Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Anyone know what he means by "turned down by court earlier"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Obama likely to be in hot water over this.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,262 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This look at Jeff Sessions, shows what he really is. How this partisan and politically corrupt could be put in as AG is stunning.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/04/jeff-sessions-legal-past-democrats-trump-administration

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Tyson Fury wrote: »

...from morons who'd swallow anything Trump tells them, because any dissenting voices are shouted down as "LIBRUL FAKE NOOOOOOOZ!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trump and Obama should sue each other. I know where my money would be.

Apart from confirming that he is a lunatic, these texts show that Trump is very afraid of something that he thinks is about to come out.

Trump is literally p ing himself based on how he spells tap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I would imagine there are plenty of good reasons as to why Trump's phones might've been tapped if his business dealings are as shady as they sound, but leaving that and the plausibility of that aside, coming out with a tweet like that would be astonishing if Trump hadn't already set the bar so low.

For starters, unless it's an Americanism, that's not how you spell tap, so the President of the US has just made an official communication with an obvious typo, but even taking the composition of the message, it is so disappointing that someone in such a revered position can come out with a sentence like this:
    How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

If Obama has done something wrong here, oughtn't this be addressed through the judicial system and not bleated about like it was just Obama calling Trump a dickhead?

Bad (or sick) guy!
    Leaving aside how "bad guy" is the best Trump can come up with, what does that even mean? Sick? Sick how? Is he just using one of the 4 other words he knows to slag someone?

His barely literate mumblings ought to be reason enough for him to limit contact with the outside world because they expose how apallingly poorly spoken he is for a head of state, or a person, but instead he goes in again and again, utterly oblivious to what a fool he sounds like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has Trump stopped his incessant tweeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How ? Like always Donald trump hasn't shown evidence this even happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How ? Like always Donald trump hasn't shown evidence this even happened.

What Trump fails to realize is that to get a federal judge to authorise a wiretap he would have had to been convinced that there was probable cause. That means that if what Trump is claiming is true, then it must follow that there was enough evidence to persuade the judge that a wiretap was warranted. Which would be far more damaging To Trump than it would be to Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

First of all? Can you back that up and not shoot out a few examples. B: Dodging away from the point because even the right now that Trump is entirely indefesible at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

A sitting POTUS cannot order a phone belonging to an American politician to be tapped. But let's pretend he can. I look forward to Trump publishing the evidence that Obama ordered the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Has Trump stopped his incessant tweeting?

Its only early. He got pretty widely mocked for his spelling yesterday afternoon. No wonder people think he has trouble reading, his grammar and spelling are like a 12 year old.

“I hear by demand a second investigation," Trump wrote in the first iteration of the tweet, which disappeared and was replaced with an identical tweet that used “hearby." That tweet also disappeared and was replaced by a third one that correctly spelled the word "hereby."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/322323-merriam-webster-needles-trump-on-twitter-spelling-fumbles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just came across the wiretapping story on Drudge, this is going to be a major scandal.

Was there another DHS leak and Rachel Maddow got hold of it somehow?

Just came across the wiretapping story on Drudge, this is going to be a major scandal.

No it won't. What will be a major scandal is the content of Trump's conversations. Blood in the water.

Drudge, an objective source???

Is DT saying President O'Bama ordered an illegal surveillance of his phone?

Maybe O'Bama sought surveillance, as he believed, the security of the state was at risk?

I suppose by now, we should know, not to take the bait. The real story is Sessions lying under oath.

No it won't. What will be a major scandal is the content of Trump's conversations. Blood in the water.

Hilariously one sided. What's this, the 3rd or 4th time the Obama administration were shown to be tapping people? Merkel, the AP and Fox Journalists, and now this. Sure I suppose you get used to it after a while, and that makes it OK.

Water John wrote: »
    Drudge, an objective source???

Is DT saying President O'Bama ordered an illegal surveillance of his phone?

Maybe O'Bama sought surveillance, as he believed, the security of the state was at risk?

I suppose by now, we should know, not to take the bait. The real story is Sessions lying under oath.

Big bad Sessions. Apparently the context of questions don't matter at all when your only goal is to sabotage someone.

Hilariously one sided. What's this, the 3rd or 4th time the Obama administration were shown to be tapping people? Merkel, the AP and Fox Journalists, and now this. Sure I suppose you get used to it after a while, and that makes it OK.

