Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My only issue is that you stay in crouch after R1 listening.
    Rob2D wrote: »
    I expected TLOU. I expected more like the scene with the birthday trip to the museum. That was the highlight of the entire game and we all know it.

Two of the best posts on Boards ever.

You do realise you can literally change this in the controls menu :P

Christ

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Christ

The accessibility and controls options are really extensive

The best I've seen in a console game in a long time imo

There is an auto lock function also for folks who don't like the aiming (I love the default realistic aiming but still)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love you :)

• Advertisement

yeah I saw your post earlier and changed the aiming, I also have the thing that makes the world go a funny colour to help with collectibles
    I messed with the field of view and camera angle but it seems to have closed in rather than zoomed out and it's freaking me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mind blown. Thanks T.Hanks

Those stalkers are something else. They make my heart jump out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Opening a safe without finding the code...

Q8ZNXS8.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Just clicked into what I thought was this thread and it was the spoiler one instead. FML. I seen other people have done the same. Burn that thread to the ground :mad:

• Advertisement

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Just clicked into what I thought was this thread and it was the spoiler one instead. FML. I seen other people have done the same. Burn that thread to the ground :mad:

If only there was a way of telling them apart....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

If only there was a way of telling them apart....

:rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,429 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Was searching a room in a building, turned round to leave the room and saw a stalker run past the door, nearly made me jump out of my seat.

Went looking and couldn't find him which made the tension worse, ever corner I turned I just expected him to jump me.

This game is really excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Starting Seattle Day 1 (A)...
    Despite seeing the leaks and my misgivings about the story I was enjoying the game a lot and especially the interactions between Ellie, Dina and Jesse.

But now we're on to Abby. I'm sorry but I just don't give a shít about this character. TLOU is Ellie and Joel and 5 minutes of Abby and her super nice guy Dad helping a zebra isn't going to strike an emotional chord with me. I presume we'll get a lot more of that but I won't care. I anticipate this part of the game being a slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Just finished it a few minutes ago. I can't see myself ever playing it again. It's not a bad game but it's not a patch on the first one. The story isn't there, the tension isn't there. It looks good but I never really got invested in it the way I did the original.

Playing with headphones definitely adds to the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My only issue is that you stay in crouch after R1 listening.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I love you :)

Where? Ive scoured every menu and cant find this.

I see changing Listen mode from HOLD to TOGGLE but that's not what he means. He wants to auto stand up after listen mode and I see NO option that makes you stand back up after using listen mode.

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

It may be a small thing but the fact that going into a story area can let go you out of areas not yet explored infuriates me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Can I just ask how you are enjoying this game? Has it lived up to expectations? As good as the first?

I have yet to purchase but the first one was my favourite game of the last 10years and I loved it but I haven't played it for well over 5 years and I'm nearly scared to try second one incase it doesn't live up to hype.
    The same thing happened me with red dead redemption 2 I was looking forward to it but I hated it compared to first and only played a quarter of it before giving up.

Should I purchase immediately? :)

It's very subjective but on the basis of your post I would say don't get it.
    It's a good game but it'll make you sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

This is a whole nother level of sad. Trying to troll a United fan in another forum because Liverpool won the league. The clubs first title in 30 years and you cant even enjoy it without having Manchester United and their fans burrowed deep in your psyche, and you are heading for 40 years of age :D:D:D. T-hanks will certainly never walk alone with you boys around anyway. :pac:

Kirby wrote: »
    Where? Ive scoured every menu and cant find this.

I see changing Listen mode from HOLD to TOGGLE but that's not what he means. He wants to auto stand up after listen mode and I see NO option that makes you stand back up after using listen mode.

Are you sure?

Unless I misunderstood but there are auto modes that need to be enabled in accessibility options for listen mode.

I will check this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭recyclops

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah it's so heavy. It often looks like I'm playing Silent Hill 2.

I wish I was. A masterclass in gaming.

I am near the end from what I can gather its around 10 hours too long, they took the worst parts of the first extended and them.

It's just not as tight as the first game and very few (one imo) stand out moments so far. I just hope the end changes that.

Unless I misunderstood but there are auto modes that need to be enabled in accessibility options for listen mode.

I will check this evening

You gave us hope and then you took it away :)

I spent ages yesterday trying to find it, fortunately I was drinking and easily distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ok I'm around 14 hours in and just back finished Seattle Day 3. I tried not to spoil myself before playing the game but have I got to the parts I'm meant to be outrage about??
    Are people upset over Ellie killing a pregnant woman??
    I figure that I'll be playing as Abby for a while now(this was spoiled for me fwiw). Maybe up to the point where she shoots Jesse. I really like Dina, I felt nothing when Jesse died as I think Ellie didn't spend enough time with him, that for me is key in The Last of Us. You get an attachment the longer you hang around characters. My only criticism so far is that flashback when Joel told Ellie what really happened at the end of the first game, that scene ended too soon. I assume there will be another flashback but I think the gap will have been too long between them.
    The scars are a real challenge as they seem quite aggressive compared to the WLF. Maybe that's just me.

People are unhappy that it isn't the last of us 1 part 2. If that makes sense. They just wanted the same game again in a new location.

If they got that, then the same outrage merchants would be saying it should have been $20 dlc and moaned about how devs make safe sequels and never take risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm almost 19 hours in,
    Abby
    is a great character
    and as much as I love Joel and Ellie, it's nice to see a different side to the story.
    It is a bit long though. I'm finding myself just wanting to get through a section quickly instead of taking my time to explore which is the opposite you'd want to soak in the atmosphere.

Overall, absolutely loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I think I'm right at the end of the game, right now I
    am playing as Ellie again in Santa Barbara. I really thought she would leave it alone, really can't wait to see where this goes

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Overall, absolutely loving it.

You might want to spoiler tag the start of this post

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Markitron wrote: »
    I think I'm right at the end of the game, right now I
    am playing as Ellie again in Santa Barbara. I really thought she would leave it alone, really can't wait to see where this goes

You might want to spoiler tag the start of this post

Goddamn this game is hard to talk about. I think that's another bit, some of my friends have cleared it and itching to talk to me about it. I feel like I've done so well avoiding leaks, I want to finish it ASAP to make sure it stays that way but the rushing is definitely taking away from the enjoyment.

Advertisement