Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£50 off a £200 spend on selected items from Amazon Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Anyone spot any decent Warehouse deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone spot any decent Warehouse deals?

no, anything I was interested in is unavailable on warehouse atm

Playstation VR is 360 on de site but not giving me 50 off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

When items hit the warehouse a lot are now deliverable to Ireland than were not when they were new e.g. I got a roofbox in 100% condition earlier in the year delivered whereas they will not deliver the new one, the box was only massive.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has anyone seen any good TVs available with this offer?

Tusky wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any good TVs available with this offer?

no, think I'm gonna wait on Richer Sounds deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks, just got a Lumia 950 XL for about €270, was described as Item is in original packaging, but packaging will come damaged. It doesn't say anything about any other damage so hopefully it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

sweetie wrote: »
    no, anything I was interested in is unavailable on warehouse atm

Playstation VR is 360 on de site but not giving me 50 off.

This is a joke but you could buy it, scratch the box and return it. A lot of the warehouse stuff I've bought have been scratched boxes.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    This is a joke but you could buy it, scratch the box and return it. A lot of the warehouse stuff I've bought have been scratched boxes.

yeah but the weren't offering the 50 quid reduction on these

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Hi I just added a £245 TV but do not see the 50 off coming up in the basket?

delboy76 wrote: »
    Hi I just added a £245 TV but do not see the 50 off coming up in the basket?

When I bought something earlier it didn't take the discount off until after I selected the payment method, then it showed it before finalising payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks OP, just got a JBL Charge 3 for £88 (reduced from £129.99) plus lots of other things I had on my wishlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

For anyone who is availing of this and is just short of making up the £200 you get a slight "benefit" if you can call it that from the Irish VAT rate.

Example:
    The items in my basket added up to £199.69 but when I reviewed the basket and clicked the drop-down box to calculate shipping, VAT, etc. with my Irish address it upped the price to £200.44 and then applied the discount to bring it down to £150.44.

It's not huge but could save a couple of quid or get you over the line rather than buying needless small crap to make up the £200.

Apologies - double post.

But now that I think about it the VAT rate should make a few quid difference rather than a few pence.

Either way - double check if you are slightly under the magic number because it might still be ok.

For anyone who is availing of this and is just short of making up the £200 you get a slight "benefit" if you can call it that from the Irish VAT rate.

Example:
    The items in my basket added up to £199.69 but when I reviewed the basket and clicked the drop-down box to calculate shipping, VAT, etc. with my Irish address it upped the price to £200.44 and then applied the discount to bring it down to £150.44.

It's not huge but could save a couple of quid or get you over the line rather than buying needless small crap to make up the £200.

Weird I didn't think they delivered to Ireland with free postage from Warehouse Deals.

All the items I chose ended up costing about £30 in delivery, but perhaps due to the size/weight, so I had to Parcel Wizard them

I've done two orders in the last few days from warehouse. Both coming straight to my door.

First order was just a monitor on its own. Second was a whole lot of bric a brac - 8 items in total.

strange... anyway they made a mistake on my order and credited me €12 by accident so I guess I can use that to cover the Parcel Wizard prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Just a heads up re delivery - I signed up to prime and got free delivery from Amazon Warehouse to my parcel motel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Danick wrote: »
    Just a heads up re delivery - I signed up to prime and got free delivery from Amazon Warehouse to my parcel motel

Amazon warehouse always has free delivery, if you spend £20 or more I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks - good to know - I had just happened to sign up to prim in preparation for Black Friday so I thought that had something to do with the free postage - good to know that anything over 20 is free for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

it's £25 actually

• Advertisement

I signed up to Prime as well and I think this might be the reason I was being charged for delivery to Ireland.

But on the other hand was offered expedited delivery to UK.

