Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson ebay sale

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone purchasing today try this on the dyson site

Enter DYSONBLACK at the checkout for an additional 10% off

did this work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

Going to go for a V8, for the higher suction - but there are so many variants (absolute, animal etc)- We dont have dogs, would like to use it on car sometimes but mostly home.

Which attachments do you find are most useful to be looking for in a package?

thanks...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

Hi Can someone tell me how to get a Dyson from the eBay website posted to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

the goon wrote: »
    Hi Can someone tell me how to get a Dyson from the eBay website posted to Ireland?
    Enter their NI forwarding address into eBay with your PM/PW id and pay with Revolut card to maximise EU to Sterling conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

ongarite wrote: »
    Enter their NI forwarding address into eBay with your PM/PW id and pay with Revolut card to maximise EU to Sterling conversion rate.

Thanks that's great. I have a parcel motel account but didn't think they would deliver something the size of Dyson Big Ball Animal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got a V6 and used Parcel Wizard. DPD are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Zascar wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the Animal version over the normal V6? What does it come with extra?

I’ve no pets and wondering which to get- which did you go for ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The standard v6 - I dont need any of the fancy extra brushes - this will be perfect for my apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

The Hoover equivalent is on sale this weekend in Lidl.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=4553

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

The standard v6 - I dont need any of the fancy extra brushes - this will be perfect for my apartment

Thank you - went the same too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

did this work for you?

Worked for me last night anyway. Reduced the V8 to €360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Got the v8 absolute on the eBay site and yet has arrived perfect brand new and with a 2 yr guarantee. Parcel wizard charged €3.85 for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Got the V6 basic for the £125 eBay offer delivered today with parcel wizard. 1 year warranty and it looks absolutely perfect, all new packaging etc .. looks new to me. Delighted, been waiting to pull the trigger on this for a long long time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Missed this. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I got the "V8 ABSOLUTE PRO" during the black friday sale - disappointed it didnt come with the flex crevice tool for cleaning the junk that falls behind my car seat...

It's been on sale for a price that keeps fluctuating between 3 Euros and 5 Euros...

It also says out of stock - but if you do the chat thing - they have lots in stock - I just ordered one - for €5 + €2 postage.

Some of the other accessories are also on sale cheap.

These tools are crazy expensive everywhere else.

“Roll it back”

Link:
    https://www.dyson.ie/support/journey/tools/968433-01.232707-01.html

(says out of stock - but its not really)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

ozmo wrote: »
    Link:
    https://www.dyson.ie/support/journey/tools/968433-01.232707-01.html

(says out of stock - but its not really)

Will try this tomorrow, I have the Car and Boat and it didnt come with that either

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI - V6 appears to be back at £129.99.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112351558902?clk_rvr_id=1435637276844&rmvSB=true

The mixed reviews and fact I'm not sure if the head would be suitable for laminate floors is the only thing stopping me pulling the trigger.

The V6 Fluffy seems to be recommended for wooden floors.

Basq wrote: »

The mixed reviews ....

having bought the V8 - its powerful but we still use it mostly on boost mode- I wouldnt have been happy with lower suction.

V8 is great - worth the extra cost.

Also - for anyone who hasnt - its well worth the time to mount it properly on the wall - for the first couple weeks we were plugging it in as we couldnt find a suitable hidden wall space with nearby powerpoint for it -
    got it sorted and its so much better to have it as intended where it charges while in its dock on the wall.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Yes I mounted mine on the wall too - easy with two small screws. However i was surprised how short the cable was - mine has to stretch across the counter - it should definitely be a good big longer, not everyone has plugs everywhere..

Yes I mounted mine on the wall too - easy with two small screws. However i was surprised how short the cable was - mine has to stretch across the counter - it should definitely be a good big longer, not everyone has plugs everywhere..

My problem exactly - I was going to cut the 12V cable from the dyson transformer and put in a longer new section - that might have been the cleanest solution - but in the end I just got a long mains extension cable and mounted it to the underside of our counters so as to not invalidate the warranty.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

The mixed reviews and fact I'm not sure if the head would be suitable for laminate floors is the only thing stopping me pulling the trigger.

Just incase it helps. I have that version, and i've used it on my laminate floors for about 2 years. Not a bother on the floors at all. No markings etc. If i remember, at the very first week, there was little..smudge marks, but they went away pretty quick. I assumed it was just new plastic wearing in.
    its worth mentioning, it was not the brush. It was from the head itself. I see nothing different about the head in my version and the new.

it does a fantastic job keeping things clean, and helps alot with my asthma (and 2 cats)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks for the link.

I had deliberated for a while, but bit the bullet. Had it delivered to a relative in Fermanagh, arrived in 2 days!

Got my hands on it this evening, and the thing looks like new! The accessories, filters, etc are definitely new, few grains of dust in the can, but it's not scratched or anything.

Gave it a quick spin on the floor, and it was sticking to it, until I realised the Turbo function was active. Charging it up now for proper usage tomorrow.

My initial thoughts are that it's pretty good value for Dyson V6.

Advertisement