Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm terrified to get out of bed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Up at 8.30am and working away preparing for meetings and workshops during the week. Just started a new job mid project so miles behind the curve.

Must say though I love the feeling of a productive Sunday. I've wasted so many and will continue to waste so many being hungover to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

gman2k wrote: »
    Oh, we used to dream of livin’ in a criminally insulated bedroom! Would have been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

Hah, the criminal luxury of a Council Tip...we used to dream of such comfort when we lived in a pothole on the mullingar / dublin road back in the '50s.
    Always promised rotting fish for Christmas dinner but Santa never delivered.
    Ye were soooo lucky...water-tank indeed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Twas a cold April night in '83. A young Pablo was bursting for a piss. He didn't particularly want to take the icy walk from the bedroom to the jacks, but he had to do something. Then he remembered. Wasn't the family moving to a new house the very next day. His mind started working, and moments later he came up with a solution. He hopped out of bed and had a slash in behind a chest of drawers, allowing the dark floral print carpet soak up the urine.

"Someone else's problem now", he sniggered as he slipped back into his warm leaba.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Do what I've done and take your duvet to the couch :) I also have a hot water bottle. I'm as snug as a bug in a rug (duvet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Hammer89 wrote: »
    It's not because there's a monster in this very poorly insulated bedroom. It's not because it's the afternoon and my dog has almost certainly already done a sh*t somewhere in the house. It's not because I'm depressed. And it's not because I'm lazy. It's because as soon as I get out from underneath this duvet, the cold is going to get me and I don't think I can handle it at the moment. My bedroom is criminally insulated, to the point where I might as well just sleep outside.

I'm in a t-shirt and boxers because oddly it feels much colder now than it was last night. By the time I get up and get into warm clothes it'll be too late. I imagine this is what standing on a landmine feels like. Actually, it's worse because landmines blow you to bits as soon as you step off it, but I'll be fully conscious to endure this chill when it hits me. And who's to say I can walk? My bare feet were exposed all morning, and when I walk they might break off like that bit in Terminator 2. And then what? I'd be a helpless mess on the ground being engulfed by cold weather. I can't invite one of my housemates in because there's toilet paper on the other side of the room and I don't want him or her to think it was used for **** purposes.

I mean, a rock and a hard place just doesn't do this scenario justice.

My central heating is gone. Packed up earlier in the year. Fixed the problem or so we thought but boiler didn't work after repairs. There's a plumber in the family along with a builder who's been giving us the run around since August. 'He'll be up next week' was often said to us and it will come and go with a no show.

I have the details of a new plumber. I would like to go down this route and get the different plumber but my mam doesn't know what to do. She's still holding out for these other fcuks.

It is so so cold inside and outside. It's warmer outside. 8pm last night, with layers and cap on, I running around the back yard to warm up.

I'm now suffering with severe stomach cramps and I think it's brought on by the cold. I looked pregnant with a hot water bottle down my jacket this evening. I was in my kitchen. I collapsed this evening in the kitchen. I don't know what that's all about. If it's related to the cold.

The builder is my father. Mam and dad are long separated. He was no angel when I was growing up. He was a drunken, violent cúnt towards my mam. All these year's later they get on reasonably well. They are friendly towards each other anyways. Sometime last year I was asked how I get on with him and the partner. I told the truth that I don't see him often but when we do it's friendly. I also said what ever happened all them years ago is in the past and over and there's no point holding onto to that.

Well, I take it all back now. No fcuking way. That cnut of a father never paid maintenance, probably trying to punish my mam. That's and so much more. He very very rarely helped us. We made the best of a bad situation though. Grew up in borderline poverty.

It's a clear as daylight that is b@stard son was his favourite and we were nothing to him.

I can't think of any other reason for my dad to tell me a few times since August that the uncle/plumber will be up, except for control. Still trying to control mam all these years later.

Before anyone asks, why did we go to him, we didn't. I had family home from Australia and he came up to visit them. Showing off as well pretending how great he is. We happened to mention the problem to him and he said they'll be up next we. Met him a few times since, mainly whenever I'm walking by the pub and he's at the door. Stop to say hello and before I'd say anything he'll say 'he'll be up next week'. And it's just a big fat fcuking lie.

I never want to see or hear from him ever again for what's he's doing.

His dirty wh0re if an ex partner ran back to her ex husbands arms. Sill fool he is. What's happening now is that my father doesn't have any woman in his life to control.

