Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 6 | Swear [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 25-11-2016 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 6 - "Swear"

Airdate - November 27th on AMC at 9/8c | November 28th on FOX UK at 9PM
    Someone stumbles upon a brand new society unlike anything seen before.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 99 votes

0%
    1%
    claiva 1 vote
    2%
    geeceeRosie Rant 2 votes
    4%
    SilverfishIseedeadpixelsmacca3Ben Gadot 4 votes
    15%
    Drag00n79Prefab SprouterpromethiusuncleoswaldTony EHcharlietheminxxrednogginriceroempacherLionbackerRobsweeziedavo2001sabhailtnegunzmgakt7uw2dvfs 15 votes
    23%
    SimiLa_GordyMr.Nice GuyMc LoveNUTZZfrashnc6000Yakultarch_stantonMr Velowhite applesHande hoche!winston82readyletsgoOmackeralRothkoFalse ProphetMagpie1951Foreign SportsMarcus Antonius 23 votes
    19%
    Dubh GeannainDuffBlazerskipper_GironingboredcavemeisterShane St.Sudden Valleyirish_stevo815MonifeCracklebrianregan09pc7alchemist33munster87AmazingfuncrustyblaThibusOkon 19 votes
    19%
    Ping Chow Chimuckwarriormuppetkiller5starpoolLone Stonextal191banteeThat_GuyDarth MelkorPirateShampooCptMackeyBanjaxed82dexter647GuffyStaplorscamalertMac BKeplar240BA Shaved Duck? 19 votes
    11%
    ScruffprincemuzzyHank ScorpioNelson MuntzCasey78dr.kenneth noisewaterMrLaurelgary0345and still ricky villaKenjataimu2Mad2BeMad 11 votes
    5%
    Gordon GekkomojesiusDuckworth_LuasLoughcOodoov 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Excellent. More new characters to further dilute the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

At least they seem to be having a couple of different locations in the same episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

At least they seem to be having a couple of different locations in the same episode.

That first video is a preview for next 3 episodes until MS Finale!! :D

That first video is a preview for next 3 episodes until MS Finale!! :D

At the rate this show is going, I have no idea if you're joking or not...:)

At the rate this show is going, I have no idea if you're joking or not...:)

no, genuinely, it is! Listen to the intro. "In the weekS ahead" ! I know what/who this weeks episode centres around already!

• Advertisement

Fair play, you're completely right. Assume the episode is about Tara and black lad ,who's name I can't remember, so.

Fair play, you're completely right. Assume the episode is about Tara and black lad ,who's name I can't remember, so.
    more or less, yes..... (His name is Heath). Both actors were off set for the guts of a year (pregnancy and the actor that plays Heath stars in a new version of 24) so this is catching up on them. Tara still doesn't know her missus is dead as they have been out scavenging for over a fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This show is killing me from boredom.

EDIT: If they were going to torture Daryl in Negan's compound, they should replay all the episodes from this season thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Again hardly a great episode as everyone else has noted. I gave it a 6 though. The lad who's name I can't recall I don't care about at all. Didn't think I was particularly keen on Tara either, however there were a few moments in the episode that were funny and made me like her more as a character. Is it annoying that they seem to be stuck on this one character/area a week bollox, yes, but I was pleasantly surprised. Seeing the preview thought it would probably be the worst episode of the series (which is saying something) but it was watchable with a few nice moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Based on all the comments above (I've not read the spoilers) I think I'll save next few episodes for a Christmas binge, hopefully that will deaden the pain that this season has become, after an eye-popping (in Glenn's case, literally) opening incredibly dull. The last few episodes simply haven't been worth the bother of watching individually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Maybe that's why they copped out and didn't show who got killed at the end of the last season. Because they knew without it, this season would have been even more dull! Imagine how much more boring all these episodes would have been had we not had that very intense/action packed opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

if only rick hadn't given up the guns , we would have been spared these episodes in explaining how rick got more allies/guns etc..

damn you rick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I watched this and westworld b2b. Absolute chore to get through this but Westworld had me on the edge of my seat. Hope it picks up soon but I've found every episode bar the opener this season very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I think I just finished watching this episode. can't be 100% sure because my brain started to bleed about 45 seconds in from the boredom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

About a minute in, and I'm already meh to this. I forgot these 2 characters even existed tbh. Wouldn't be so bad if knew it was going back to Daryl or Rick soon, but these 2 for the whole episode, **** me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I enjoyed it. But then I have enjoyed most of this season bar the first episode. Don't get me wrong, it's not vintage TV or even vintage The Walking Dead but I am enjoying the slower pace and letting the characters breath in their own episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

arayess wrote: »
    if only rick hadn't given up the guns , we would have been spared these episodes in explaining how rick got more allies/guns etc..

damn you rick

If only Alana Masterson hadn't got pregnant then the writers wouldn't have had to write her character out of the show for a while and then they wouldn't have had to write this week's episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

4116606_80200411c12f3f84c18addd490882fa8.jpg

Irrelevant characters, irrelevant storyline, irrelevant episode. At least we are close to the mid season finale where stuff happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

What a poor episode - I stopped reading the comics at around this point and I can see why now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

My expectations were low going into this one given the fractured nature of the storytelling so far this season. In the end it wasn't as bad as I expected, Tara is a quirky and likeable character but the slow pace hampered the episode. It felt especially noticeable at the end, they finish with a character we've just been reintroduced to (having not seen her for 9 episodes) dealing with emotional fallout of something that happened 6 weeks ago for us the viewers. Why am I supposed to care again ?