I recall something about this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

the default option if not free, you need to change it manually

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I've had a watch on this Robot Vacuum for a while waiting for a good deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neato-Robotics-Botvac-Enabled-Cleaner/dp/B014J7N1KA/ref=lp_2441116031_1_1?srs=2441116031&ie=UTF8&qid=1479381557&sr=8-1

It's the Neato Robotics Botvac Connected, it's their top model and the main rival for the Roomba 980 which is about €1000

It's on sale for Black Friday at £440.

According to camelcamel that's practically the lowest it's ever been.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Neato-Robotics-Botvac-Enabled-Cleaner/product/B014J7N1KA?active=summary&utm_campaign=products&utm_source=camel-view-product&utm_medium=email&context=alerts_anon&ctx_pid=36370846&ctx_cid=40236644&ctx_aid=166417394&oelid=17C2J832C2R248C7A&ctx_act=product&ctx_src=chart

But that also means it's now reduced in the Amazon warehouse, it's £362 there at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B014J7N1KA/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

With £50 off any purchase over £200 that brings the price down to £312, Vat changes when you ship to Ireland so works out at £324 or around €375.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

dos30 wrote: »
    I've had a watch on this Robot Vacuum for a while waiting for a good deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neato-Robotics-Botvac-Enabled-Cleaner/dp/B014J7N1KA/ref=lp_2441116031_1_1?srs=2441116031&ie=UTF8&qid=1479381557&sr=8-1

It's the Neato Robotics Botvac Connected, it's their top model and the main rival for the Roomba 980 which is about €1000

It's on sale for Black Friday at £440.

According to camelcamel that's practically the lowest it's ever been.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Neato-Robotics-Botvac-Enabled-Cleaner/product/B014J7N1KA?active=summary&utm_campaign=products&utm_source=camel-view-product&utm_medium=email&context=alerts_anon&ctx_pid=36370846&ctx_cid=40236644&ctx_aid=166417394&oelid=17C2J832C2R248C7A&ctx_act=product&ctx_src=chart

But that also means it's now reduced in the Amazon warehouse, it's £362 there at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B014J7N1KA/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

With £50 off any purchase over £200 that brings the price down to £312, Vat changes when you ship to Ireland so works out at £324 or around €375.

Would ye recommend buying fro ware house....
    I was looking at a bean to cup machine "used" was the description.... could description mean that it was returned because it was faulty....

Or
    what exactly is the deal with ware house sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its fine buying from the warehouse but I'd always go for "Very Good" or "Like New" condition.

Also click read more to see if there's any cosmetic damage but a lot will come repackaged or with a damaged box once you go for Very Good or Like New condition.

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    I was looking at a bean to cup machine "used" was the description.... could description mean that it was returned because it was faulty....

Or

Here is a link to their explanation to the condition. Like xtal191 said click read more too, tells you exactly what condition it is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

gazzaman22 wrote: »

Or

I've had mixed experience with it, bought a few items that were described as

Condition: Used - Good - The item may come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the bottom or back of the item. Accessories may have cosmetic damage

But were brand new, all accessories in sealed original bags etc..

Bought a strimmer that was described as

Condition: Used - Very Good - Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the bottom or back of the item. Missing owner / user manual.

But had dry grass caked onto it and rusty screw heads. Contacted their online chat and got an additional 20% refunded from that.

the default option if not free, you need to change it manually

nah wasn't presented with that option which seems odd.

I'm an Amazon user for years now so know all the ins and outs :)

It's possible some of the Warehouse deals come via 3rd party sellers so that might explain it.

A tip is that for some items they have more than one version of it in the warehouse - if you click on "X used from £20.00" or whatever it will bring you to a list of all the ones available in the warehouse and you can read the condition description of each and select the one that you think is in the best shape!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

A tip is that for some items they have more than one version of it in the warehouse - if you click on "X used from £20.00" or whatever it will bring you to a list of all the ones available in the warehouse and you can read the condition description of each and select the one that you think is in the best shape!

Yes but rarely in my experience its actually like they listed. I imagine stock pickers dont have the time nor patience when picking the item to make sure its the one you ordered

Advertisement