Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Will You Marry Me?

Options
  • 29-11-2016 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Your proposal Story?

Mine: None, All alone :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

shane9689 wrote: »
    Your proposal Story?

Not a promising beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Your proposal Story?

Right so, I'll make a woman out of ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ah well for the time thats in it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

'We're losing a sh1tload of tax here. Lets harmonize our arrangment'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

While walking home from The Anglers Rest after one too many.
    She stopped me and asked me to marry her. It wasn't the most romantic scenario ever, but I readily agreed.
    We had drunken sex when we got back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It wasn't so much the proposal that got me my wife, more a confirmation email from www.thaibrides.com

Unfortunately this was the only purchase I ever made where I didn't want 10% extra free but I got it.....and it was bigger than mine :(

Didn't even give 'her' one for the road, just sent her back and gave the seller 1 star on the website....

Learned my lesson about buying online, she must have been doing a 'Buffalo Bill' in the pictures :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

new years morning this year I knew I was popping the question.
    she was making tea, and I got such a not in my stomach, I couldn't stand.
    I called her to our bedroom, asked her to sit down beside me, rambled something, then got on one knee, took the ring out of my top pocket and asked her to marry me.
    Getting married Easter Monday next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

So, how did you meet? (nsfw language)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

She walked behind me while I was searching engagement rings on-line, thought she'd caught me so ended up proposing with the line "crap, suppose you better help me pick the ring so!".

She hadn't noticed my screen at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭LCD

Just finished a race in Hawaii, met her at finish line, where she had unknowingly being carrying the ring all day in her bag. Got ring, got down on one knee, spouted the Hollywood lines, opened the box, dropped the ring D'oH!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

LCD wrote: »
    Just finished a race in Hawaii, met her at finish line, where she had unknowingly being carrying the ring all day in her bag. Got ring, got down on one knee, spouted the Hollywood lines, opened the box, dropped the ring D'oH!!

Kona??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

She said 'I don't think you're ever going to ask me to marry you' so in a huff, I said 'Fine, I will. Will you marry me?'

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭The Draugan

I recreated the first day we met , drinks in our old college bar with the same people that were there (a shared group of mates) , a walk up to Grafton street to see the Christmas lights (brought her there the first time because she'd never seen them before), asked if she fancied going cinema the following day as we wandered around by Stevens green as i had 4 years earlier , popped the question with a Swarovski crystal promise ring outside Buswells across from Leinster house , where we first kissed. She hadn't copped much to my surprise until i actual had the ring out on one knee the lot.

Called our folks to tell them from the same bench in Trinity we had gone after for a shifting sesh , then back to Church on the bottom of Henry street (we had gone to McDonalds there the first time round but figured that wasn't quite fitting for the occasion :P The following day we skipped out on the cinema and went to buy a big fcuk off diamond instead hahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your proposal Story?

But... I thought.. when I saw the title.... *runs out of thread crying*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I was curled in a ball in bed, feeling all sick and everything, I was just ranting about something absolutely unimportant, unshowered, Hair wasn't brushed when he came over and popped the question. I had to sit up first to even react on that. Proposed with a token ring of mine that he just took. He da best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Up the side of a hill in bonnie bonnie Scotland.
    Had been looking at rings for an entire fortnight before the planned weekend, left to go abroad for work, the week beforehand and left my ipad at home. She asked to use it and I said she couldn't (I had about a dozen Chrome tabs with prices to wiki definitions of Colour, Cut , Clarity and whatever the last C is!), gave her an incorrect PIN so it locked. She thought I was cheating on her!

I've never felt a wave of nerves like I did before I popped the question. She told me "shut up, get up, your lying". I wasn't. She said Yes.

The phonecall home to our parents was one of the best things I've ever done. We're going back to that spot again soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Asked at the Leonidaion at Olympia. It wasnt a surprise or anything special but i got down on 1 knee while some auld dear a few 100ft away cheared.

