Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday Haul

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

geecee wrote: »
    Glad its not the 1928-1945 range!

Check out the history of Boss AG and you might not be in such a hurry to keep buying the products of this company

Did you know that they designed and produced the Nazi SS uniforms?

No agenda in this post - just don't feel that this board should be promoting any brands that have such a chequered history... bargain or not!

Yeah better dump Volkswagen, IBM, Ford and never drink Coca Cola or Fanta again along with never touching any medication manufactured by Bayer along with avoiding Standard Oil. Or use Allianz insurance

Also don't forget to make sure get people to avoid Chanel and Christian Dior and also stop the ladies buying Louis Vuitton.

Also make sure to never drive a BMW or Mercedes and chastise any you see doing it.

If Boss producing uniforms upsets you make sure you dump all phone and computer tech too as a lot of components come from Israeli company's who no doubt had links to government who have not so great times with Palestinians. Oh and dump any of your stuff made in China given its carry on towards it population.

By the way Hugo Boss is fab ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I bought an Amazon Echo ,I didn't really see anything else of merit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Zardoz wrote: »
    I bought an Amazon Echo ,I didn't really see anything else of merit .

Careful not to ask it to search for any Hugo Boss stuff it might start screeching "SIG HEIL!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yeah better dump Volkswagen, IBM, Ford and never drink Coca Cola or Fanta again along with never touching any medication manufactured by Bayer along with avoiding Standard Oil. Or use Allianz insurance

Also don't forget to make sure get people to avoid Chanel and Christian Dior and also stop the ladies buying Louis Vuitton.

Also make sure to never drive a BMW or Mercedes and chastise any you see doing it.

If Boss producing uniforms upsets you make sure you dump all phone and computer tech too as a lot of components come from Israeli company's who no doubt had links to government who have not so great times with Palestinians. Oh and dump any of your stuff made in China given its carry on towards it population.

By the way Hugo Boss is fab ;)

You forgot about never driving on the autobahn because you never know which part Hitler was responsible for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

geecee wrote: »
    Glad its not the 1928-1945 range!

Check out the history of Boss AG and you might not be in such a hurry to keep buying the products of this company

Did you know that they designed and produced the Nazi SS uniforms?

No agenda in this post - just don't feel that this board should be promoting any brands that have such a chequered history... bargain or not!

WTF? Is this the politics forum? By your logic we shouldn't buy or deal with...

• Volkswagen. ...
    • Bayer. ...
    • Siemens. ...
    • Coca-Cola, specifically Fanta. ...
    • Ford. ...
    • Standard Oil.
    • IBM
    • BMW
    • FORD/GM
    • Kodak
    • Audi (Group Auto Union)
    • Deutsche Bank
    • Nestle
    • Allianz
    • MGM / Warner Bros
    • Woolworth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

• FIFA 17 PS4 - £29.50 delivered to ROI address.

• 3 pairs of Nike runners for less than 1/2 price. They were on sale and I got 30% off using XMAS16

- Nike Pegasus running trainers €128 reduced to €84 got them for €61

- 2 pairs of Nike Lunar Glide trainers €122 reduced to €74.50 got them for €59

• 49" Finlux Full HD LED TV - €239 in Harvey Norman. Spec's are not brilliant but it's for a spare room with a Chromecast. Don't need it to be outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My mam was going shopping so I asked her to get me make up. There was 10% off it so I got 2 bottles for €59.40 instead of €66.

Except I gave her my bank card and told her to buy herself and my nanny lunch. Which she did. With wine.

So yeh.

No bargains for moi!

****in worth it though. Going out tonight and had no make up. I'd sooner have used emulsion on me mug than gone to the shops this weekend.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh, 12 month Xbox live and a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

matchthis wrote: »
    Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh, 12 month Xbox live and a bike.

I was looking for Myrrh, where did you get it?
    Also, what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think I am getting old

Frozen 14" Kids Bike £50
    Frozen Accessories pack £12
    Little Tikes Cozy Couple £27

With those 3 items saved circa €100 versus Smyths so my present for good shop
    Amazon Dot Echo Dot £39.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Skerries wrote: »
    So what have you bought so far and what do you intend to buy yet?

