Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Will You Marry Me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After she was to come home on Sunday afternoon following an early shift in the hospital, I planned to take her to Howth pier to propose. Unfortunately, she accidentally took my keys to work with her, leaving me locked tight into a small flat with bars over the windows for the morning. I rang her at work on my brick of a mobile phone to be told "you're not meant to ring me at work" and "I didn't take your keys. " She arrived home after one, all apologetic with my keys.

I still took her to Howth and asked her on the pier, the wind blowing strands of her beautiful golden hair across her face. We retired to a pub afterwards where she sat in a daze with a drink in her hand, while I watched Man United beat west Ham 4-2. Get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

A long, long time ago, we were in a third class carriage of a train rattling into Varanasi, and I asked him would he marry me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

After she was to come home on Sunday afternoon following an early shift in the hospital, I planned to take her to Howth pier to propose. Unfortunately, she accidentally took my keys to work with her, leaving me locked tight into a small flat with bars over the windows for the morning. I rang her at work on my brick of a mobile phone to be told "you're not meant to ring me at work" and "I didn't take your keys. " She arrived home after one, all apologetic with my keys.

I still took her to Howth and asked her on the pier, the wind blowing strands of her beautiful golden hair across her face. We retired to a pub afterwards where she sat in a daze with a drink in her hand, while I watched Man United beat west Ham 4-2. Get in!

Someone who gets their team's result into the story - now to me, that is romantic!!!!!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Candie wrote: »
    The bar:

Raised so high you need stilts to see over it.
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Jaysus. Fair play!
    And that is how you do it lads!

Well done!

Cheers! I needed to do something to make sure she said yes :)
    hairyslug wrote: »
    **** sake lad, you are making the rest of us look bad

I could talk about the time I bought her a hoover for mothers day if you want examples of how NOT to keep the missus happy :D
    evil_seed wrote: »
    fair play. How you had the patience for all that I don't know.
    Once I had the engagement ring got it was all I could do to not ask her. It took a month of will power an inner strength. I'd never have planned anything due to that

Not going to lie, it was really difficult. I had the ring almost 3 months before I popped the question. Believe it or not, the trickiest part of the whole day was arranging the babysitters!
    Winterlong wrote: »
    No way am I posting how I proposed after that!

ah go on! I was just getting the ball rolling!

Advertisement