Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mines not working.
    I'm using Amazon movies and put the UK global IP into a static DNS on the eir f2000.
    Has anyone any ideas?

Use the Irish DNS settings if you are Irish based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

adox wrote: »
    Use the Irish DNS settings if you are Irish based.

I want to use Amazon Prime Movies which is UK so need to use a UK IP

HOw do I refresh my IP? Is it just a reboot?

Are you changing the DNS settings.? Then you should use the ones listed that are the closest to your location, not what part of the globe you want to access. You change the DNS settings and don't have to change them again.

Log into your account on the Getflix page and it will tell you if it is running with your current IP address. If not it will ask you to hit the update or refresh button on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

On your dashboard you should be able to "force ip address update"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Mines not working.
    I'm using Amazon movies and put the UK global IP into a static DNS on the eir f2000.
    Has anyone any ideas?

Getflix need to know your current external IP address. If this is not static either use getflix app from app store or dydns service to keep your IP undated. I use no-ip with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Thats not how this works. This is dns redirection not resolving your actual ip. Irish people need to use the Irish dns server which automatically redirects depending on your website configured servers

Refreshing means to force an update of getflix to use your current which is something you may have to do a lot if you have a dynamic ip.

I think the reasons above are probably the main cause of most people's problems

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

Anyone get this working OK on an iPad?

Irish Kev wrote: »
    It was,Subscription Expiry Jan 15, 2047

Jan11 2047 for me, Can we pass this on in our wills?

GAMAN wrote: »
    Anyone get this working OK on an iPad?

Yeah works fine for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Red Hot

Is this working with Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

I'm trying to get sky go working as I'm currently abroad and it's not playing ball. Is the subnet mask etc standard numbers?

On your dashboard you should be able to "force ip address update"

I did an IP update and it's seeing my external IP.

I need to have the UK IP for Amazon movies as they are geolocked.
    I put it in the static DNS field as primary and secondary DNS.

What am i doing wrong?

What am i doing wrong?

Put in the Irish DNS settings as instructed earlier!

What am i doing wrong?
    Put Irish address in primary and if you wish put UK one in secondary. Also in getflix app or dashboard set Amazon region to UK.

Ok guys...its sorted. Once I got beyond the block(pardon the pun) that it needed to be a UK server to show amazon uk:)

I set the DNS to the Irish IP did a reboot on the server and updated my IP...I'm now watching Emmerdale.......after checking that Amazon worked:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Has anyone got this to work for Netflix? I get all the US content, but also the proxy error when I try to play. Has anyone got a workaround for this? PM please, if this isn't allowed on Boards!

Got a Fire TV box. Fantastic compared an old android I had. One thing though, BBC iplayer and ITV hub app are not available to me (even though using getflix) on Fire Tv so side loaded them . BBC Iplayer seems fine but ITV hub has a strange vertical aspect when the app is launched even though i can stream from it fine. Netflix is hit and miss getting a lot of geoblocking. Also the Fire remote isn't great, so am using a mouse. Anyone else have these issues with a AFTv box?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got a Fire TV box. Fantastic compared an old android I had. One thing though, BBC iplayer and ITV hub app are not available to me (even though using getflix) on Fire Tv so side loaded them . BBC Iplayer seems fine but ITV hub has a strange vertical aspect when the app is launched even though i can stream from it fine. Netflix is hit and miss getting a lot of geoblocking. Also the Fire remote isn't great, so am using a mouse. Anyone else have these issues with a AFTv box?

Also using a firetvv box and Netflix is temperamental. Works fine most of the time but will stop mid stream on a whim and give the geolockng error.

Are you using An Irish Amazon account on Fire TV. Log in with a uk based account.

givecredit wrote: »
    Are you using An Irish Amazon account on Fire TV. Log in with a uk based account.

im using amazon.co.uk..is that what you mean?

• Advertisement

Fascinating, a lot of the american network shows are available in browser... NBC, ABC,FOX pbs etc though my ad blocker stops CBS

No. Is your address on Amazon account a UK or rep of Ireland address. You need UK based account for UK apps to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

These are the instructions that I used to get the UK apps on my FireTV. Quite old, but worth a shot.

Great stuff ! instructions work still and all sorted thanks guys.

Just hoping now the lifetime getflix is what it sez on the tin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I missed the $29 offer, but even at $39 seems like a good deal. Still on the trial period and I managed to get the settings right in the LAN (BBC works) but when I try to enter the DNS server on the Technicolor router, it's asking me the IPv6 DNS Server and I can only find the IPv4 on the Getflix pages. Any idea on how I can set this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

m4r10 wrote: »
    I missed the $29 offer, but even at $39 seems like a good deal. Still on the trial period and I managed to get the settings right in the LAN (BBC works) but when I try to enter the DNS server on the Technicolor router, it's asking me the IPv6 DNS Server and I can only find the IPv4 on the Getflix pages. Any idea on how I can set this right?

From Getflix Support

Does Getflix support IPv6?

The short answer is: No, so if you use IPv6 you will need to disable and IPv6 DNS servers or disable IPv6 completely.

The long answer is: Our software is IPv6 ready, however, our most of our hosting providers currently do not support native IPv6 addresses right through to our servers. Once they do, we will enable IPv6 support and publish the details of the IPv6 DNS servers on our website.

Thanks for that. I thought there's a work around this but can't find it ATM. Tried to convert the IPv4 to 6 but still not recognisable by the router and I can't find a way to disable IPv6. Guess I'll stick with the LAN settings for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Will this work with the USA I need to watch velocity go this weekend.also is there a free trial or can anyone recommend one cheers all

massy086 wrote: »
    Will this work with the USA I need to watch velocity go this weekend.also is there a free trial or can anyone recommend one cheers all

2 weeks free trial and I'd say it works with US sites, only tried the BBC iPlayer which works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thanks OP - signed up there after taking up the free trial.

Signing up for TechCrunch newsletter gives 10% off purchases over $30, so it came to €33.15 on Revolut

Advertisement