Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi redmi note 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ph03nix89 wrote: »
    Thanks. Which version of the device do you own out of curiosity?
    Does it have the Helio or the Snapdragon chipset?

I think it's the Helio version.
    Kamili wrote: »
    I think thats specifically a three issue, sounds like you are getting pushed onto the old O2 masts which have not been upgraded yet.

I could be wrong though.

I'm on meteor and have not had much issue with 4G at all.

Strange though, I had a Huawei Ascend G7 prior to this, never had the 4G issues with that phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ireland is not an option for Home Country. I chose Germany, have no issues.

With regard to 4G connectivity, its very hit and miss. A lot of the time, my phone goes to roaming mode, and i have H+ with the o2 network show up (i'm with 3)

Which version of the phone do you have? Is it the global edition? You need that to get both 4G bands (urban and rural). Are you having issues outside city centre areas?

See below the global edition has more 4g band capability than the standard version.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ph03nix89

I think it's the Helio version.

Strange though, I had a Huawei Ascend G7 prior to this, never had the 4G issues with that phone.

I know the Helio version doesn't support band 20 for LTE which is essential in here from what I've been able to find. The global version does however so that's that sorted. Cheers Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can anyone point me to somewhere safe to buy this phone 64gb global version? Preferably where I won't be stung with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

gmisk wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to somewhere safe to buy this phone 64gb global version? Preferably where I won't be stung with customs.

my friend bought hers on honorbuy and paid customs in advance (apparently). I got mine on Aliexpress and got stung for €39 :o

• Advertisement

my friend bought hers on honorbuy and paid customs in advance (apparently). I got mine on Aliexpress and got stung for €39 :o
    I think honorbuy can ship from Europe maybe?
    Thanks will check them out!

I was considering trying the Maze Alpha but looks like it has issues with Netflix, which I would definitely like.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/maze-alpha-bezel-less-smartphone-news/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I got mine from mishop.ie

They have Irish stock, and you'll have the phone in a few days (i had mine the next day). They have a store on Adverts.ie as well.

They have Irish stock, and you'll have the phone in a few days (i had mine the next day). They have a store on Adverts.ie as well.

Thanks for that, but doesn't seem to be any stock

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I've been pondering getting one of these also. Prices on mishop.ie are a good bit higher than other sites, like Honorbuy.com, even after factoring in the 30 or so Euro shipping cost you need to pay to have it sent from an EU warehouse (thus avoiding customs charges). Mishop is also selling the Xiaomi 6 for over 500 Euro, whereas it can be bought for almost 100less ion other sites and they also have a 3-4 week waiting period. I guess it's an Irish thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Koobcam wrote: »
    I've been pondering getting one of these also. Prices on mishop.ie are a good bit higher than other sites, like Honorbuy.com, even after factoring in the 30 or so Euro shipping cost you need to pay to have it sent from an EU warehouse (thus avoiding customs charges). Mishop is also selling the Xiaomi 6 for over 500 Euro, whereas it can be bought for almost 100less ion other sites and they also have a 3-4 week waiting period. I guess it's an Irish thing..
    I

If mishop.ie have a waiting period the they are either waiting for stock or ordering from China to fulfill your order. Cut out the middle man, buy direct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Murray13

Hey, where did you order the Note 4?
    I am looking to have it delivered soon and not get caught for import duty.

Advertisement