Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Ireland vs NZ, 19/11/16, 1730 - Who is the greatest side of all time?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

NZ to give us the rugby equivalent of a wedgie and take our lunch money
    minitrue wrote: »
    He slotted the conversion (to take us past a 10 point lead) but missed the late penalty we took to bleed the time off the clock. Where was the second miss?

You're correct, I'm confusing it with the Canada game when he was 0/2.
    minitrue wrote: »
    I think if you pick your 10 or 22 to play NZ based on goal kicking you are setting yourself up for failure. But to be really clear, I was not suggesting it's a travesty he lost the shirt but that his performance in Chicago was superb and exceptionally calm so suggesting Jackson will bring steadiness was harsh.

I'm not suggesting we pick our 22 based on goal-kicking, I'm suggesting we pick the more proven player. That is Jackson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I haven't read the OP. No need. We all know the greatest side of all time is England 2003.

(Of course I did read it and very good it was too)

SA 2009 best team ever even said so by Richie MCCaw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Bigbok wrote: »
    You seem to be a stranger to irony. swiwi_ was being very tongue in cheek.

A bit like the best ever soccer team was England 1966.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Gallant defeat to the best team ever to play the game
    You seem to be a stranger to irony. swiwi_ was being very tongue in cheek.

A bit like the best ever soccer team was England 1966.

It's funny how a joke about the myopic nature of some fans brings out the very same in others

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ireland by 15+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

I'd imagine that's what's exercising Joe's mind. By rights, Sexton should be our starting out half for the next four years, but hoping that he'd make it to Tokyo would be foolish.

Which means plan B has to be Jackson and plan C; Carbery. Until and if someone better comes along, those two need to have enough game time to see who has the best potential to take over from Sexton.

I was always concerned that PJ was our only backup. I never really believed that Madigan was the answer and now suddenly we have a genuine second option just fall into our laps.

and there's two or three other potential options floating around that could potentially come into play over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »
    Ireland by 15+

Welcome to the forum Mrs. Awec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

57900031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ireland by 15+

Look at you....all optimistic and happy and married.

You've changed man.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ireland by 15+

We need a boards meet up soon before this wears off.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

molloyjh wrote: »
    We need a boards meet up soon before this wears off.... :D

Think he just got the + in the wrong place and meant within the +15 handicap, :P

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Think he just got the + in the wrong place and meant within the +15 handicap, :P

Nah he was right the first time. Its not like he will ever get to say 15+ with Ulster. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Not to criticise Former Total or anything but, well it is a criticism; we have the date of the match, the television channels it's on and the teams and officials, but no kick off time?

I'd forgive the lack of a table, but in the circumstances, you failed there too :pac:

Up your game man! Joe Schmidt will be looking at the replays on Monday morning.

For the record it's 5:30pm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Not to criticise Former Total or anything but, well it is a criticism; we have the date of the match, the television channels it's on and the teams and officials, but no kick off time?

Thanks for the constructive criticism. It's been duly noted.

But if you need me to tell you the kick-off time, then you're not much of a fan, HAH?

Hey lads, is anyone else sick of these bandwagon jumpers?

<thread title begrudgingly updated>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Where is your sense of humour man?

If I was being serious it is of course Australia 1991, greatest team ever for sure.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Where is your sense of humour man?

If I was being serious it is of course Australia 1991, greatest team ever for sure.

Personally I like the 1999 Australian side, the 2003 NZ side, the 2011 Australian side and the 2015 NZ side.

Ireland 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Where can I Stream the match from? Mobdro acting the pr#@k!
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Buer wrote: »
    Personally I like the 1999 Australian side, the 2003 NZ side, the 2011 Australian side and the 2015 NZ side.

France 1999

France 1999

But they didn't knock SA out of the RWC. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

dedaw wrote: »
    Where can I Stream the match from? Mobdro acting the pr#@k!
    Cheers.

I just google rugby streaming, the top 2 links will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

They say lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place ... but this match isn't taking place in Chicago.

Ringrose in the corner in the 82nd minute to steal the victory and earn the ire of the NZ Herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ireland 2009 undefeated for the year beat world champs South Africa in Croke Park that year too (still remember the fog that day could not see a thing up in the upper hogan stand, Ireland wore white that day)

New Zealand (2011-2015) were an unreal team, South Africa (2007-2009), England (2003) were great teams too

from both line ups (starting 15 and sub) from the 2013 Dublin game the all blacks have 11 and Ireland have 9 players in the 2016 Dublin lineups

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No Ireland team subsequent to or before John Hayes' Ireland career can be considered the best Ireland team.

No Ireland team subsequent to or before John Hayes' Ireland career can be considered the best Ireland team.

The one thing you and Sean O'Brien have in common is that you both have posters of Bulls all over your bedroom wall...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

The one thing you and Sean O'Brien have in common is that you both have posters of Bulls all over your bedroom wall...

It's not often I come across a joke this bad.. but when I do.. I embrace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,042 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ireland 2009 undefeated for the year beat world champs South Africa in Croke Park that year too (still remember the fog that day could not see a thing up in the upper hogan stand, Ireland wore white that day)

New Zealand (2011-2015) were an unreal team, South Africa (2007-2009), England (2003) were great teams too

from both line ups (starting 15 and sub) from the 2013 Dublin game the all blacks have 11 and Ireland have 9 players in the 2016 Dublin lineups

The asterisk against the 2009 team was that there wasn't a real summer tour due to the Lions, but yes it was a great year for Irish rugby overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Silence here is deafening.
    Absolutely bizarre.

I'm settling down with a bottle of wine and rewatching the Chicago game now.
    Tomorrow begins now. (For me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Who is the indispensible star in the current Irish team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Korat wrote: »
    Who is the indispensible star in the current Irish team?

Murray and Sexton equally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement