Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beanz means banned as Heinz advert is canned for safety concerns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

We've been full retard for a while unfortunately. Ask anyone in a big multinational company, can you get a properly hot cup of coffee in the canteen anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

What kind of person complains about a Heinz beans advert??? It must be a tough life when that's all you have to worry over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I was just on the way to post this OP .Its ridiculous, mind you so was the ad but banning it over safety and health ???

I am getting pea,d of with all this carry on. Now can anyone help in the safest way in tying my shoelaces, Don't want to injure or hurt myself or others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) noted that consumers were "unlikely to be as proficient as the actors" at flipping and twirling the can around.

Ban Yoyo's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I don't want to live on this planet anymore !

Can't even flick the bean without someone complaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Well if my kids fell for that kind of lame corporate joy ad campaign, the only H&S concern they'd have is me flaking a bean can at them.
    Myabe I'm better off not being a father...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

"Nine viewers complained that the advert encouraged "unsafe practice" and six believed it featured behaviour that could be dangerous for children to copy."

Is that fifteen people or just nine (six of which being doubly ridiculous) that need to find something better to do with their time?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Too late I've already lost a thumb...........

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did the "Nine viewers" work for Batchelors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Proper order. It's a very bad example to set to children. I'd like to see more ads banned. There's an ad for Fairy Liquid where a child is waiting for weeks his father to finish using up the bottle so he can make a rocket out of it. While it's commendable that they're showing the father doing the washing up rather than the mother it raises other concerns. What if there's a miniscule amount of washing up liquid around the lid of the bottle? The poor child could be killed if he puts it anywhere near his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The ad itself was particularly gimpy and I cringed every time I saw it - that being said I think this is way OTT and a sign that society has become a nanny state while at the same time remains the cutthroat and dangerous place I've always known it to be, strange one.....

The ad itself was particularly gimpy and I cringed every time I saw it - that being said I think this is way OTT and a sign that society has become a nanny state while at the same time remains the cutthroat and dangerous place I've always known it to be, strange one.....

So long as you don't use a can of beans to cut said throats, it's all grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Any reason that gets the ad off my screen is fine with me.

Any consumer that uploaded their own versions of the 'song' to social media should be sterilised.

If people are so concerned about something like this that they feel the need to complain then they should have no concerns over their names and partial addresses being published.

Everyone should have a right to privacy.

These people should be able to make their stupid complaints without getting dragged on social media, and the ASA or whoever should be able to write back, privately, telling them where to stick their nonsense.

This "let's name and shame" approach to life is only marginally better than the "let's complain and whine" school of thought, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This is why Donald Trump got in. #BUILDTHEWALL

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

It's about time people grow up and stop being offended.

I blame the lefties......

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Ban Yoyo's!

What kind of person complains about a Heinz beans advert??? It must be a tough life when that's all you have to worry over.
    Nine viewers complained that the advert encouraged "unsafe practice" and six believed it featured behaviour that could be dangerous for children to copy.

What the actual f%$k? Whatever about the 9 special souls who thought drumming on a baked bean can was an unsafe practice, I'm more concerned about who is listening to those sorts of complaints and taking them on board. A grand total of 15 people complained about the ad so it gets banned?

It wasnt my favourite ad by any stretch but this is just bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It's official, we've just gone full retard!
    We haven't, the Brits have.

The Indo conveniently forgets to specify that this was banned by the ASA in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's official, we've just gone full retard!

Beanz means banned as Heinz advert is canned for safety concerns http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/beanz-means-banned-as-heinz-advert-is-canned-for-safety-concerns-35237964.html

that is sad

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

El Weirdo wrote: »
    We haven't, the Brits have.

The Indo conveniently forgets to specify that this was banned by the ASA in the UK.

Stirring up xenophobia is all good

Using a tin can for percussion all bad

Strange world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

lawred2 wrote: »
    Stirring up xenophobia is all good

Using a tin can for percussion all bad

Strange world

Can't read xenophobia without thinking xenomorp. Don't stir those ****ers up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Someone working for Bachelors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

There's no thanks button on the OP's post but it's there for all the other posts. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭blackwhite

gramar wrote: »
    There's no thanks button on the OP's post but it's there for all the other posts. Odd.

That's because you've already thanked it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

gramar wrote: »

Because you've thanked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

blackwhite wrote: »
    That's because you've already thanked it!
    Because you've thanked it.

So I have! Screen went a bit twilight zone there. Looks like the Ad Safety Authority is not the only thing to go full retard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Best news I've ever heard!

Advertisement