Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson ebay sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Just to make people aware these are refurbished. 1 year Guarantee.

"Manufacturer refurbished: An item that has been professionally restored to working order by a manufacturer-approved vendor. This means the product has been inspected, cleaned and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications and is in excellent condition. This item may or may not be in its original packaging."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Which is the best one, the absolute?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

no v8's :( but still good deals on the v6

they are doing Black Friday specials this year also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭honda boi

Yep sorry they refurbished , my father bought one of these a few weeks ago and came like brand new and registered online and got 2 years warranty.
    Yes I think the absolute is the highest spec one

Parcelmotel, wizard or address pal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

sweetie wrote: »
    I've used them all. Wizard would get my vote for flexibility (assuming what you are buying will ship to NI)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Whats the difference between the V6 animal and dc59 animal, which is 33 quid sterling cheaper?

dodzy wrote: »
    I've used them all. Wizard would get my vote for flexibility (assuming what you are buying will ship to NI)

I've used all three but I'm unsure which will accept these items, I think parcelwizard is best bet, 40 x 40 x 60? Definitel ytoo big for motel and address pal oversize charge is a flat €21!
    terrydel wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the V6 animal and dc59 animal, which is 33 quid sterling cheaper?

they rebadged the dc59 to v6, no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭honda boi

I ordered with wizard. My father did too and it arrived without any extra charges

honda boi wrote: »
    I ordered with wizard. My father did too and it arrived without any extra charges

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

I ordered last one with Motel, classed as oversized item so 7e for delivery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Which is the best one, the absolute?

It depends on the floors in your house.
    I have the V8 absolute and it has hard floor, carpet attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Ordered the absolute , been on the lookout for one of these deals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Ordered the absolute , been on the lookout for one of these deals

This one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dyson-V6-Absolute-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner-Refurbished-1-Year-Guarantee-/121872572761?hash=item1c602be159

What did you pay?

Plumped for the fluffy myself

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Is the V6 only in the hand held or is there a version that's bigger which you pull around?

Is the V6 only in the hand held or is there a version that's bigger which you pull around?

The av6 is the handheld range. The pull around have a different range of motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Picked up the V6 animal when they refurbs ones were on sale on eBay a few months back.

Quality etc with the refurb it was perfect, came plain packaged but otherwise appeared new.

Just on the hoover itself, it's ok, don't expect it to clean a carpet. It's for a quick clean, it's not capable of a good deep clean. You'll still need a proper hoover.

I haven't tried the V8 but if buying again I wouldn't buy the V6 it's just not powerful enough. We have a miele cat and dog and there's no comparison.

The fluffy head, i'm still not getting it, we've an oak floor the normal v6 head is used on and it's fine, not sure it's worth the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Worked out as €260

It wont let me buy this one. It says the seller may not deliver to Ireland. How did you get around that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dearg81 wrote: »
    It wont let me buy this one. It says the seller may not deliver to Ireland. How did you get around that?

Use Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard or Address Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Use Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard or Address Pal.

Thanks, I read that earlier in the thread and immediately deleted it from my memory :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We got a v6 absolute here and it's perfect. Does everything carpet, floors, tiles the lot. I've done more hoovering since I bought it coz it's so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭coolbreeze01

Does paypal allow you to change address to a uk one?
    Or are people paying with credit card?

Does paypal allow you to change address to a uk one?
    Or are people paying with credit card?

Mine does, have parcelmotel, parcelwizard, work, home etc and change to whichever suits me.

BTW mine has shipped to parcelwizard, it seems they may have left the PW code off the address though....I may give them a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have a mixture of wooden and tiled floors. What would be recommended?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have a mixture of wooden and tiled floors. What would be recommended?

Any with the hard floor attachment.

We got a v6 absolute here and it's perfect. Does everything carpet, floors, tiles the lot. I've done more hoovering since I bought it coz it's so easy!

I think you have hit the nail on the head here.
    These are not more powerful than the traditional Nilfisk units or anything but because of their handiness I find myself grabbing it daily and doing a different room as you go about. This in turns leads to the whole house getting hovered more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

V6 now available from 180 direct from Dyson..

http://www.dyson.ie/vacuums/vacuumsbrowsetherange.aspx

• Advertisement

mgray wrote: »
    V6 now available from 180 direct from Dyson..

http://www.dyson.ie/vacuums/vacuumsbrowsetherange.aspx

Where do you see €180? Cheapest version is €240 on that link

Advertisement