Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irfu supporters club 6N tickets

Options
  • 19-11-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Irish Rugby Supporters Club 6N tickets?
    hi, don't have any contacts. if i join the irish rugby supporters club would i be guaranteed tickets to the england and france game? the site says "Opportunities to win or purchase tickets" is very vague?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

You won't be guaranteed tickets. Whatever tickets the IRFU get they'll put on sale but it'll be a free for all from members to get the tickets. Remember too that there are only two home games this year and they're agaonst the two biggest sides so defend will be huge. There'll be a huge uptake of tickets from the clubs too so there may not be many tickets in the IRFU kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

gavwaldo wrote: »
    Irish Rugby Supporters Club 6N tickets?
    hi, don't have any contacts. if i join the irish rugby supporters club would i be guaranteed tickets to the england and france game? the site says "Opportunities to win or purchase tickets" is very vague?

Two years ago we got the opportunity to buy a total of two tickets each.....not two for each match.

And you have to be quick off the mark when the sale opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

vienne86 wrote: »
    Two years ago we got the opportunity to buy a total of two tickets each.....not two for each match.

And you have to be quick off the mark when the sale opens.

The England game sold out very fast 2 years ago but there were tickets for France still available in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Clegg wrote: »
    You won't be guaranteed tickets. Whatever tickets the IRFU get they'll put on sale but it'll be a free for all from members to get the tickets. Remember too that there are only two home games this year and they're agaonst the two biggest sides so defend will be huge. There'll be a huge uptake of tickets from the clubs too so there may not be many tickets in the IRFU kitty.

Also, what is made available is largely dependent on what the clubs/associated bodies and visiting unions and corporate sponsors don't take up. The more fans who sign up the IRFU supporters clubs and those allocated to the supporter clubs of the provincial sides (They get a bite of the cherry as well.) are all battling it out for less and less tickets again.

At best it's a 1 in 100+ chance of a ticket for 2017 and that's not going to be for any one ticket category in the Aviva either. Better off using the members fee for a provincial game or two, or indeed several if you add in the International ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticketmaster seem to have taken over running the ticket sales for IRSC (remember the IRSC had there own ticket system and it kept crashing)

Expect a sale either early December or Early January

Tickets sell very very fast for the England game so you have to be on the ball to get them and there will be huge demand for this game as its the last match of the tournament cud be a potential grandslam/championship/triple crown game, last match between 2 Lions nations before they head on tour and Its on a paddys day weekend

The French game will sell fast too

• Advertisement

BrokenMan wrote: »
    The England game sold out very fast 2 years ago but there were tickets for France still available in the afternoon.

You're right. In fact, having bought two tickets for the England game, I was able to go in that evening and buy two for the French game. The details of the sale are usually announced at the end of the first week in December.

past IRSC six nations ticket sale dates

2016 6N (Home vs Wales, Italy and Scotland)- 8th Dec 2015
    2015 6N (Home vs France and England)- 3rd Dec 2014
    2014 6N (Home vs Scotland, Wales and Italy)- 3rd Dec 2013
    2013 6N (Home vs England and France)- 17th Jan 2013

keep checking your emails and update/check your membership detaisl expect to hear something soon

AFAIK Leinster season tickets holders have been emailed details of there lottery for 6N tickets. Cat 1 gone up to E107 ive heard

PTH2009 wrote: »
    past IRSC six nations ticket sale dates

2016 6N (Home vs Wales, Italy and Scotland)- 8th Dec 2015
    2015 6N (Home vs France and England)- 3rd Dec 2014
    2014 6N (Home vs Scotland, Wales and Italy)- 3rd Dec 2013
    2013 6N (Home vs England and France)- 17th Jan 2013

keep checking your emails and update/check your membership detaisl expect to hear something soon

AFAIK Leinster season tickets holders have been emailed details of there lottery for 6N tickets. Cat 1 gone up to E107 ive heard

Yes, I'm a STH with Leinster, and can confirm that we got an email about a lottery - we have to enter before we get to hear how we might have got on with the Ireland Supporters Club sale, but I will enter the draw, because I have lots of other Leinster friends who would happily take any surplus from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The IRSC is a money racket.

I'm saying nothing :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Is there a better way to get an opportunity to access Ireland 6 nations tickets though? A member this year had access to a pre sale to all the 6 nations tickets which were sell outs plus a pre sale for the all blacks. I'm not saying it's not a money racket, I just don't see a cheaper way to be in with a chance to go to 6 nations games if you're not coaching an underage team or linked to a sponsor or have 10 year tickets.

Raisins wrote: »
    Is there a better way to get an opportunity to access Ireland 6 nations tickets though? A member this year had access to a pre sale to all the 6 nations tickets which were sell outs plus a pre sale for the all blacks. I'm not saying it's not a money racket, I just don't see a cheaper way to be in with a chance to go to 6 nations games if you're not coaching an underage team or linked to a sponsor or have 10 year tickets.

Six Nation tickets have always gone primarily to clubs, affiliate bodies, schools, sponsors, selected senior officers, debentures and visiting nations. All these groups have a vested interest in the game or some level of involvement.

Unfortunate as it may sound to the general public but making more available via the supporter clubs means that those groups who are involved directly will lose out on their allocation. Perhaps the moral is for people to get involved in the game at a practical level.

