Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel McKinnon wins Worlds gold at UCI masters track cycling

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

haley79 wrote: »
    fair play to rachel
    if women want to win medals they're going to have to up their game

Or their testosterone levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LeoD

I never realised people were so passionate about women's masters track cycling. The viewing figures for this type of event must be up there with the Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

LeoD wrote: »
    I never realised people were so passionate about women's masters track cycling. The viewing figures for this type of event must be up there with the Tour.

It's almost like some people are able to abstract and see the bigger picture that is at play here.

Personally I never realised so many of the boards.ie cycling community were so active in the trans-rights space, its weird as I never see you at any of the meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

MOD NOTE: This thread is about Rachel McKinnon and cycling related trans athlete issues.
    I suggest you go to a more general part of the site to discuss the issue in other sports.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

GreeBo wrote: »
    It's almost like some people are able to abstract and see the bigger picture that is at play here.

Personally I never realised so many of the boards.ie cycling community were so active in the trans-rights space, its weird as I never see you at any of the meetings.

You realise the site is anonymous right? That is why you won't know. Hence why I don't know if I never see you at any of these meetings, whichever meetings your on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Trying to make Trans women equal to non-trans women is always going to be near to impossible. At Worlds level any small percentage of advantage or disadvantage counts. And it’s even more complicated at Masters level, with diminishing levels of testosterone. And, of course, Trans women are never going to go through the menopause - how can you level that playing field.

Advertisement