Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live 12 Months £24.99 - Amazon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

Was having some issues with Amazon event hough I changed my address etc. So just ordered through game.co.uk paid through PayPal as a guest and got my activation code straight away. Must have messed up the amazon order myself. Thanks very much to op for flagging this BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

webels wrote: »
    Was having some issues with Amazon event hough I changed my address etc. So just ordered through game.co.uk paid through PayPal as a guest and got my activation code straight away. Must have messed up the amazon order myself. Thanks very much to op for flagging this BA.

I also bypassed amazon for this, and used Game, as a guest. Haven't got my code yet though, instead I received an email from Game stating:

"We've received your order and will let you know when it's on its way.

Black Friday Orders - due to volumes of orders in this period, we expect deliveries to take between 3-10 days.

Some items may be despatched in separate parcels across multiple deliveries
    "

Edit. Also, thanks OP, will make a great xmas gift for my nephew, was struggling on what to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

I also bypassed amazon for this, and used Game, as a guest. Haven't got my code yet though, instead I received an email from Game stating:

"We've received your order and will let you know when it's on its way.

Black Friday Orders - due to volumes of orders in this period, we expect deliveries to take between 3-10 days.

Some items may be despatched in separate parcels across multiple deliveries
    "

Edit. Also, thanks OP, will make a great xmas gift for my nephew, was struggling on what to get him.
    Got my code as soon as PayPal went through a few minutes before the one you quotedo above. It was titled MyDownloads. Long shot check spam just in case Creeping Death.

Got my code as soon as PayPal went through a few minutes before the one you quotedo above. It was titled MyDownloads. Long shot check spam just in case Creeping Death.

Hi. Nope, nothing there unfortunately. I'll get on to them on chat I guess, maybe they can help.

Hi. Nope, nothing there unfortunately. I'll get on to them on chat I guess, maybe they can help.

Got on to the chat rep, he looked into it & said the order is fine, just that the system for sending out digital orders is running slow because of black Friday weekend.
    He's asking customers to be patient for 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

tinodz wrote: »
    No. You just change it for the code, and then change it back instantly. No harm done

The worst thing that could happen is you forget to change it back, order something else, and it ships it to the wrong country. This happened me once in the past - where a copy of Pokemon Y took a two week trip to America before somehow getting back to me with about 4 extra labels stuck on the package.

If you use Amazon Household to share content with others in your family beware of doing this country switch. It will remove you from the household and you cant get back into it for 180 days unless you get onto customer services to sort it out for you. i found this out the hard way yesterday :-)

Code arrived just now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

Also got the "high volumes" message and now my order is showing on the "cancelled" section of the orders. Is this expected?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

TheRover wrote: »
    Also got the "high volumes" message and now my order is showing on the "cancelled" section of the orders. Is this expected?

Just got that myself... :(

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just got that myself... :(

Chat was less than helpful, and I'm guessing it may have been because I changed my address to the parcel motel, but not my default address.

I'd like to try game.co.uk, but now I'm not sure if amazon has charged me for this botched purchase :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Cancelled here too :(

Just done it with game.co.uk, bought as guest, used paypal, no hassle.

But just before that I had a deal at xbox.com and got 1 month for 1 eur, so I'm covered for the next 13 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Hmm I might give it another go

Well the chat help was unhelpful!

Basically they admitted that there was an issue and I could order in a few days when it was fixed, but at a (Likely) increased price.. :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I have a spare unredemed code, happy to sell it for my cost price(as per credit card charge), pm if interested

I have a spare unredemed code, happy to sell it for my cost price(as per credit card charge), pm if interested

Cheers for the offer - went with Game in the end

Advertisement