Edit: I had actually laid the groundwork about 2 months prior to this when I called her to tell her a hotel near us had a special offer on weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I had a day planned for her as well, Went to "work" ( secretly went for a hot towel shave and picked up my suit) and had her cousins and my brother show up to mind the kids as it was during the summer holidays.

9am - Flowers delivered with a card saying be ready for 10 to be picked up.
    10am - Limo shows up with a card and voucher for Dundrum to go buy something nice as we're going somewhere nice for dinner and instructions to be ready at the drop off point for 2.30 for the next bit of the day.
    2.30pm - Limo picks her up and brings her to the Church pub on Henry street, where we first met and I have the staff all in on it and they are going to bring us upstairs for a nice lunch. We get up the stairs and there is a bookstand there with a scrapbook with sketchings from a very talented friend of mine detailing our life together to date (graduation, kids, pretty eventful :D ) and passages of text telling her why I wanted to marry her because I knew if I was to try and say it all, I'd either mess it up, forget half the stuff or make a terrible joke. When she turned around, I was one one knee.

...And she said No! :eek:

Said yes 5 seconds later laughing but scared the crap out of me!

Staff came up with champagne, had a nice feed with all the women in the place coming over for a look at the ring.

Get a call around 3.30 from the photographer saying "I'm in position" so I have to go back out and pose in the glass tower at the Church again :D

Then her Dad picked us up, brought us to powerscourt and we had dinner and an executive suite with this incredible platter they had in the room with "Congratulations" spelt out on it.

A year's work or so but totally worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had to get out a bi-lingual dictionary as she misunderstood and thought I was telling her she should go home to her country!

RedXIV wrote: »
    I had a day planned for her as well, Went to "work" ( secretly went for a hot towel shave and picked up my suit) and had her cousins and my brother show up to mind the kids as it was during the summer holidays.

10am - Limo shows up with a card and voucher for Dundrum to go buy something nice as we're going somewhere nice for dinner and instructions to be ready at the drop off point for 2.30 for the next bit of the day.
    2.30pm - Limo picks her up and brings her to the Church pub on Henry street, where we first met and I have the staff all in on it and they are going to bring us upstairs for a nice lunch. We get up the stairs and there is a bookstand there with a scrapbook with sketchings from a very talented friend of mine detailing our life together to date (graduation, kids, pretty eventful :D ) and passages of text telling her why I wanted to marry her because I knew if I was to try and say it all, I'd either mess it up, forget half the stuff or make a terrible joke. When she turned around, I was one one knee.

Staff came up with champagne, had a nice feed with all the women in the place coming over for a look at the ring.

Get a call around 3.30 from the photographer saying "I'm in position" so I have to go back out and pose in the glass tower at the Church again :D

Then her Dad picked us up, brought us to powerscourt and we had dinner and an executive suite with this incredible platter they had in the room with "Congratulations" spelt out on it.

The bar:

Raised so high you need stilts to see over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm still waiting on her to propose to me. If she likes it then she should put a ring on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

**** sake lad, you are making the rest of us look bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

And that is how you do it lads!

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

huge elaborate plan

fair play. How you had the patience for all that I don't know.
    Once I had the engagement ring got it was all I could do to not ask her. It took a month of will power an inner strength. I'd never have planned anything due to that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

So... do ya fancy being buried with our lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

No way am I posting how I proposed after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 looseliver

Spelled out 'Will you marry me' in chips...

In the highly unlikely event of me being proposed to I would like it to be in a very simple manner. Sitting on the couch with a coffee just chatting away and then a quiet "will you marry me".
    No fuss or event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

In the highly unlikely event of me being proposed to I would like it to be in a very simple manner. Sitting on the couch with a coffee just chatting away and then a quiet "will you marry me".
    No fuss or event.

Would there not be a risk of a misunderstanding though - if they mumble it?

You and the OH sitting by the fire and he mumbles 'Will you scratch me back'...but you misheard and start jumping up and down saying 'yes yes yes'.
    Awkward like.

Advertisement