Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£50 off a £200 spend on selected items from Amazon Warehouse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Just to give an example:

I have in front of me a box, from an item bought via Warehouse as used - very good.

Item description as per order summary reads
    Condition: Used - Very Good
    Item will come repackaged. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

I have the box. The original box, not a repack. The box was resealed (so I presume previously opened) and has a couple of scuffs on attached labels, probably from being delivered, returned, and delivered to me. The internal contents were in factory bags, with all plastic covers attached, effectively brand new.

Based on the RRP, I saved over £10 on it (£36.99 new, £26.35 warehouse), and it is covered by Amazon's guarantee, so it could have been shipped right back if something was wrong.

While you may get a lemon, I would say 99% of warehouse stuff is perfectly fine to get, but only you can decide if the saving is worth the question mark over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I purchased an item in Amazon warehouse last week. It arrived yesterday. It was in very poor condition. And parts missing. Obvious from appearance that it was well used. Got on to refunds, they said to send it back, they refund price and postage. Great.
    Today I read dis30 post above, so decide to contact chat support. Within 5 mins they had refunded my money AND have a new version of my item being delivered. I will have it Monday. My item originally cost 175 euro, they are giving a new version to me for free!

Bargain.
    Well done Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Tinie wrote: »
    Yes but rarely in my experience its actually like they listed. I imagine stock pickers dont have the time nor patience when picking the item to make sure its the one you ordered

I suppose that makes sense. I only ordered one or two things from the warehouse in the past and have been lucky enough to get something that was almost new each time.

I've a computer monitor due in the next few days so we'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

bought from warehouse before, got something that was malfunctioning. its a hassle having to send back, as sometimes they dont give you the free post option. however, generally they are very good at refunding and can order other things.

apart from the slow delivery times, i have good things to say about amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Spipov wrote: »
    bought from warehouse before, got something that was malfunctioning. its a hassle having to send back, as sometimes they dont give you the free post option. however, generally they are very good at refunding and can order other things.

To be honest I think the last thing they want is to get their junk back in the warehouse, and they're more than happy to give out the cash and save the storage space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cheers OP, just got a cracking warehouse deal on an Optoma HD141X projector it was down as £351.75 with another £50 off! Rated very good condition and in original packaging so hopefully its not a dud.
    Bit sceptical as to will it be honoured as there was another listed as good for £423.

Fingers crossed, €350 for a 1080p 3d projector is not bad at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

rob316 wrote: »
    Cheers OP, just got a cracking warehouse deal on an Optoma HD141X projector it was down as £351.75 with another £50 off! Rated very good condition and in original packaging so hopefully its not a dud.
    Bit sceptical as to will it be honoured as there was another listed as good for £423.

have you got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

I bought a Benq w750 projector during the week which is about £450 new. With the £50 reduction it came to £247. It was described as like new. It was delivered yesterday via PW. All going well until I opened the Benq w750 box only to discover an ancient Hitachi projector covered in scratches. When I googled the model it had been out of production since 2005. This is the second time in recent months this has happened. Last August I purchased a like new dji phantom 3 pro and when I opened the box which had pro marked on it, there was a phantom 3 advanced inside of which the shell was all cracked.
    They don't seem to check items that are being returned very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I bought a Benq w750 projector during the week which is about £450 new. With the £50 reduction it came to £247. It was described as like new. It was delivered yesterday via PW. All going well until I opened the Benq w750 box only to discover an ancient Hitachi projector covered in scratches. When I googled the model it had been out of production since 2005. This is the second time in recent months this has happened. Last August I purchased a like new dji phantom 3 pro and when I opened the box which had pro marked on it, there was a phantom 3 advanced inside of which the shell was all cracked.
    They don't seem to check items that are being returned very well.
    Bought a nowtv smart box recently from them which was missing the 4 month movie pass.

They told me they check everything but then said if they are busy stuff can get missed and not checked! Hassle to return it and ended up buying from curry's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

Same here. I had my eye on the same projector. Browsing last night and saw that there was an added discount after midnight. Picked one up, delivered to parcel motel, for £288. Worked out at €335 using Revolut.

