Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bewley's Trim 10 Mile Road Race 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

tang1 wrote: »
    Well over 1,000 entered so far, hopefully current weather will hold for few weeks more.

If I enter today do I get a t shirt??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

There are S, L and XL shirts still available as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

can anyone advise the distance from oaktree business park start line to Trim castle finish?

logistically,its better to park at the finish and jog to the start
    ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

charkee wrote: »
    can anyone advise the distance from oaktree business park start line to Trim castle finish?

logistically,its better to park at the finish and jog to the start
    ??

The hoped new finish never got the ok in the end, council issues I believe. I am to blame for stating it was to finish outside Trim castle before it was official. It finishes at Oaktree Business park this year once more as the two previous years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

** BEWLEY'S TRIM 10 MILE ROAD RACE - PLACES RUNNING OUT **

Due to a huge increase in online entrants this year over previous years, limited places remain for the Bewley's Trim 10 mile on Sunday, Feb 5th. If you intend doing the race but haven't yet registered, please register soon to avoid disappointment.

Keep an eye on this page for further news. Looking forward to seeing you on Feb 5th for a great race!

Online registration is available here:
    https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/TrimAC10mileroadrace

• Advertisement

Prediction time:

tang1 - 63.xx

Shoot for the stars & all that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Am in. Hoping for 1.12 but will settle for 1.10 :D , just reg'd online there and the only shirts left are XL, swopshop anyone? Maybe a boil wash....

BEWLEY'S TRIM 10 MILE RACE INFORMATION

Today is the last day to register AND have your number posted out. Online registration without postage will be available until next Friday. Anyone who registers with the postage option will have their number/shirt sent out next week.

Note that due to the huge increase in entrants, we will NOT have on-the-weekend registration available. All entrants must register online. Race number/shirt collection will be available on Saturday (10am to 7pm) from Spun Cycles & Spun Run, Emmet Street, Trim and on race day from NG Performance & Rehabilitation Gym, Oaktree Business Park, Trim (Race HQ - right beside the finish line in Oaktree and only a couple of hundred metres from the start area) from 9.30am to 11.30am.

Race information has been emailed out to everyone registered so far. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and the race page on the club website for the latest news

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AlanPat

I assume running buggies are allowed? Aware that Dublin race series doesn't allow buggies.

AlanPat wrote: »
    I assume running buggies are allowed? Aware that Dublin race series doesn't allow buggies.

I doubt it, the roads won't be fully closed and sections of the route wouldn't be the best surface wise for running and pushing a buggy.

• Advertisement

BEWLEY'S TRIM 10 MILE RACE INFORMATION

Online registration closes this Friday at 6pm. Please note that we will not have on-the-weekend registration, all entries must be online before Friday at 6pm.

Race number/shirt collection will be available on Saturday (10am to 7pm) from Spun Cycles & Spun Run, Emmet Street, Trim and on race day from NG Performance & Rehabilitation Gym, Oaktree Business Park, Trim (Race HQ - right beside the finish line in Oaktree and only a couple of hundred metres from the start area) from 9.30am to 11.30am.

See below for a time-lapse video of the 10 mile route:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Great video :) brings back memories of last year - super race, very jealous of everyone running on Sunday, best of luck!

BEWLEY'S TRIM 10 MILE - REGISTRATION CLOSING TODAY

Online registration closes at 6pm today. Note that this is the last chance to register for the race as there will be no on-the-weekend registration available.
    Race number/shirt pickup is available tomorrow (Saturday) from 10am to 7pm at Spun Cycles & Spun Run, Emmet Street, Trim and before the race from 9.30am to 11.30am at Race HQ (NG Performance & Rehabilitation Gym, Oaktree Business Park, Trim).

All race details here (including maps):
    http://www.trimac.ie/trim_10_race_info

Registration link:
    https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/TrimAC10mileroadrace

Weather looking good for the day, cold but dry - so wrap up and have a great day running! Looking forward to seeing you all on the day!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Does this kick off at 12? Might spin out on the bike to watch. 12 coincides with a massive football match though. :)

Does this kick off at 12? Might spin out on the bike to watch. 12 coincides with a massive football match though. :)

Yip, 12pm start. Thought Dubs were on later in the afternoon!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Could anybody recommend somewhere to park? Never been to Trim before in my life so advice would help!

Could anybody recommend somewhere to park? Never been to Trim before in my life so advice would help!

Details of parking are outlined a few posts above. There is a public car park on the Athboy Rd roughly quarter of a mile from start/finish line, this could fill up fast with the numbers that are expected though.

I parked in the town last year. I got there fairly early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Saw a lad with a Leeds tattoo today and funnily thought of you. Are they still playing the football?:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    Saw a lad with a Leeds tattoo today and funnily thought of you. Are they still playing the football?:D

Not sure you could call it football. :)

• Advertisement

Ideal racing weather in Trim this morning, cool & crisp with zero wind to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

tang1 wrote: »
    Ideal racing weather in Trim this morning, cool & crisp with zero wind to speak of.

Well done Trim Ac on a faultless event, organisers and co take a bow.
    Fell in with the 7 minute pacer (the 2nd one) and got home under 70, he really did a top job, had his homework done and knew the route down to fine detail.

Great spread put on in the hall after, enjoyed the chat. And the weather..... you've got some pull Trim, 3 years out of 3 all fine days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Nice running by the old KC lad I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Just seen results... Some great running by you guys, well done ☺

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Just seen results... Some great running by you guys, well done ☺

Do you have a link please?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Great day for the race, really well organised. Great numbers for what is the 3rd year running. Found the course tough with its hills, especially around the 6 mile mark.
    Finished 1:32:26, I'll be back next year with the little one to break 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

Jaysus that Latvian lad has been busy lately, won the bhaa XC race a couple of weeks ago, 5th in raheny last week and 1st in trim today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

First time doing this and loved it, as has been said well organized and very nice course. It does help when you get a pb. Love the t shirt and that's not something that normally motivates me about a race, more races should have long sleeve t shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Challenging course but enjoyable. Could have done with either another water station or a better organised first one, the second one seemed better organised

Advertisement