So far I have I have purchased

Philips Hue GU10 Starter Kit
    Philips Hue Light Strip Plus
    Hisense 43" TV
    Amazon Echo Dot
    Logitech G502 Gaming mouse
    Steam Controller

still tempted to get more Hue stuff and the UE Boom 2 even though I have the first one :)

Where did you get the Hue GU10? I didn't see any of sale. Just the B22's on Amazon.es

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

AS1890 wrote:
    - 2 pairs of Nike Lunar Glide trainers €122 reduced to €74.50 got them for €59

AS1890 wrote:
    - Nike Pegasus running trainers €128 reduced to €84 got them for €61

AS1890 wrote:
    • 3 pairs of Nike runners for less than 1/2 price. They were on sale and I got 30% off using XMAS16

Hey do you mind me asking where you got the runners, in the market for a pair myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,749 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nothing :( Don't get paid till the 28th which means the money only hit my account this morning - probably for the best.. have to get some stuff for Santy and that stuff has a few quid off alright but not as part of BF

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

SachaJ wrote: »
    Where did you get the Hue GU10? I didn't see any of sale. Just the B22's on Amazon.es

Also where did you get the Hisense and for how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭rob316

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Nothing :( Don't get paid till the 28th which means the money only hit my account this morning - probably for the best.. have to get some stuff for Santy and that stuff has a few quid off alright but not as part of BF

That's what we have credit cards for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Nothing unfortunately. I was keeping an eye on a The North Face jacket across a few sites but the black Friday sale price was higher than some previous reduced prices on those sites.

Think I'll grab an Amazon fire tab tonight alright. My last tab, a Samsung tab II, which was also a BA a few years back has gone AWOL. I probably left it in a hotel somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Nothing, i was watching for psn4 for santy but any of the decent bargains had games for big kids/adults so will wait and see if a suitable bargain is there monday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

A UE boom speaker, echo dot and xbox gold 12 mth. That's all folks.

rob316 wrote: »
    That's what we have credit cards for :pac:

Santy has already been using that too :p

SeaFields wrote: »
    Nothing unfortunately. I was keeping an eye on a The North Face jacket across a few sites but the black Friday sale price was higher than some previous reduced prices on those sites.

Think I'll grab an Amazon fire tab tonight alright. My last tab, a Samsung tab II, which was also a BA a few years back has gone AWOL. I probably left it in a hotel somewhere.

If it's the tab I was looking at earlier I'd reconsider... low screen resolution and only 1GB RAM really isn't enough anymore IMO. You want Full HD and 2GB minimum and they don't seem to do their own one in that spec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

SachaJ wrote: »

They have come up several times in the last week for £119, have a look in the Home Automation forum
    Also where did you get the Hisense and for how much?

The Hisense went down to £300 but as someone said it was for less than an hour on Thursday morning around 7:30 am, I just happened to wake up up then and noticed the Camelx3 alert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Hadn't planned to get anything but now I'm at 2200 so far - another 1000 likely today* Saved ~ 1100 on things I had been tracking to buy.

(* building a house and getting my appliances sorted)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anazon deals,
    PSVR €300 from warehouse
    Hisense 43 €310 warehouse
    Optoma hd142x projector €300 warehouse
    Plus
    Delonghi Autentica coffee machine €260
    Dyson v6 fluffy ebay store €200 ish
    Couple of air fryers, headphones, kids stuff for gifts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

If I buy something from a uk site for €230 will I get hit with VAT charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Deisler wrote: »
    If I buy something from a uk site for €230 will I get hit with VAT charge?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Amazon usually add on the difference in the vat rates so the price will go up slightly

It's Zavvi do they do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Deisler wrote:
    It's Zavvi do they do the same?

No but you are liable for customs as its outside EU (jersey)

So basically I'd get hit with charges. Is there a breakdown of them anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Try the online buying forum maybe? The regulars there might be more knowledgable on this specifics

Advertisement