Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off Amazon warehouse deals Europe (open box and pre-owned)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nope, on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Just off the chat with Amazon, asked about another item on their Warehouse list (Canon 200D with the 18-55mm STM lens) that wasn't marked as 20% off.

Got promised a 20% refund after my order dispatches so delighted with this.

The camera was used, in very good condition, 519 sterling, that's about 590 euro (roughly) minus the 20%.

Lesson from this - ASK AND THOU SHALL RECEIVE!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Had an item in the basket for a couple of hours, went to pull the trigger, the 20% discount that was there ain't no more. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Had an item in the basket for a couple of hours, went to pull the trigger, the 20% discount that was there ain't no more. :-(

Ask on the chat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Go back to the warehouse deals to check if discount is there maybe none left in stock, if it's remove it from the basket, re-add it again, the discount should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

20% discount gone for me now too even though I could see it earlier on items on the checkout screen. Too bad, if it pops up again bullets will need some biting.

Edit* I found this link this that seems to work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?node=8873235031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&&linkCode=ll2&tag=eurgam-jdpost-21&linkId=d4b2a1d2ba6ce27fbdfa59c44be2bbe2

But the items I had viewed previously aren't available, possibly sold or maybe Amazon did a cull of the items in the promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Jumped on this earlier today, lucky I did as the item I bought no longer shows the 20% discount. Saved £50 v new price, cheers op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

If the discount is no longer showing go to chat and they will manually apply it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    What chair did you get and is it what you expected?
    Chair recieved and assembled today... whoever returned it had various screws / washers / bolts in individual baggies detailing expected number of parts (from manual) and actual number of parts (as below):

IMG_20180320_153222.jpg

Turns out he/she just mixed a lot of various 15mm, 20mm washers and screws incorrectly together and everything was there albeit it different bags!

As good as new.. a bargain for under €40..

IMG_20180320_182854.jpg

I'd like to think it wouldn't have been reduced given the latest sale.. yeah, I'm going with it! :D

EDIT: They've 1 in stock here - as "like new" - not quite as low as I paid (as mine was only indicated as "good", as below), but might be worth chancing your arm to get 20% off: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B06Y4CQS2W/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Screen_Shot_2018-03-20_at_18.35.14.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

I bought a LG TV (like new cond.)for €300 with the 20% discount

Retails for £350 new

I wouldn't spend much more on an item esp. a TV from the warehouse.

Think the warranty is only 12 months compared to 6 years from richersounds

• Advertisement

Its usually safer to buy and then cancel to be sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Just beware that Amazon, for some bizarre reason don't offer pre-paid returns on Warehouse Deals if it's not as described, defective or wrong.

If there's a problem due to their error they'll expect you to ship it back to them at your own expense and send them the postage receipt for reimbursement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Apt8 wrote:
    If there's a problem due to their error they'll expect you to ship it back to them at your own expense and send them the postage receipt for reimbursement.

Apt8 wrote:
    Just beware that Amazon, for some bizarre reason don't offer pre-paid returns on Warehouse Deals if it's not as described, defective or wrong.

Its applicable to all the items and normal orders..they give prepaid labels only for big items nowadays like TV...

Its applicable to all the items and normal orders..they give prepaid labels only for big items nowadays like TV...

Must be a new thing

Not that long since I printed a few labels for small returns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

muckbrien wrote:
    Must be a new thing

Yeah they started this few months back....too many returns from Ireland i guess !!

Yeah they started this few months back....too many returns from Ireland i guess !!

A year and a half ago I believe.

A year and a half ago I believe.

Just checked my orders

I returned a small item using a prepaid printed label on 20th Nov 2017

muckbrien wrote: »
    Just checked my orders

I returned a small item using a prepaid printed label on 20th Nov 2017

You were an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Just on to chat, who wouldn't apply a 20% discount to an item I was going to buy from their warehouse deals. Considering it was a TV for £300 I thought they would. Oh well...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I printed off an An Post prepaid label last night for the Harmony Ultimate I’m not happy with so they do still use them...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

trixiebust wrote: »
    Just on to chat, who wouldn't apply a 20% discount to an item I was going to buy from their warehouse deals. Considering it was a TV for £300 I thought they would. Oh well...

i'd the same issue yesterday with a tp link powerline adapter set. Might try again today.

trixiebust wrote: »

What TV was it out of interest?

I was looking at a few but bought the lg43" 630

Tbh you'd want the 20% discount to make it worthwhile as they charge nearly full whack for Warehouse TV's and you can get the 6yr collect/return warranty off richersounds buying new.

slave1 wrote: »
    I printed off an An Post prepaid label last night for the Harmony Ultimate I’m not happy with so they do still use them...

Wonder would it have anything to do with the number of returns you're making.

I had to return my a few small items( late last year) for the first time and got all prepaid labels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Apt8 wrote: »

I had a load of hassle with them about a month ago with a pressure washer I bought from the Warehouse. The person I was chatting with seemed to be very confused. Eventually it turned out there was 2 options.
    1) print out the preprinted labels and bring the item to the post office yourself for return (difficult due to the size and weight)
    2) If you wanted someone to collect the items they sent me a link to a 3rd party company. If I wanted I could book in a collection, pay for it myself and then get reimbursed from Amazon later (looked way too complicated)
    Eventually after 90 minutes of failure to communicate they gave me 50% refund of the purchase cost which I was happy enough with.

The basic problem was that since the item was large and heavy and since it was not packed up in the way that it was when it left the factory (missing cardboard inserts and so on) the item had become badly damaged during transit.

I would say you should be aware that bad packaging (leading to damage in transit) could always be a potential problem with any large or heavy items you buy from the Warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I know not all products are eligible, but as some people seem to be having luck getting on to Amazon support after buying, what's the likelihood of getting the 20% off a Kindle Fire HD tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I know not all products are eligible, but as some people seem to be having luck getting on to Amazon support after buying, what's the likelihood of getting the 20% off a Kindle Fire HD tablet?

i tried twice and they wouldn't knock it off my item. no harm trying though

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Wonder would it have anything to do with the number of returns you're making.

I had to return my a few small items( late last year) for the first time and got all prepaid labels

Depends on the reason you chose for the return, absolutely nothing to do with the size of the item. I returned 3 things last week of different weight and sizes and all of them with a prepaid label through anpost
    on one I chose "dont need it anymore" as the reason and when i got to the next page it said i needed to send a copy of the shipping receipt for a refund. clicked "back" on the browser, chose the reason to "package took arrived late" (or something like that, which was also true btw) and bang, got the prepaid label. no further questions asked

What's the story if a warehouse item arrives damaged now and needs returning.

Have you lost out on the 20% sale discount or will they recompense some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭ForestFire

What's the story if a warehouse item arrives damaged now and needs returning.

Have you lost out on the 20% sale discount or will they recompense some way?

They may offer a further discount to keep product as you received it.
    Next option maybe a similar warehouse deal part, if available?

Otherwise I guess its ship it back (Prepaid or not:)) and get a full refund.

I don't think you will get a brand new part as replacement.

• Advertisement

ForestFire wrote: »
    They may offer a further discount to keep product as you received it.
    Next option maybe a similar warehouse deal part, if available?

Otherwise I guess its ship it back (Prepaid or not:)) and get a full refund.

I don't think you will get a brand new part as replacement.

Thanks
    It's a TV so no good if there's damage

Quite a few horror stories about broken TV's from Amazon

Advertisement