Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

faigs wrote: »
    Was in HN Carrickmines tonight and picked up a black pair for €300, seemed to have a half cabinet full of them, only saw black ones. Funny that only the silver are discounted on the website.

Great purchase :)

Any chance you could post the receipt for that here? Remove any personally identifiable info of course. It would be useful to have a receipt showing a black pair sold for 299 in HN.

I'll be going up to Carrickmines tomorrow to try and buy a black pair and I bet I will run into a sales guy that won't want to sell the black pair at that price so being able to show them a pic of a receipt would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

Any chance you could post the receipt for that here? Remove any personally identifiable info of course. It would be useful to have a receipt showing a black pair sold for 299 in HN.

I'll be going up to Carrickmines tomorrow to try and buy a black pair and I bet I will run into a sales guy that won't want to sell the black pair at that price so being able to show them a pic of a receipt would be great.

That's actually great idea bcs they saying as they never sold them for 300e so if we would have a recipts scans then they have nothing to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Had anyone spotted these in any HN in Cork? Either colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Had anyone spotted these in any HN in Cork? Either colour.

they were at Kinsale road store,had to resist the temptation.didn't see them advertised at the lower price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 4oyo

I have my receipt here after buying the black ones last week, unfortunatley colour is not mentioned anywhere so not sure it proves a whole lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone seen what they cost in Dixons Dublin Airport after Christmas?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

4oyo wrote: »
    I have my receipt here after buying the black ones last week, unfortunatley colour is not mentioned anywhere so not sure it proves a whole lot.

The product number should be there, both black and silver ones have different product number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

You can call them for prices I've done that several times

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

€309 silver only in Terminal 2

Ftw €370 equivalent in Dubai duty free

Give them a good testing on the trip over. The Emirates supplied noise cancelling headphones sounded like cats screeching compared to the 35's

They not going to save the known universe but I will never travel without them again, slept like a baby on a flight, never happened before.

A bargain at €300 and colour won't really matter

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tried the black ones on in HN (€299)

The active noise cancelling was very impressive (nearly muted the loud music they played in the shop)

Quality of the music playback was good, but nothing special. I guess you'd need €1000 headphones to get to near audiophile quality...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Picked up a silver pair in HN in Naas. They didn't seem to have them advertised anywhere but when I asked they got a pair from stock.

Only gave them a quick try and seem impressive.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

unkel wrote: »
    Quality of the music playback was good, but nothing special. I guess you'd need €1000 headphones to get to near audiophile quality...

You'll never get audiophile level quality from any headphone with Active Noise Cancellation, no matter how much you pay, due to the nature of the technology.

It is a trade off. However on an airplane, these will give you the best sound quality of any headset. Even €1000 audiophile headphones would sound terrible on a plane due to their open back nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is it just me who hates the word audiophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Carrickmines today didn't have any showing at discounted prices. Signage showed 379 for both black and silver versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Tazium wrote: »
    Carrickmines today didn't have any showing at discounted prices. Signage showed 379 for both black and silver versions.

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

bk wrote: »
    You'll never get audiophile level quality from any headphone with Active Noise Cancellation, no matter how much you pay, due to the nature of the technology.

It is a trade off. However on an airplane, these will give you the best sound quality of any headset. Even €1000 audiophile headphones would sound terrible on a plane due to their open back nature.

Bose are fairly okay in sound quality anyways, it's the noise cancelling that always sets them apart. It seems they're beginning to be challenged there finally. Sony MDR 1000x seem to be getting excellent reviews, i love the pass through feature on it (you tap the right cup and it opens the mics, so you don't have to take them off to hear any information). I'm waiting on the new B&O h9 (and a sale)which should destroy the bose in SQ, just need to see if they've got on top of the ANC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Damn. Down in carrick mines and the deal is not on any longer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Gentleman gave me the black ones for 340 down in carrick

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You can still purchase the silver ones for €299 on the HN website.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Sis picked up the NC25 at the Loop Heathrow before Xmas £219. I haven't opened the package, this thread is making think about swapping for NC35 & paying difference.

Should I or be happy with NC25. Are the 35s that much better.

Popped into Bose in Dundrum and they are sold out of NC35, they retail for €350. Very popular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Giggernaut wrote: »
    Sis picked up the NC25 at the Loop Heathrow before Xmas £219. I haven't opened the package, this thread is making think about swapping for NC35 & paying difference.

Should I or be happy with NC25. Are the 35s that much better.

Popped into Bose in Dundrum and they are sold out of NC35, they retail for €350. Very popular

I think one of the biggest pros of the 35s vs 25s is the wireless capability of the 35s. Other than that, I can't imagine them being night and day different in terms of NC and quality

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marklark

Just in Bose in London - they have open box (returned) QC35 for £232 or boxed at the normal RRP of £290. QC25 are £200

Is it just me who hates the word audiophile?

It is a crap word in fairness :p

I didn't know how else to describe it. I have Sennheiser HD580s which are pretty good, probably a little bit better than the Bose QC35

I'd be interested to get headphones for at home (no need to be wireless / no need for noise cancellation) that are a significant step up from what I have (but not at crazy money). Hence my questions. Sorry if they are a bit ignorant. I'm no expert in this area. And I'm certainly not an audiophile. Well I would be if I could afford to be one :o:p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

$349.99 in Bose and Best Buy 5th Ave, NY.

sweetie wrote: »
    $349.99 in Bose and Best Buy 5th Ave, NY.

$350 is about $334 so that's a lot more expensive than here, which is pretty shocking as the sales tax (VAT) over there is a lot lower than here. You came to post this here just because you wanted us all to know you're in NYC? What do they call this in AH, something to do with "thinly veiled"? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

unkel wrote:
    $350 is about $334 so that's a lot more expensive than here, which is pretty shocking as the sales tax (VAT) over there is a lot lower than here. You came to post this here just because you wanted us all to know you're in NYC? What do they call this in AH, something to do with "thinly veiled"?

Plus tax! I'm keeping an eye out for you guys!!

Enjoy your holiday in the Big Apple :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

unkel wrote: »
    I didn't know how else to describe it. I have Sennheiser HD580s which are pretty good, probably a little bit better than the Bose QC35

I'd be interested to get headphones for at home (no need to be wireless / no need for noise cancellation) that are a significant step up from what I have (but not at crazy money). Hence my questions. Sorry if they are a bit ignorant. I'm no expert in this area. And I'm certainly not an audiophile. Well I would be if I could afford to be one :o:p :pac:

Your HD580's are a high quality open back headphone. The QC35's are a closed back headphone. A closed back headphone will never sound as good as on open back headphone in a quiet environment. An open back headphone will give you a big open sound stage, while closed back will sound more closed in, more like the music is right inside your head.

The problem with open back though is that they leave all the external noise in (and music out too) thus this makes them useless in any sort of noisy environment, as you will hear all the noise around you.

It is a trade off, you will never get the best of both worlds in one headphone. If you can afford to, best to have two pairs for different situations.

As I mentioned previously, the HD850's are really good, you will find it hard stepping up from them without spending 4 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

298€ over on Amazon.es + postage for the black ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Was also watching amazon.es for the black ones to drop to the same price as the sliver purchased them this morning. 311e with tax/shipping.
    Petertyson.co.uk have them for £274

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement