Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 6 | Swear [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The most ridiculous aspect was Heath's Walker doppleganger walking around the bridge among the other sand walkers with identical dreadlocks, blue t-shirt and not a grain of sand on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Highlights for me were the close up shots every time Tara was running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Wow Tara is such a weak and annoying character, her stupid trying to be quick wit really grates on me, and she's actually a piss poor actor. The guy that plays Heath is fairly decent though, plus the effects of the sand walkers was well done. Poor enough episode overall though, my patience with the show is nearly gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

bantee wrote: »
    Wow Tara is such a weak and annoying character, her stupid trying to be quick wit really grates on me, and she's actually a piss poor actor. The guy that plays Heath is fairly decent though, plus the effects of the sand walkers was well done. Poor enough episode overall though, my patience with the show is nearly gone now.

her acting was awful , it was like some bit character on a cheap comedy, I was hoping they had shot her

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

That was the worst episode yet imo. Im actually at the stage now that when I can see they are hunkering down for a long boring, needless chinwag, I just FF through it. Did that a couple of times in this episode. Absolute dirge, as was much of the dialogue and acting. Her bad impersonation of Matthew Perry got old really quickly.

As previous poster said, think I will forget this now and just watch a bunch of episodes at once some time in the future. Can't abide with filler, time wasting bullshít like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Watched the first 10 minutes. Got a pain in my hole from it. Turned it off.

If next week isnt seriously better, then i'm done with this show.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Watched the first 10 minutes. Got a pain in my hole from it. Turned it off.

If next week isnt seriously better, then i'm done with this show.

You based your whole judgement of the episode on first 10 minutes........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

So this half of the series is introducing us to all the groups that will band together and the next half will be them banding together. Now will the assault on saviour central be the cliff hanger or next season? **** me 13 weeks of boredom

A motly crew banded together under maggie v neagan, all of the neagans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

And this series as a whole..

Yes.

Too stupid to even justify any more of my time being wasted on it. If the first ten minutes of an episode are so bad that they make a person feel compelled to switch it off, then that would usually lead to someone having a poor opinion of it.

I dont see how this is confusing for you.

• Advertisement

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    And this series as a whole..

Incorrect. Judgement on the series as a whole and consideration being given to ceasing watching it, is based on the entire disjointed and almost nonsensical car crash that the series has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Your enjoyment of this episode rests on whether you like Tara as a character, and if you're happy to see her have her own ep.

I liked it for what it was, a bit of exposition for tara, someones whos only been a bit player up to this point. She's funny and relatable.

Yet I can't help but feel they might be building her up just to kill her off later on in the season. She's the type of character people wont grieve for long. But the writers may be fleshing out her arc to get us to the point where we'll care more if it does happen.

I'm glad they didn't drag out the reveal of denise's and the other deaths to tara, and have her go on not knowing.

Yes.

Too stupid to even justify any more of my time being wasted on it. If the first ten minutes of an episode are so bad that they make a person feel compelled to switch it off, then that would usually lead to someone having a poor opinion of it.

I dont see how this is confusing for you.

Oh, nothing confusing on my behalf. But you seem to be confused as you didn't actually watch the episode so you aren't really in a position to judge the EPISODE. You are in a good position to judge the first 10 minutes though. What are you going to do if you aren't keen on first 10 minutes next week? Flick over again?

Oh, nothing confusing on my behalf. But you seem to be confused as you didn't actually watch the episode so you aren't really in a position to judge the EPISODE. You are in a good position to judge the first 10 minutes though. What are you going to do if you aren't keen on first 10 minutes next week? Flick over again?

No, I'm not at all confused. As I said already I deemed the first ten minutes to be so bad that I didn't feel I wanted to sit through the full episode.

So in my own opinion when a episode of a TV show is that bad that you cant even get to the end then that is a bad episode. Pretty simple reasoning I would have thought.

No, I'm not at all confused. As I said already I deemed the first ten minutes to be so bad that I didn't feel I wanted to sit through the full episode.

So in my own opinion when a episode of a TV show is that bad that you cant even get to the end then that is a bad episode. Pretty simple reasoning I would have thought.

I agree ;) Simple reasoning!

I agree ;) Simple reasoning!

Although not simple enough for you it seems, if I had to explain it twice!!

Although not simple enough for you it seems, if I had to explain it twice!!

There is a couple of interpretations of the word simple! That's all I am saying. If you were a fan of the show you would have stuck it out an extra 40 minutes or so.
    Maybe you may not have liked the whole episode but you are not qualified to say you didn't as you didn't watch the bloody thing. In fact you didnt even watch 80% of it.

Now that is simple reasoning.

There is a couple of interpretations of the word simple! That's all I am saying. If you were a fan of the show you would have stuck it out an extra 40 minutes or so.
    Maybe you may not have liked the whole episode but you are not qualified to say you didn't as you didn't watch the bloody thing. In fact you didnt even watch 80% of it.

