Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off Amazon warehouse deals Europe (open box and pre-owned)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Looking for a tv, would these be Saorview ready if buying from UK? I know they say Freeview but dont Ireland transmit on different frequency?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got a De'Longhi Esam4000.b Magnifica Bean to Cup Coffee Machine Black one for 155 pounds today on the warehouse crazy deal if you ask me cant wait to try it out.

wow, best price is £192 now, what condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I got a De'Longhi Esam4000.b Magnifica Bean to Cup Coffee Machine Black one for 155 pounds today on the warehouse crazy deal if you ask me cant wait to try it out.

You did extremely well! Have mine a good few years now, used daily. It has made thousands of coffees and is still perfect. Enjoy :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just a word of caution on the Warehouse deals...this from their website:

Do products come with a warranty?
    No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s satisfaction guarantee.

Are all purchases guaranteed?
    All of our products are backed by Amazon's satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with the product for any reason, you can return the item in accordance with Amazon's Returns Policy.

Due to the unique nature of each Amazon Warehouse Deals item, we unfortunately will be unable to replace any item.

I have bought Warehouse stock from them myself, and it has been perfect. I don't know what they would do if it broke 6 months down the road, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

whiterebel wrote: »

No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s satisfaction guarantee.

All of our products are backed by Amazon's satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with the product for any reason, you can return the item in accordance with Amazon's Returns Policy.

Due to the unique nature of each Amazon Warehouse Deals item, we unfortunately will be unable to replace any item.

I have bought Warehouse stock from them myself, and it has been perfect. I don't know what they would do if it broke 6 months down the road, though.

Don't think they are standing over it, but the manufacturer would have to for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Warehouse deals are great but i personally stay away from HAPPY FRIDAY deals i wait till after Xmas for large items esp TVs. People overspend change there mind take note of the TVs or whatever you want large items look at the prices especially the discounts.
    After Xmas Amazon is overloaded with returned items some without original boxes but perfectly functional these are the real bargains even with the 20 percent discount at the moment, after Xmas there is so much choice and the prices are far lower. Just my two cents have a nice and peaceful one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

whiterebel wrote: »

You don't need any manufacturer's warranty, your contract is with Amazon not the manufacturer, the manufacturer warranty is irrelevant, why does this come up time after time, Amazon customer service is excellent, I've often contacted them after manufacturer warranty and they always look after their customer.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

slave1 wrote: »
    You don't need any manufacturer's warranty, your contract is with Amazon not the manufacturer, the manufacturer warranty is irrelevant, why does this come up time after time, Amazon customer service is excellent, I've often contacted them after manufacturer warranty and they always look after their customer.

You're forgetting the return policy for Amazon Warehouse deals is 30 days.

Once that is up youre bound to the manufacturers warranty.

When you say you have contacted them after the warranty was it items from Amazon or from the Warehouse?

I'd love to be proved wrong, but for now I'll be cautious when it comes to warehouse deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Doge wrote:
    You're forgetting the return policy for Amazon Warehouse deals is 30 days.

That's just for change of mind, you have a one year warranty aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

sweetie wrote: »
    That's just for change of mind, you have a one year warranty aswell

They're very vague about it on the Warehouse deals page, but I see now that people on hotukdeals got a response from amazon staff, and indeed they said they're covered by a 1 year warranty.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/amazon-warehouse-warranty-30-days-1-year-1625436

Consider me wrong and put a bit more at ease!

I still wouldnt be spending a good bit on something high value like a TV though, when the likes of Sony do a 5 year warranty in stores. Everything else would be fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

As i rarely get involved here i have to.

Shops are continuing to mislead customers over their legal obligation to repair or replace faulty goods for up to six years after purchase, research suggests.

Staff will routinely misinform customers of this six-year warranty right, limited to five years in Scotland, which is guaranteed under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act.