Six Nation tickets have always gone primarily to clubs, affiliate bodies, schools, sponsors, selected senior officers, debentures and visiting nations. All these groups have a vested interest in the game or some level of involvement.

Unfortunate as it may sound to the general public but making more available via the supporter clubs means that those groups who are involved directly will lose out on their allocation. Perhaps the moral is for people to get involved in the game at a practical level.

Read my post I never made any criticism of the allocation or the way it operates. I never suggested that the supporters club should get a larger allocation. I asked a question. I was involved for many years with my local rugby club but have since moved away. Having said that I think the allocation system seriously affects the quality of the atmosphere in the aviva. That doesn't mean I'd change it but it's just the way it is.

Raisins wrote: »
    Read my post I never made any criticism of the allocation or the way it operates. I never suggested that the supporters club should get a larger allocation. I asked a question. I was involved for many years with my local rugby club but have since moved away. Having said that I think the allocation system seriously affects the quality of the atmosphere in the aviva. That doesn't mean I'd change it but it's just the way it is.

A few tickets go too people who have no interest and just want too be there and will spend the time at the bar

Remember I saw someone read a book for the entire match at a game a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Was it "Rugby chants for dummies?"

us on the IRSC are getting news of a sale containing 'very limited' France and England tickets for the 2017 6N in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A few tickets go too people who have no interest and just want too be there and will spend the time at the bar

I was at the match yesterday and had first hand experience of this scourge on society.
    I was sitting in an aisle seat and for the whole match there were people going up and down to the bars .
    It was like a stampede at times .

It ruined my enjoyment of the match as these imbeciles kept on blocking my view,they were up and down the steps non stop.
    I've been to matches in many sports all over the world and I have never encountered anything like it.:mad:

I was at the match yesterday and had first hand experience of this scourge on society.
    I was sitting in an aisle seat and for the whole match there were people going up and down to the bars .

It ruined my enjoyment of the match as these imbeciles kept on blocking my view,they were up and down the steps non stop.
    I've been to matches in many sports all over the world and I have never encountered anything like it.:mad:

At the all blacks match itself the entire section of fans in front of me spent a lot of the second half bored trying to start a Mexican wave or an Icelandic clap. The whole stadium did it against Canada but against the all blacks in a tight game is something else. That's the way it is though I don't necessarily disagree with the way the allocation is done.

Part of the problem is the design of the Aviva stadium IMO. The bars are far too close to the seats IMO, making it far too tempting to go out for supplies. I went to Murrayfield a few years ago, and our seats were nowhere near the bars - result was that everyone stayed put.

Do a Croke Park and don't allow alcohol to be drunk in the stands. Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Do a Croke Park and don't allow alcohol to be drunk in the stands. Problem solved.

Yes that should be the case
    I've been to competitive matches in the Aviva before and there has been no drink allowed in the stands .
    I think it was only allowed yesterday because it was a friendly not 6 Nations.

Why do these people go to matches ,is it so they can just post a selfie on facebook with their pint ,as that is what some of them were doing .
    One guy even tried this right in front on me on the steps ,and he was told where to go.

Absolutely no interest in the game ,just out to get sloshed ,maybe they got free tickets .
    Its an expensive way to get sloshed .

Yes that should be the case
    I've been to competitive matches in the Aviva before and there has been no drink allowed in the stands .
    I think it was only allowed yesterday because it was a friendly not 6 Nations.

Alcohol is allowed at the seats at Six Nation games.

Also friendlies are for soccer ball, not rugby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I was same as yourself, but if there was no drink people would probably have a good few before match and then it's up and down to toilet, plus they would be getting food also. it's a no win situation.

mad m wrote: »
    I was same as yourself, but if there was no drink people would probably have a good few before match and then it's up and down to toilet, plus they would be getting food also. it's a no win situation.

And anyway, there is no way that the IRFU will pass up on the opportunity to make a packet on selling as much drink as possible (and anything else) at these matches.

I don't really 'get' drinking these pints at matches. They are overpriced, mass poured and in a plastic container. It's awful. Wait 2 hours until after the game, you'll survive.

Another solution is to stop people re-entering the stand until there's a break in play....injury stoppage, penalty kick to touch etc. They have stewards at every entrance of the ground to do that and you can put up signs etc to warn people. I know that will cause a potential conflict ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

us on the IRSC are getting news of a sale containing 'very limited' France and England tickets for the 2017 6N in the next week or so

Did you get an email with that information. Haven't received anything yet myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Was wondering the same thing myself. Joined the club about a month ago in the hope of being able to buy 6N tickets for either match as a Christmas present. Dutifully checking the e-mails ever since but haven't seen anything to that effect yet....

On the ticket fourm on the IRSC page the admin set up a RBS 6 Nations Page last friday 25th where he said

'We'll be announcing details of the ticket sale for the RBS 6 Nations 2017 in the coming week or so.'

expect an email very soon with the sale details

Ticketmaster ran the sale the last few times

The IRSC send another email about 2/3 days before the sale which contains
    Links to the Ticketmaster Pages (each match will have its own page)
    A Pre sale code which u must enter before u select your tickets

doubt Vodafone customers will get a Pre Sale like they had for the Autumn Internationals ???

I doubt there's a Vodafone pre-sale. Rugby clubs who rely on ticket levies would lose their mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I think that may have been the AI Hurling final between Tipp' and Kilkenny a few

years ago now but I do understand where you're coming from.

Advertisement