made in West Cork.

Also, ''Fresh orange juice'', 'Fresh bread'', ''Fresh cream''
    Great! I was worried they might only serve rancid orange juice, stale bread and sour cream.

Was having a look in Fallon and Byrne earlier, it's mad the number of artisan products made there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Was having a look in Fallon and Byrne earlier, it's mad the number of artisan products made there.

I was just about to say ''Artisanal bread'' !

You can get custard tarts in Tesco. English ones. Not that different to the Portugese ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It is a serious hotbed of pretentious walkers, to be honest. Did some work in car insurance back in the recession years, more than once got complaints about their insurance docs saying "Co. Cork" (the designation for those outside Cork City) and not "West Cork"! :pac:

Advertisement