Well, an argument could be made for each of those and obviously was made. No argument could be made for tapping a candidate for POTUS. Unless...

I think we'll know shortly.

Sessions has past form and it isn't pleasant.

• Advertisement

Well, an argument could be made for each of those and obviously was made. No argument could be made for tapping a candidate for POTUS. Unless...

I think we'll know shortly.

Oh, an argument could be made alright...

Bolded part - Been hearing that for the last year or more, and yet, there's nothing of any substance, only allegations and mass hysteria from the usual loons in the Democratic party and liberal media.

Oh, an argument could be made alright...

Bolded part - Been hearing that for the last year or more, and yet, there's nothing of any substance, only allegations and mass hysteria from the usual loons in the Democratic party and liberal media.

Like Trump's unsubstantiated allegations of phone tapping without providing a Shred of evidence,

Another great win for the Democrats and Chucky Schumer. Been made to look an absolute fool.

The two men were initially denied visas to travel to the United States in the chaotic days following the Trump administration’s travel ban... After the intervention of Saranac Lake’s mayor and the office of Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi reversed its decision... extended them a hero’s welcome. Locals offered congratulations and free lodging at an inn that in the snow looked like a “fairy tale scene from a movie,”

The “fairy tale” was shattered Wednesday when Hussain, 24, was arrested and charged with felony sexual abuse and child welfare endangerment, police said.

The parents of the 12-year-old girl who was allegedly involved said the incident happened Monday, after the three-day snowshoe competition, and reported it to local authorities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/indian-athlete-who-overcame-the-travel-ban-arrested-for-sexual-abuse-in-new-york/2017/03/03/47799758-d1ad-4cd5-8673-8459b7c2768e_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_indian-athlete-855pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.7fd2d137de10

Like Trump's unsubstantiated allegations of phone tapping without providing a Shred of evidence,

Ever heard of the concept called breaking news?

Ever heard of the concept called breaking news?

Broken by Trump before anyone else :rolleyes:

Lindsay Graham says he believes Russia interfered in US election.
    He is also going to introduce, on a bipartisan basis, further sanctions on Russia.
    What's DT going to do with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If Trump tweets something about Obama it must be true...

trump-credible-source-obama-birtherism.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

The FBI FISA warrant has been reported since last October.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/amp/
    To get a wiretap from a FISA court you need probable cause. The person needs also to be suspected of a Federal Felony.
    https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-28-electronic-surveillance-title-iii-applications
    (See paragraph C)
    The FISA application is made by the head of the FBI which would have been Jim Comey.
    Technically, no one can be prosecuted now for leaking the FISAs existence.
    People should demand evidence immediately from POTUS about Obama involvement.
    Trumps tweets may tell us that the U.S. gov have evidence (of treason). By attacking Obama and the FISA system he is questioning the method of evidence gathering as a means to avoid penalty.
    There is a feeling that something massive is about to happen.
    The GOP will either rally around Trump and attack the evidence gathering methods and the system they have always defended.
    Things are going to get very ugly. Dangerous times.

demfad wrote: »
    There is a feeling that something massive is about to happen.
    The GOP will either rally around Trump and attack the evidence gathering methods and the system they have always defended.
    Things are going to get very ugly. Dangerous times.

Very dangerous, something massive, it's over for Trump, hysteria. If you say it enough you probably start to believe it. Personally after 14 months of hearing it without any substance I got tired of it.

Perhaps, and now this might sound insane, the reason Trump is attacking Obama is because people connected to Obama are leaking sensitive details to the press trying to undermine his administration. Rachel Maddow got her hands on a DHS leak yesterday.

I might have gone overboard making such a wild and crazy observation. When it all starts to come out, which inevitably it will, I fear you'll still be holding the belief of some huge Russia conspiracy. On the flip side, if new evidence does come to light showing actual collusion, I'll eat my words, but right now there is nothing after all the investigations and cries of foul play.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/837816633309569024

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-diplomats-deaths-theories-putin-kremlin-a7602201.html

Six Russian Ambassadors have died since Trump's election in November, of which four were mentioned in the Steele Dossier.

Given all of the stuff that's gone on between Trump, Putin and their associates, does anyone still actually think this is a bunch of baloney?

I mean, if people (well, Trump supporters) are going to go wild after Trump's crazy tweets this morning, which have 0 evidence to back them up, then how can they just pass off this carry-on as nonsense? It just baffles me how deluded some people can be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement