Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - black friday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Might take a punt on the IP camera, tenner cheaper than Amazon. TP Link gear is usually daycent enough.
    I tried the three Lidl stores in Limerick this evening for these and all gone.
    Anybody know if you can get outdoor versions of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No they're all indoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dont know the area well, house sitting the uncles place at the minute and assumed that was Foxrock Village. Think the announcement on the 46a says it too. Tis the only lidl nearby i can think of.

Foxrock village is west of the N11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

fryup wrote: »
    doesn't really matter on a 32" does it ?

It does when you're paying the same price as other places sell better 1080p panels, which is actually what I said in the full quote, not that it should be avoided because it's 720P.

It also matters if you're using a PS4 or XB1 (or connected to a PC, etc), which both work on 720P panels obviously but 1080p is a better choice.

I was just pointing out that it's not a bargain, just a very average price, every retailer in the country has 720P tv's for that price and better in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Anyone test out the IP Camera ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Bought 2 ip camera's. One has failed so will go back the other one works grand and I'm happy with it, hopefully i just got a bad one. Can't get port forwarding working on Eir(F2000 modem) but not an ip cam issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Grecco wrote: »
    The bigger Samsung is an unknown as they haven't put up a model number for it. If its a 5000 series model than your playing a game of roulette, as in you might get a Samsung panel or you could get a Sharp or other generic panel

the bigger one is a hospitality/hotel model...does that make any difference to the quality of build??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

blacksasha wrote: »
    Anyone test out the IP Camera ?

Very happy with it. Cant comment on how it stands up against other products as I just saw it and purchased. But for me I wanted it to sit in the kitchen to keep an eye on a pet. It works very well. Easy setup. I have only viewed stream on phone and the quality seems fine. Night vision works very well.

I believe it is possible to setup movement notifications via email. Would like to see a multi user function for the app but it seems just a single user.

Apparently it can act as a wifi extender as well which I haven't tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Hi, yea got one also to keep an eye on our pet dog, works fine, cheap item for 25 euros. Happy so far with it works grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,745 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Grecco wrote: »
    Its an OK tv, nothing special, the price isnt special either. I think 32inch is a bit small too unless its for a small room/bedroom.
    The bigger Samsung is an unknown as they haven't put up a model number for it. If its a 5000 series model than your playing a game of roulette, as in you might get a Samsung panel or you could get a Sharp or other generic panel

A 32inch tv is not small ok its not huge either but its a decent size. I remember when everyone thought a 26inch tv was huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a bit like saying you don't need HD. Expectations change in line with what becomes normal.

Advertisement