Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beanz means banned as Heinz advert is canned for safety concerns

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

fizzypish wrote: »
    Ask anyone in a big multinational company, can you get a properly hot cup of coffee in the canteen anymore?

Yup. Have to let it cool for 20 minutes before even considering drinking from it. This is a bit silly though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

one of the most annoying ads of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How can any company listen to what 9 people say? Who cares what 9 people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Yup. Have to let it cool for 20 minutes before even considering drinking from it. This is a bit silly though

Skylinehead your lucky so. All it takes is 1 or 2 people burning themselves on hot coffee and going to HR instead of taking the "I got burned so I should learn from this pain and be more careful" POV. Next thing you know your canteen is serving tepid muck in tippy cups due to safety concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Proper order. It's a very bad example to set to children. I'd like to see more ads banned. There's an ad for Fairy Liquid where a child is waiting for weeks his father to finish using up the bottle so he can make a rocket out of it. While it's commendable that they're showing the father doing the washing up rather than the mother it raises other concerns. What if there's a miniscule amount of washing up liquid around the lid of the bottle? The poor child could be killed if he puts it anywhere near his mouth.

I'm fully behind the campaign to put a halt to the madness of the fairy liquid ad, but for a slightly different reason. The original space rocket fairy liquid advertisement appeared 30+ years ago, and do you know what the fairy liquid bottle looked like then? A flippin' space rocket!

402237.jpg

Nowadays, not so much.

292135011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=05393f0c8481ac3710fecc4fb109cccb

When will the madness end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

check_six wrote: »
    The original space rocket fairy liquid advertisement appeared 30+ years ago, and do you know what the fairy liquid bottle looked like then? A flippin' space rocket!

402237.jpg
    I used to fill those up with water and hunt wasps that were attracted to the overripe fruit I left out.

It was a club called 'Waspbusters', of which I was the founder and only member.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

How can any company listen to what 9 people say? Who cares what 9 people think.

to paraphrase Family Guy

"As you know, one call equals a billion people, which means 9 billion people were offended by this"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Heinz beans are Poxy anyway, so no harm done

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What kind of person complains about a Heinz beans advert??? It must be a tough life when that's all you have to worry over.
    That particular advert is very annoying though. I'd complain on completely ridiculous grounds to get it banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

wally79 wrote: »
    to paraphrase Family Guy

"As you know, one call equals a billion people, which means 9 billion people were offended by this"

haha yeah :pac:

You know what tho this is probably a blessing in disguise for Heinz. I am sure some people, somewhere would have cut their finger (let's be honest, even intentionally) and went "I was only copying what I saw on the tele! *derp* " and sued them :P Even if it was only for a few hundred quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Have to say I agree with the ban as someone could easily die as a result of a nasty cut or something.

In fact, a mate of my Dad's died back in the 80's cause of an advert. He was hoovering the stairs and he tripped over a Shake n Vac bottle which he'd dropped trying to copy the actress in the ad. Broke his neck the poor man.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

This whole "health and safety" bullcrap has gone too far. What's next - banning kitchen knives because they could cut you?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Hang on hang on ... 12 complaints is all it takes to cancel something now ??? any 11 others want to help me with Big brother ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

JupiterKid wrote: »
    This whole "health and safety" bullcrap has gone too far. What's next - banning kitchen knives because they could cut you?:rolleyes:

It keeps a lot of completely useless people employed. Idiots should never be saved form themselves, let nature take care of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

It keeps a lot of completely useless people employed.

They show people on TV using electricity don't they know electricity kills ? Has anyone had any training how to use a plug ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

They show people on TV using electricity don't they know electricity kills ? Has anyone had any training how to use a plug ?

240 volts of pure death. Have you made a call to complain? If you do make sure you are seated as many passionate health and safety advocates have lost their balance and fallen to their deaths while making calls to raise their concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Political correctness gone mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

uch wrote: »
    Heinz beans are Poxy anyway, so no harm done

ALL baked beans are poxy. Ban all baked beans and their ads and the people that complain about the ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

This is extraordinary and troubling. So stupid.

Will we get to the point that they wont be able to show someone cutting a carrot with a knife as it might encourage an accident or stabbing spree?

It feels like there is a social civil war across the western world,which is largely fought online. One group of people are crying about everything for the most part in a desperate attempt to fish for likes on facebook etc, and then the other side who are sick to death with all liberal tears for everything.

Its clearly one of the reasons people supported trump in the USA or at very least were not deterred by all the negative spin.

Social media has become a social cancer. From ice book challenges to "ive been tagged" ****e. It was clear the majority who posted their outrage about trump were secretly delighted he was saying controversial ****e as otherwise how could they express their outrage and get those sought after likes?

Now like ice bucket challenge, Gay referendum, israel, syria, and Trump having passed we instantly have the ****ing manican challenge and "ive been tagged" ****e.

It might seem im going off topic but i dont think i am as people who are complaining about an advert of people tapping a can are just an extension of the above disease.

Is there any avenue Heinz can appeal to regarding the decision of the advertising authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

240 volts of pure death. Have you made a call to complain? If you do make sure you are seated as many passionate health and safety advocates have lost their balance and fallen to their deaths while making calls to raise their concerns.

Volts don't kill you Amps do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Can those 9 viewers not complain about every single commercial and get them banned so i can stop wasting 30% of my time watching commercials?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

What kind of person complains about a Heinz beans advert??? It must be a tough life when that's all you have to worry over.

You know canis it is not really worrying about this.
    Its worrying about what is next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

HS3 wrote: »
    Best news I've ever heard!

Are you a Batchelor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I absolutely hated the ad anyway but it is silly.

Ban all car adverts, they're using professional drivers on closed roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You already can't have a car going fast in an advert

Advertisement