We'll see how it is when it arrives but, reading here, it seems that Amazon's customer service is pretty good in situations where the item isn't in great condition.

• Advertisement

Rega wrote: »
    Same here. I had my eye on the same projector. Browsing last night and saw that there was an added discount after midnight. Picked one up, delivered to parcel motel, for £288. Worked out at €335 using Revolut.

We'll see how it is when it arrives but, reading here, it seems that Amazon's customer service is pretty good in situations where the item isn't in great condition.

Oh wow, that's a brilliant price, maybe I should of waited another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just bought one for £308, poxy bargain alerts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

get on to customer service and ask for the difference or buy again and return the older one or at least threaten to!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

I think you got a good deal Rob. Only €15 difference between us. There aren't too many there at the price we got them. If the projectors we get are in good condition we've both done really well.

I think you got a good deal Rob. Only €15 difference between us. There aren't too many there at the price we got them. If the projectors we get are in good condition we've both done really well.

Oh ya I'm happy, I'll be happier if the condition is good. I got a TV before from them, the only problem was there was a huge deep slice in the original box, like someone unwrapped a pallet and cut into the box at the same time. Said it to customer care, the damage to the box was more than "a slight imperfection" and they were like you can send it back or I can refund you 20% of the purchase price. Took the 20% the box wasn't even opened :D

The rule of thumb with warehouse deals is find something wrong no matter how small and complain to customer care, you will get something off again if you ask. They don't want the product back so would rather keep you sweet.

Another thing is the reviews are good but they have a huge amount in these hd141x in warehouse deals constantly, makes me worry how good they are if they are getting so many returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

sweetie wrote:
    get on to customer service and ask for the difference or buy again and return the older one or at least threaten to!

Amazon have officially changed policy and they will no longer price match. I have been informed of this on two recent occasions and advised to send the item back and reorder at the new price which is stupid as amazon then incur return costs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sweetie wrote: »

Threatening is a possible way to get account suspended if you get a high up or grumpy chat rep. Its not worth it, as Amazon bans are tough to get around. They ban your actual address so you cant re register.

Oh ya I'm happy, I'll be happier if the condition is good. I got a TV before from them, the only problem was there was a huge deep slice in the original box, like someone unwrapped a pallet and cut into the box at the same time. Said it to customer care, the damage to the box was more than "a slight imperfection" and they were like you can send it back or I can refund you 20% of the purchase price. Took the 20% the box wasn't even opened :D

The rule of thumb with warehouse deals is find something wrong no matter how small and complain to customer care, you will get something off again if you ask. They don't want the product back so would rather keep you sweet.

Hmm ... I could swear that half my stuff is damaged... haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it's damaged!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm ... I could swear that half my stuff is damaged... haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it's damaged!

I think you should Google amazon ban accounts. Or check on HUKD. People have had account terminations for abuse of this, and theres no warning, its just banned and you cant ever use amazon again bar moving to a new address and having a new card. Your family accounts get banned also. Also any gift card or digital media you have is gone. Its actually more common than you think. They can see your account history like you can so see if your always getting partial refunds, and are encouraged to report accounts like these.

Dont come crying when your account is kapoot

• Advertisement

Digitalism wrote: »
    I think you should Google amazon ban accounts. Or check on HUKD. People have had account terminations for abuse of this, and theres no warning, its just banned and you cant ever use amazon again bar moving to a new address and having a new card. Your family accounts get banned also. Also any gift card or digital media you have is gone. Its actually more common than you think. They can see your account history like you can so see if your always getting partial refunds, and are encouraged to report accounts like these.

Dont come crying when your account is kapoot

Hmm clearly your sarcasm-detector is broken ;)

Saying that though, I will of course contact Amazon anytime I get damaged goods, no matter if it's every time. They usually ask you send it back anyway as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I presume you could plug a chromecast into one of these and it work no problem?

Advertisement