Pitiful pr1ck he is. He can't even read or write and there will be some home truths going his way very very soon.

I was in tears last night and absolutely fcuking raging on my own. It's only a matter if time before I dish it out to him.

He's a dirty fcuking piece of scum. It took my brothers a long time to see it but they see it now. I believe one of them already had a few things to say to him and he couldn't take it. Started crying and apologising but it's so so cheep from him.

Cnut, cnut, cnut, cnut, cnut and so much more is all he is.

I know it late now op. Well past 2 but I think you would be better off trying to rise and get moving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

I wonder did he manage to get out of bed, or if when he stepped out, his frozen ankles shattered and the poor man is lying on an icy floor somewhere freezing to death? :eek:

My central heating is gone. Packed up earlier in the year. Fixed the problem or so we thought but boiler didn't work after repairs. There's a plumber in the family along with a builder who's been giving us the run around since August. 'He'll be up next week' was often said to us and it will come and go with a no show.

I have the details of a new plumber. I would like to go down this route and get the different plumber but my mam doesn't know what to do. She's still holding out for these other fcuks.

It is so so cold inside and outside. It's warmer outside. 8pm last night, with layers and cap on, I running around the back yard to warm up.

I'm now suffering with severe stomach cramps and I think it's brought on by the cold. I looked pregnant with a hot water bottle down my jacket this evening. I was in my kitchen. I collapsed this evening in the kitchen. I don't know what that's all about. If it's related to the cold.

The builder is my father. Mam and dad are long separated. He was no angel when I was growing up. He was a drunken, violent cúnt towards my mam. All these year's later they get on reasonably well. They are friendly towards each other anyways. Sometime last year I was asked how I get on with him and the partner. I told the truth that I don't see him often but when we do it's friendly. I also said what ever happened all them years ago is in the past and over and there's no point holding onto to that.

Well, I take it all back now. No fcuking way. That cnut of a father never paid maintenance, probably trying to punish my mam. That's and so much more. He very very rarely helped us. We made the best of a bad situation though. Grew up in borderline poverty.

It's a clear as daylight that is b@stard son was his favourite and we were nothing to him.

I can't think of any other reason for my dad to tell me a few times since August that the uncle/plumber will be up, except for control. Still trying to control mam all these years later.

Before anyone asks, why did we go to him, we didn't. I had family home from Australia and he came up to visit them. Showing off as well pretending how great he is. We happened to mention the problem to him and he said they'll be up next we. Met him a few times since, mainly whenever I'm walking by the pub and he's at the door. Stop to say hello and before I'd say anything he'll say 'he'll be up next week'. And it's just a big fat fcuking lie.

I never want to see or hear from him ever again for what's he's doing.

His dirty wh0re if an ex partner ran back to her ex husbands arms. Sill fool he is. What's happening now is that my father doesn't have any woman in his life to control.

Pitiful pr1ck he is. He can't even read or write and there will be some home truths going his way very very soon.

I was in tears last night and absolutely fcuking raging on my own. It's only a matter if time before I dish it out to him.

He's a dirty fcuking piece of scum. It took my brothers a long time to see it but they see it now. I believe one of them already had a few things to say to him and he couldn't take it. Started crying and apologising but it's so so cheep from him.

Cnut, cnut, cnut, cnut, cnut and so much more is all he is.

I know it late now op. Well past 2 but I think you would be better off trying to rise and get moving.

The only thing I can say, is that is an epic rant. 10/10.

I hope you feel better for getting that off your chest.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

pablo128 wrote: »
    The only thing I can say, is that is an epic rant. 10/10.

I hope you feel better for getting that off your chest.:)

Epic rant,indeed,but obviously coming from the heart.
    Sounds like a nightmare,pablo.best of luck.x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I wonder did he manage to get out of bed, or if when he stepped out, his frozen ankles shattered and the poor man is lying on an icy floor somewhere freezing to death? :eek:

Yeah, but just think of how much he's going to save on not having to pay some cryogenics crowd to keep him in suspended animation till we figure out how to re-attach frozen ankles. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'm back in bed and freezing again unfortunately, with the duvet on my head. I suspect I look like some sort of sheikh, but under the duvet lies a fully-clothed man with a hoodie and jeans on. It's me, by the way. I might sleep in them because it's too cold and getting out of bed to undress, making it much colder, doesn't make much sense to me at this point. I'd kill for a hot-water bottle. As far as sound investments go, that's right up there.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Your women's problems isn't your dad's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Advertisement