Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 vs Doom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ì agree with everything you just said.

T2 has Nintendo vibes about it and there is nothing wrong with that.

I would go with T2 simply because it did a simple thing of being an FPS and changed it, and I bought it for the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Doom now.

BF1 in few months time for €20.

The core experience will still be there for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Doom is a good game admittedly but I think 'the best FPS game in 20 years' is radically OTT. In recent years you have titles like Wolfenstein, Fallout, Far Cry, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Borderlands, and much more besides to contend with....

If you're in any way inclined to play online, BF1 would hands down be my choice - I've 'only' put 40 hours into it so far and I feel like I've barely even got going with it and haven't touched the campaign yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Doom isn't even very...Doom like. It's an arena shooter akin to Serious Sam and Painkiller. It was fun and all but I haven't been bothered to go back to replay the single player which is a shame.

If you like your multiplayer games and have put time into Battlefield games in the past, then I'd have to suggest BF1.

Doom isn't even very...Doom like. It's an arena shooter akin to Serious Sam and Painkiller. It was fun and all but I haven't been bothered to go back to replay the single player which is a shame.

If you like your multiplayer games and have put time into Battlefield games in the past, then I'd have to suggest BF1.

What's classed as "Doom like"

• Advertisement

Yea, I feel people are looking at original Doom with rose-tinted eyeglasses. It was very much an arena-style shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'll throw in my tuppence.

I havent played doom yet, but picked it up last night in the sale, I cant see myself playing it for the multiplayer as it looks awful, but I've heard great things about the singleplayer.

conversely, I'd heard great things about Battlefield 1's single player, and after playing it myself, have concluded that it is absolutely terrible, It looks pretty but thats about the size of it, I'd actually go so far as to say that battlefield 4 had a better singleplayer. The mutiplayer though, is really really good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yea, I feel people are looking at original Doom with rose-tinted eyeglasses. It was very much an arena-style shooter.

While you can lay the claim that new doom is an arena shooter ( although I'd say it transcends t g at ) you can't call the original doom games arena shooters like serious sam or painkiller. The original games have very intricately designed levels and you are never locked into an area forced to kill all the enemies before you move to the next one. I still think the original doom games are excellent and there's really not b in else that comes close to playing like them.

Advertisement