Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bewley's Trim 10 Mile Road Race 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

JMSE wrote: »
    Fell in with the 7 minute pacer (the 2nd one) and got home under 70, he really did a top job, had his homework done and knew the route down to fine detail.
    Glad I could help in some way getting you in under the 70mins. Some great efforts by a few runners in the last couple of miles to keep the pace and dip under the 70 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 charloda

Great job Q7 was hoping for 72mins got in under 70 your knowledge and support was brilliant thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Did anyone else's number not arrive in the post? Luckily somebody was able to sort it for me the day before so had no hassles on the morning. The flip side is I paid for postage (and a t-shirt as I entered well before the cutoff) and didn't get either!

On another note, the start needs to be looked at. That left hand turn after 50 metres is bonkers. Runners should be corralled in the business park and walked out to an alternative start slightly down the road (it's closed to traffic anyway).

Aside from the rant above, it's a good race and I'd definitely do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Missed out due to injury but heard great reports from running work colleagues and clubmates. The mother nabbed an O60 county gold medal and was very pleased with herself. Closest thing I have to that is a division 2 football under 12s county medal from the mid nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Neera

I paid for postage too and my number/t-shirt didn't arrive either. I was able to get a friend to pick my number up on Saturday to save me a trip and I picked up a t-shirt after the race on Sunday.

Having said that got home to find my race number and t-shirt had arrived in the post yesterday! Typical!

Great race though - really enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Did anyone else's number not arrive in the post? Luckily somebody was able to sort it for me the day before so had no hassles on the morning. The flip side is I paid for postage (and a t-shirt as I entered well before the cutoff) and didn't get either!

On another note, the start needs to be looked at. That left hand turn after 50 metres is bonkers. Runners should be corralled in the business park and walked out to an alternative start slightly down the road (it's closed to traffic anyway).

Aside from the rant above, it's a good race and I'd definitely do it again.

PM'ed you re. the t-shirts.
    Missed out due to injury but heard great reports from running work colleagues and clubmates. The mother nabbed an O60 county gold medal and was very pleased with herself. Closest thing I have to that is a division 2 football under 12s county medal from the mid nineties.

Great news, congrats to her!
    Neera wrote: »
    I paid for postage too and my number/t-shirt didn't arrive either. I was able to get a friend to pick my number up on Saturday to save me a trip and I picked up a t-shirt after the race on Sunday.

Having said that got home to find my race number and t-shirt had arrived in the post yesterday! Typical!

Great race though - really enjoyed it!

Glad you got sorted, we tried very hard to sort everyone out as best we could but were up against a postal service that takes 1 week to deliver national post. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Neera

Gotta love our national postal service! My extra t-shirt hasn't gone to waste though - I've given it to a friend who registered too late for the t-shirts so its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

A great race, first time doing it and I'll be back. I just don't like water in cups, I'm a straight up the nostril kind of guy when running with a cup, hopefully next year it'll be a small bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

The water in the cups was my only issue too. I hate them. Other than that it was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

all of those things and where was the wag with the prodigy ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

It was my second year running the race, well organised, perfect conditions, unfortunately i didn't get a shirt .... but i'll remember to book early next year. I couldn't see where the pacer's were, perhaps a balloon would make them easier to spot than a t-shirt.

Advertisement