Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime for £59/first year is back.

Options
  • 15-11-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Offer ends 18/11, pretty good if you are getting ready for Black Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

If you only want it for black Friday/Cyber Monday just set up a new account with a different email address and take the free month's trial

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I will be using it throughout a year, but you right, for just Black Friday it make sense to take a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

can you not cancel it a week later and get refunded most of the fee?
    I've done it a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

NATLOR wrote: »
    If you only want it for black Friday/Cyber Monday just set up a new account with a different email address and take the free month's trial

You need to give payment method, and if that's duplicated, amazon will not allow second trial.

They are not stupid....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It's a shame that there is still no benefit in terms of delivery to Ireland (apart from using Parcel motel etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

grogi wrote: »
    You need to give payment method, and if that's duplicated, amazon will not allow second trial.

They are not stupid....

I have had 3 accounts with the same card and address linked and have used prime trial on all of them.

NATLOR wrote: »
    I have had 3 accounts with the same card and address linked and have used prime trial on all of them.

Maybe that has changed recently, did not work for me couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Cheers OP... slightly OT but are you able to watch prime video content in Ireland and on how many devices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone know how prime video is in Germany?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Prime is definitely worth it if you live in the UK.

In Ireland you'd really only bother with it if you buy a load of stuff off of Amazon that you want quick delivery for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My understanding is that the delivery with amazon prime is pointless in Ireland ? I've looked into it before and it's not available here, sure can pay for it. But it's not going to make a difference with deliverys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Don't think so, not until Brexit for sure, as European Commission considers geoblocking anti-competitive.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2016/07/paramount-ends-geoblocking-eu-antitrust-breach-warning/

Maintaining status quo is a bit different, but if they allow it now, it would be irresponsible to block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

hi can others confirm that prime video works in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yes... can anyone confirm it? Dumping Virgin TV soon and Prime video (with a Fire TV box) is looking like being the winner over Netflix at the moment.

Well I just signed up to prime and video does NOT work.

All the 'included with prime' stuff is not available (you can buy it)

Very misleading from amazon really not to make it explicit. They really don't give much of a toss about us. .ie domain redirects to the uk site

EDIT: ok a couple of things seem to work - Goliath for example.
    But most is either 'not available in your location' or only has an option to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its launching in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was onto Amazon customer care and they told me that it will not work in Ireland and there is no plan on it launching here either.
    I have tried it a number of times before. Delivery isn't next day either so I can't see the point in paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

afatbollix wrote: »
    Its launching in December.

Prime Video? Where did you hear that? Would definitely sign up if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

I'm not sure if prime video is launching in December but they are going to show The Grand Tour globally in December.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gtglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

I signed up for prime free month a week ago and the only videos that I could watch on amazon video were "TV to watch while aboard" - currently there's the first season of The Man in the High Castle. I was able to watch it.

Won't be interested in keeping it for shopping alone - it's currently showing £79 per year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I don't buy much from Amazon but I have a few items on my wish list to purchase in the next few days.
    With PRIME they are offering a 30day trial.i presume I'll get free delivery if I join.

But can I cancel it after the 30 days ?.Is there any drawbacks by doing this ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You get free delivery to Ireland with any delivery over 25 sterling anyways. Prime is supposed to be quicker delivery , if you live in the U.K. Anyways. I'd love to get that but it just isn't any quicker to here I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

quick question, does anyone know if i am a prime uk subscriber, could i order from amazon france and get prime delivery? some stuff in france im looking at is much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Spipov wrote: »
    quick question, does anyone know if i am a prime uk subscriber, could i order from amazon france and get prime delivery? some stuff in france im looking at is much cheaper

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

sweetie wrote: »
    nope

thanks. too good to be true i know

Here is the response I got from their support re video
    From your previous correspondence, I can understand that you are interested in streaming Prime videos.

Due to content licensing restrictions, Amazon Video content is not currently available outside UK. Amazon Video content from Amazon.co.uk can only be purchased, streamed, and downloaded by customers in the United Kingdom and Channel Islands.

At this time, in order to stream Amazon Videos, your Amazon.co.uk account must be associated with a UK billing address and you must have a UK IP address.

I'm sorry if it wasn't clear before when you signed up for Prime membership.

We are always working to serve our international customers better. However, as policy, we do not comment on any possible expansion plans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

You're going to need a dns proxy or vpn to present a UK ip address to stream Prime video content. You can set that up per device or on your modem for your entire network. It's not as hard as it sounds. I have 2 kindle fire kids tablets and had no trouble getting the videos working with a cheap dns service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Prime Video will be available in Ireland next month. This was announced yesterday

Advertisement