Now that is simple reasoning.

Yes I am well aware there are multiple interpretations of the word simple. Seems you are having trouble keeping up with your own double entendre!! :)

And I most definitely am a fan of the show. Is there a rule that says as a fan I absolutely must sit through every single episode, no matter how tiresome I find them.

I found the first 10 minutes to be so hard to watch that I had no wish to try and sit through any more of the episode. Ergo, when an episode of a tv show makes me feel like that, in my opinion it was a terrible episode.

I am more than qualified to decide and express what I do and dont like based on my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

This was an awful episode. I watched the whole lot and it put me right off.. I know it's one episode but my god it's the worst one they ever made by a mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I feel like I could've skipped this episode and watched next week's episode without missing anything at all. I get what the writers are doing, they're showing a bigger world with Alexandria, The Kingdom, The Sanctuary, The Hilltop and now Feminist Island, but the writers are milking the baps off the show now.
    s.

feminist island? :D
    I called it the same myself

a good call on his part.
    judged it around the same mark myself but hung on till the end ...my judgement was right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Only watched ten minutes and thought it was poor. Watched the rest later and it was worse than expected. Did not enjoy much, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I didn't think it could get worse than last weeks.... jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think it was a bad episode on it's own, but taken as a whole this series so far has been so badly paced / planned I'm struggling to keep up interest.

They are doing a great job so far butchering the best period of the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

I dropped off after last weeks episode....I am just going to record the episodes from now until the season is over and then just binge watch them....I remember doing something similar last season and really enjoyed it!....Its just too slow and the style of writing doesn't suit for good watching week to week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I could never understand why The Wire was not more popular at the time, but when you see the complaints about the pacing etc regarding TWD I can understand completely, some shows just need to be watched in block form by the wider audience these days seemingly.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I could never understand why The Wire was not more popular at the time, but when you see the complaints about the pacing etc regarding TWD I can understand completely, some shows just need to be watched in block form by the wider audience these days seemingly.

Are you suggesting that these past few episodes have been masterful slow burners?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Are you suggesting that these past few episodes have been masterful slow burners?

Not in the slightest.

These past few episodes have been slow paced, by design I feel, though it seems a little disjointed. I don't think it is working out the way the showrunners intended, but to open up the world and do what they plan on doing in terms of storytelling there isn't many ways to do it while keeping the generation of tv watchers today happy.

This show would be better off on Netflix or the like in that regard, in the same way The Wire was much better received by the public when it came out on box set. That The Wire in itself is a vastly superior show in almost every way isn't important for the comparison.

The audience is expecting big things each week, where as the show is right now concerned with laying the groundwork for future storylines, its kind of a transitional season in that regard and you would get away with it better in binge watching form, though I do think it could be done better anyway and am not saying each week has been a delight. I just think it will have to be viewed in its entirety to judge it.

Kind of like music albums years ago, you were supposed to just press play on track one and listen to it as a whole body of work. Nowadays its more about the singles.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Not in the slightest.

These past few episodes have been slow paced, by design I feel, though it seems a little disjointed. I don't think it is working out the way the showrunners intended, but to open up the world and do what they plan on doing in terms of storytelling there isn't many ways to do it while keeping the generation of tv watchers today happy.

This show would be better off on Netflix or the like in that regard, in the same way The Wire was much better received by the public when it came out on box set. That The Wire in itself is a vastly superior show in almost every way isn't important for the comparison.

The audience is expecting big things each week, where as the show is right now concerned with laying the groundwork for future storylines, its kind of a transitional season in that regard and you would get away with it better in binge watching form, though I do think it could be done better anyway and am not saying each week has been a delight. I just think it will have to be viewed in its entirety to judge it.

Kind of like music albums years ago, you were supposed to just press play on track one and listen to it as a whole body of work. Nowadays its more about the singles.

Ah I completely get you now.

I think it would be more suited to being binge watched too but even then I think there's not enough nuanced character development to be moving at this one episode on one episode off pace. If you were watching back to back to back, I think most people would still be like "oh tara and black man I forgot they existed"

I usually much prefer watching stuff week to week, for things like fargo and better call saul I would even watch the newest episode twice some weeks to pick up every last detail but I wouldn't be able to bring myself to even consider watching these TWD episodes a second time, ever.

I'm not sure what they are really going for with TWD at the moment, they must know they're pissing off a massive portion of the audience, and it has always been a weekly show rather than binge watching so I can't see why they haven't been able to work out proper pacing yet and it's very frustrating. I can't even mention TWD in person without people saying it's **** and they gave up X amounts of episodes/seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I'm assuming this is the slow build up to all the communities coming together to fight the saviours?

I think it will be an epic battle (5 armies anyone?)

I don't think the producers will do this style of story arc anymore after this series but it's too late now for this season I guess.

Snore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Filler.

Advertisement