Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - black friday

Options
  • 19-11-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

What do you reckon..are those TVs worth a punt? or could i get them cheaper else where?

they seem to be older models, but still a good price i think

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=948

btw - the printer seems a steal as well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Samsung 32" not great value, it's only 720P - I bought a newer 1080p Samsung 32" for the same price from DID a short while back. I'm sure it's a grand TV but I wouldn't be breaking down the door to buy it at €199.

The laptop is pretty good value for an in-store offer, considering it's an SSD model with a bag/mouse/USB stick.

Printer also pretty decent, I know DID currently have a similar all-in-one model for 29.99 reduced from 59.99, unsure of the model though.

The generic 10" tablet is about average, but €60 for the Lenovo Tab 2 is pretty hard to argue with, even though it's an older build of Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Samsung 32" not great value, it's only 720P -

doesn't really matter on a 32" does it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,836 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any ideas what stock levels will be like, are we talking single digit amounts per store?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭machu

Would the 40" tv be a good buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Anyone know what processor the laptop has? Can only see Intel in the description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The generic 10" tablet is about average, but €60 for the Lenovo Tab 2 is pretty hard to argue with, even though it's an older build of Android.

I'd disagree... both are only 1GB RAM and low resolution which is really not enough now and unless you can update to Android 5+ I would probably look elsewhere myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how about that 40" samsung....old model ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Might take a punt on the IP camera, tenner cheaper than Amazon. TP Link gear is usually daycent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Might take a punt on the IP camera, tenner cheaper than Amazon. TP Link gear is usually daycent enough.

I'm using a TP Link router here. It's cheap & cheerful, but it gets the job done. Not the best in the world, but grand for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Logo

I need to buy a TV and was looking at Lidl's Black Friday sale - 32" Samsung Series 4 HD ready, 1366 x 768 resolution and one year warranty for €200. I'm not too tech-savvy so just wondering if it's worth queuing for or can I do as well elsewhere. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Logo wrote: »
    I need to buy a TV and was looking at Lidl's Black Friday sale - 32" Samsung Series 4 HD ready, 1366 x 768 resolution and one year warranty for €200. I'm not too tech-savvy so just wondering if it's worth queuing for or can I do as well elsewhere. Thanks
    Its an OK tv, nothing special, the price isnt special either. I think 32inch is a bit small too unless its for a small room/bedroom.
    The bigger Samsung is an unknown as they haven't put up a model number for it. If its a 5000 series model than your playing a game of roulette, as in you might get a Samsung panel or you could get a Sharp or other generic panel

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

on the lookout for a basic laptop for myself does the lidl one represent good value. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

on the lookout for a basic laptop for myself does the lidl one represent good value. ?

What's it for?

If web browsing and some basic documents etc.

There is far far more value for money and speed in a Chromebook. Go to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Just wondering if the 32"Samsung has a usb connection for chromecast etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

listermint wrote: »
    What's it for?

If web browsing and some basic documents etc.

There is far far more value for money and speed in a Chromebook. Go to Amazon.

exactly, just browsing ,you tube etc.was looking at chrome book but am led to believe I couldn't print directly from it only from the cloud .this was the reason I was looking at the lidl one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Grecco wrote: »
    The bigger Samsung is an unknown as they haven't put up a model number for it. If its a 5000 series model than your playing a game of roulette, as in you might get a Samsung panel or you could get a Sharp or other generic panel

really :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

machu wrote: »
    Would the 40" tv be a good buy ?

Bit cheaper in DID for €299.99.
    the goon wrote: »

This does. x1 and 40".

http://www.did.ie/samsung-40-hd-led-tv-ue40k5100-prd?utm_campaign=1613603_Black%20Friday%20Burst%20%233&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Optiflow%20Ecommerce&dm_i=2L0I,YL2B,2X6MIU,2P5PU,1

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meathgirl2011

Kennypowers we have a chromebook and print directly from it all the time. The only thing I find majorly restrictive about the chromebook is there is no microsoft office. Google docs is pretty rubbish in comparison.

Kennypowers we have a chromebook and print directly from it all the time. The only thing I find majorly restrictive about the chromebook is there is no microsoft office. Google docs is pretty rubbish in comparison.

Office 365 is available online, I use it on my chromebook all the time. They are also available offline.

This was sorted about 2 years ago no need to use google docs at all tbf.

They are a great machine for pretty much most normal users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

the goon wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume chromecast connects via hdmi?

Any idea what stock is like stores? after the ip camera. Will take a wander down to Foxrock lidl and see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any idea what stock is like stores? after the ip camera. Will take a wander down to Foxrock lidl and see I suppose.

Theres a lidl in Foxrock? Is that what they are calling deansgrange now?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

mate was in looking for a tablet and they were all gone from early

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Is the 40 inch good value does anyone know?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Theres a lidl in Foxrock? Is that what they are calling deansgrange now?:P

Dont know the area well, house sitting the uncles place at the minute and assumed that was Foxrock Village. Think the announcement on the 46a says it too. Tis the only lidl nearby i can think of.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume chromecast connects via hdmi?

You arent wrong... but how do you power it.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Dont know the area well, house sitting the uncles place at the minute and assumed that was Foxrock Village. Think the announcement on the 46a says it too. Tis the only lidl nearby i can think of.

It's opposite 'Foxrock Close' and some other 'Foxrock' street but isn't really Foxrock at all at all, not that it matters in any way, it's a very nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

listermint wrote: »
    You arent wrong... but how do you power it.... :P

Ah I get ya, They pack a wall adapter in the box for that surely? I'd be surprised if any TV being sold now didnt have at least 1 usb port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,428 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just set mine up. It's really good for the money. Should have bought more.

Advertisement