Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UE Boom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

mrcheez wrote: »
    Actually could you let me know how the stereo works with these when paired together pls?

Are the left and right channels separated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvJoYnpeRQ
    Yes when set to stereo left and right separated. That's how I've mine set up. Good sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Feck, went off and bought a second Boom now, these deals need to end soon, credit card is getting murdered! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I ordered a black one but received this. Very disappointing! Wrong colour, no box or accessories and it looks very different to pictures of other ones I've seen

Does this seem like a genuine one to others as i cannot find a matching official picture of one like this?

juOcgEX.jpg

ijgIRKy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

zarquon wrote: »
    I ordered a black one but received this. Very disappointing! Wrong colour, no box or accessories and it looks very different to pictures of other ones I've seen

Does this seem like a genuine one to others as i cannot find a matching official picture of one like this?

http://imgur.com/a/FG9NN

FG9NN

You do know that's the packaging yeah? And the speaker and accessories are inside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Piss take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Soarer wrote: »
    You do know that's the packaging yeah? And the speaker and accessories are inside it?

https://goo.gl/images/t8sRP3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I ordered a black one but received this. Very disappointing! Wrong colour

Looks black to me in the pics?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sorry lads, didnt physically see it yet. Thats a pic of the item sent to me by the person who picked it up.They didnt open the wrapper because they didnt buy it.

Never had one before so never considered that could be packaging. Got it for 70 euro so was half expecting something to be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Sorry lads, didnt physically see it yet. Thats a pic of the item sent to me by the person who picked it up.They didnt open the wrapper because they didnt buy it.

Never had one before so never considered that could be packaging. Got it for 70 euro so was half expecting something to be wrong

That's not a black one! I'll give you 60euro for it to save you sending back. Will go nicely with my not black one received day ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

So you thought it was white? lol

• Advertisement

Racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Racist!

Down with the PC brigade :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

You can get the echo dot and ue boom 2 as a package for £109, may be old news but said I would say it anyway

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSRBOKJ/ref=gw_biscuit_CM16?pf_rd_r=4PXJ6KXQ2KXJN9JF5AV9&pf_rd_p=9b7a0902-1c6d-4e84-aeb0-4c4e6c7bfff0&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

You can get the echo dot and ue boom 2 as a package for £109, may be old news but said I would say it anyway

Link?

fourinarow wrote: »
    Link?

Sorry edited my comment now link attached

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSRBOKJ/ref=gw_biscuit_CM16?pf_rd_r=4PXJ6KXQ2KXJN9JF5AV9&pf_rd_p=9b7a0902-1c6d-4e84-aeb0-4c4e6c7bfff0&th=1

£120 now

degsie wrote: »
    £120 now

Jasus just aswell I ordered it last night before I went to sleep. I was torn between the full echo or the echo dot and the boom, hope i've made the right choice

Jasus just aswell I ordered it last night before I went to sleep. I was torn between the full echo or the echo dot and the boom, hope i've made the right choice
    I was torn between the same choice, I dithered and lost out! I reckon you've made the right choice ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

You made the right choice.

I find the Dot needs to be in a position where its best to pick up voice commands, whereas the speaker needs to be in the best position for your sound in the room.

With the Echo you cannot separate both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got a boom2 for £66 used-like new :)

givecredit wrote: »
    You made the right choice.

I find the Dot needs to be in a position where its best to pick up voice commands, whereas the speaker needs to be in the best position for your sound in the room.

With the Echo you cannot separate both.

Yeah glad I went with the boom now, being able to use the speaker in the garden during the summer sold it for me.

I just pulled the trigger 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

UE Boom or JBL flip 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tonic wine wrote: »
    UE Boom or JBL flip 3?

I have the JBL Charge 3 which is supposed to equal or better the UE Boom 2, but I don't think the Flip is up to the level of either based on the reviews I saw.

Megaboom arrived this morning, with the expected delivery date of next Tuesday!

Probably gets away with the "as new" tag. Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of hook thing that should've come with it so you can hang it from something. Can't put my hand on it though.

For £99, I'm delighted.

Megaboom arrived this morning, with the expected delivery date of next Tuesday!

Probably gets away with the "as new" tag. Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of hook thing that should've come with it so you can hang it from something. Can't put my hand on it though.

For £99, I'm delighted.

Yes, I got 2 of the Blue Megaboom last week at the £99 mark. They arrived on wednesday with amazon prime. Serious sound. Make sure to upgrade the firmware in speakers via the megaboom app on your smart phone.

Enjoy!

Just contacted customer service there and they're giving me a 10% refund because the little hook thing that I was never gonna use, was missing!

So £90 all in. Chuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Splashed out a got the JBL Xtreme and my god, the sound!!! Well worth the extra cash if you've got it

Advertisement