Sand walkers were kinda cool though :)

• Advertisement

Decent enough episode, enjoy seeing the different communities. The new ocean based place seems to add credence to some posters who have suggested the merits of just up and moving. Also a bit more on the ruthlessness of the Saviours. Think Tara is a decent, likeably character too. Seems to find herself over her head frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I kind of liked the episode (I really like Tara and she was even more likeable in this one) but geographically it annoyed me ... Alexandria is a minimum three hour drive from the ocean and either over a very long bridge or through a very long tunnel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Maybe a stupid question but what was the ppp thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I liked the first three episodes when many didn't, but it's gone beyond a joke now. The direction, the tone, the music were all over the place. One second Tara was desperately running through walkers, the next she stood, pensively staring at them while they slowly circled around her. The moments of humour seemed forced and didn't rescue it. Definitely the worst so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Tara and Heath (or Keith like I thought!) are such weak charcaters that I didn't even remember they were gone scavaging. For the first few mins of the episode I was trying to place whether Tara had died pre/post/during the attack on the Saviours outpost. Anyway Tara is not a strong enough character imo for an episode without the gang but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Does the group she encountered appear in the comics?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

If I could've voted 0 for that episode, I would have. By far the worst episode of this show I've ever sat through. I'd class myself as a fan of the show and comics. I've read up to the latest issue, watched the show from when it aired and rewatched it from scratch last year, but had zero interest in that episode. It was up there with something the SyFy channel would produce.

I feel like I could've skipped this episode and watched next week's episode without missing anything at all. I get what the writers are doing, they're showing a bigger world with Alexandria, The Kingdom, The Sanctuary, The Hilltop and now Feminist Island, but the writers are milking the baps off the show now.

Hopefully next week is a case of onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This may come as a surprise but not only did I like that episode, I actually thought it was the strongest of the season.

As the opening minutes passed, a smile crept across my face - a rarity watching this show - wait a minute, I thought, is this another episode without Austin Tatious aka Negan? Another episode without the Disney King and his pal Richard Parker? Another episode without Solid Snake aka Carol? Oh writers, with these non-annoying characters, you are really spoiling us…

But then I groaned in disappointment - a common occurrence when watching this show - as Tara scanned this strange, new camp it dawned on me that there were no men around.

No...please no...I said to myself...it's a community that has shunned men, isn't it? That's what this week's whacky storyline is going to be about, right? It seemed like exactly the kind of goofy nonsense that you would find in a comic - and this show just loves putting the goofy nonsense found in comics on TV. I could even picture the dialogue: 'Tara, we have learned to live in a world without men. We call ourselves the Amazons.'

I was readying another dismal score at that point, but wait: they swerved me this time. It turns out that they aren't against men. This camp wasn't founded by Germaine Greer after all.

Were there flaws? Sure. I mean it's a bit much to expect an entire community of women to swear off men for life and effectively become a type of nunnery, no matter how traumatic the events they went through were; you would think there would be more Cyndies out there. Also made little sense to have a policy of shooting strangers on sight if we're talking about only one stranger: you'd think there would be times a potential hostage would be of more benefit, e.g. to reveal what plans are afoot if an attack is on the way.

Also I was a bit mystified as to what happened to the second woman Tara escaped from (not the one Tara had a showdown with). She must have fallen down a plot hole.

But on the bright side, Tara's character was given a big boost by this episode imo. One thing Tara has, which the other characters don't, is humour. She had some nice lines in this episode and I liked her telling Rachel she was her number one fan. A humourous character is needed on this show with Abraham gone and Eugene the past two seasons turning into an irritating crybaby.

I also enjoyed the final scene featuring Cyndie and the walkers where, for the first time in ages, the walkers actually felt like some sort of a threat. There was also a nice bit of suspense as we awaited finding out what happened to Heath - and I thought that was a nice touch with the walker that seemed to resemble him at the end, but wasn't him.

And so I found myself really liking this episode with a few minutes remaining and I was thinking this episode was about a 7-ish - but then they overreached themselves. That music at the end was atrocious - we have to lose that sax solo! And as noted we had Eugene blubbering away and then Tara processing the death of her love in, what, two minutes? Couldn't maybe save that for a future episode, or do we have more roller skating scenes with Carl and Enid to focus on?

Overall, though, I liked the episode. Last week I gave my first pass mark of the season and this week I'm giving my first honour mark: 6/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

"Shît sandwich."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

The writers need shooting at this stage. Really poor stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This may come as a surprise but not only did I like that episode, I actually thought it was the strongest of the season.

No, doesn't surprise me at all.

Advertisement