Online marketplace Amazon and High Street retailers Currys, Argos, Richer Sounds and John Lewis were found to give misleading information by "mystery shoppers" sent by consumer group Which?.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11296784/Shops-accused-of-denying-six-year-warranty-right.html

No such thing as 6 years, that is not Irish legislation, head over to the Consumer rights website, in Ireland the period is undefined and is stronger for the consumer. Also check out the small claims court, one mention of it and most companies crumble, I took Dell to the SCC a few years back and they caved once they found out, Lidl tried to fob me off on a 4 year old PC until I took the shop managers name and politely told him I was taking a SCC case against them, 5 minutes later I walked out with a full cash refund.
    Know your rights and politely exercise them.
    The SCC is the best thing for Irish consumers.

Just want to mention that Amazon has excellent customer service in my experience, surprised to see Richer Sounds there too, I've been buying off Richer Sounds since the late 80's and find them near faultless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

So anyone spotted any good second hand deals from the warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

cronos wrote: »
    So anyone spotted any good second hand deals from the warehouse?

Don't be taking the thread off topic. Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

I bought a pair of Beats Solo 2 headphones which worked out at just under €100 which is around half the price they are in shops here.

The condition is described as very good and under further details it said the box was open and the packaging slightly damaged.

I reckon if I'm not happy with their condition I can just send them back for a refund.

Don't be taking the thread off topic. Reported.

Nice joke ;)

nc6000 wrote: »
    I bought a pair of Beats Solo 2 headphones which worked out at just under €100 which is around half the price they are in shops here.

The condition is described as very good and under further details it said the box was open and the packaging slightly damaged.

I reckon if I'm not happy with their condition I can just send them back for a refund.

I bought a pair of these for around 60 euro yesterday https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CYL90J4/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item hoping they turn out good. Reviews seem positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Is warehouse stuff all 'fulfilled by amazon' , and is it free delivery?

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Is warehouse stuff all 'fulfilled by amazon' , and is it free delivery?

Yes and Yes I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

cronos wrote: »
    Yes and Yes I believe

No and no on some sites like amazon.es

garbeth wrote: »
    No and no on some sites like amazon.es

Interesting I was going from my experience on the .co.uk site. But I've not used it extensively... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Amazon.co.uk shipping is free over £25 for warehouse stuff and if it's warehouse it's fulfilled by amazon.

For Amazon.de, .fr and .it you have to pay shipping.

Amazon.es warehouse does not seem to ship to Ireland or UK at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

This
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 8GB WiFi white
    looks like a good deal to me - £130 from warehouse so minus 20% would work out at roughly €120. I know it's an older model than the 10.1" one in the other thread but I'm looking for something for a child for games/videos so I think this is a good deal - any views?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    This
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 8GB WiFi white
    looks like a good deal to me - £130 from warehouse so minus 20% would work out at roughly €120. I know it's an older model than the 10.1" one in the other thread but I'm looking for something for a child for games/videos so I think this is a good deal - any views?

€209 in Currys. I know I saw these in Tesco, but I can't remember how much they were going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Bought a Moto G 4th Gen 16gb phone for 125 - its 180 in Argos at the moment

Box on phone is damaged but no scratches etc on phone - sure will see how it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Would appreciate if everyone who has posted about buying so far would post back about how happy they were with what they received vs description..

I've never used the Warehouse, but would be inclined to if the feedback is positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

UsedToWait wrote: »
    ^ Would appreciate if everyone who has posted about buying so far would post back about how happy they were with what they received vs description..

I've never used the Warehouse, but would be inclined to if the feedback is positive..

Getting an S6 I ordered today in like new condition so I will give some feedback later when I open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Received a Optoma HD141X projector yesterday described as - Very Good

I cant remember the full description - but it was something like - item in original packaging, light cosmetic scratches.

So, the box was opened, the projector had 11.5 hours of use as I checked the lamp usage. Regarding cosmetic damage, there is tiny light scratches on the casing but you would have to look extremely close to notice these.
    Everything was in the box - manual, cd manual, power cord, remote and fresh 2 pack of batteries.

So item was exactly as described.

I bought for £301.75, a new one was £449 at the time, so I am over the moon with what I got.

• Advertisement

I've bought rakes of stuff in the past, in my experience they tend to be slightly better than described and never worse than what you think, the 30day free return gives great comfort.

Advertisement