Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm just going to put this out there for the fellow society members. I had to look a few times, just to make sure it was'n anyone we know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

The spit of him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ballyk

Hi lads and ladies,

Ballykisteen are holding a society only qualifier for their Pro-Am that takes place on Tuesday 9th of May in advance of the first ever visit of the EuroPro tour to the course. The cost is €75 for a team of 3 and the price includes dinner after the golf. You can play any weekday in April.

It might be a good chance to check out the course before we play it later in the year and also a way to get to play in a Pro-Am. There is no restriction on the number of teams entered from our society. If people want to enter a team in the qualifier let me know and I can arrange or put you in touch with the course manager.

ballyk

25 quid is a great deal for dinner and golf

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭a post punk

Who are the bets on for the masters lads?? Bad luck for DJ :(

• Advertisement

Are people getting Teamer invite notifications through the app?

all I am getting is an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭paulos53

I got both

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Both for me

I got both also. Obviously we're not playing at 2am on the 20th though! :D

Text and email. I haven't got the app downloaded.

both as in text and email?

or app push notifications and email?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got text from app (push notification) and email Seve.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

text and email

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Got email and app notification

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭paulos53

Email and App notification for me

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Break80

Email and app for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

What's the app , where do I get it, is it easy to set up?

levitronix wrote: »
    What's the app , where do I get it, is it easy to set up?

it's called teamer, just search the App Store and install

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Seve OB wrote: »
    it's called teamer, just search the App Store and install

Can you get that up in the stix

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Played Ballykisteen today, course was the best I've ever seen it, they have really pulled out all the stops for the Europro event on Wednesday. Greens were fantastic. That mess on the 10th tee is still there though. Looking forward to playing again in June.

I was at the final day of the EuroPro tour event in Ballykisteen today. The course was in superb condition. The 13th tee box was directly in line with the fairway so no issues with the net.

Scoring was very good with the title going to Sam Robertshawe who shot 7 under today to win by one from Dermot McElroy of Ballymena and Sean Lawrie. Unfortunately McElroy 3 putted the last to miss out on a playoff.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the course over the weekend to enjoy the tournament conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

ballyk wrote: »
    I was at the final day of the EuroPro tour event in Ballykisteen today. The course was in superb condition. The 13th tee box was directly in line with the fairway so no issues with the net.

Scoring was very good with the title going to Sam Robertshawe who shot 7 under today to win by one from Dermot McElroy of Ballymena and Sean Lawrie. Unfortunately McElroy 3 putted the last to miss out on a playoff.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the course over the weekend to enjoy the tournament conditions.

Any chance they will leave the tee box there on a permanent basis BallyK? It really takes from what is a nice little hole when not stuck in the corner.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Any chance they will leave the tee box there on a permanent basis BallyK? It really takes from what is a nice little hole when not stuck in the corner.

Very unlikely I'd say. I played last Sunday and it was back in the usual place. I imagine their hands are tied with the legal issue. Not sure how they got a dispensation for the EuroProTour event.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

Hi guys is it to late to join this year's society group?

jamok wrote: »
    Hi guys is it to late to join this year's society group?

No, not at all. You would be more than welcome to join. Our next outing is in Ballykisteen on the 17th of June. Send me your details via PM on your contact information and I can set you up on teamer to receive notification of the events. Also if you can give me an idea of your golfing ability (GUI handicap, society handicap, experience etc.) that would be great so we can get an idea of what an appropriate handicap would be for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Hi Captain

Just wondering if anything had been discussed accommodation wise for captains day yet?

Hi Captain

Just wondering if anything had been discussed accommodation wise for captains day yet?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been snowed under the last few weeks. We have some accommodation booked in the Hotel Killarney at €65 per person. It would be very helpful if people who are intending to stay over could let us know in advance. I'm happy for people to pm me, confirm here or at the Kilkenny event.

Lads, anyone coming to Kilkenny and who plans to stay over at captains day, please bring hotel deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'll fix you up with a room deposit! Cheers for organising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Not making it to kilkenny but will be at captains.

If you want to PM me bank details i can send a payment on for the amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭a post punk

ballyk wrote: »
    Hi Captain

Sorry for the late reply, I've been snowed under the last few weeks. We have some accommodation booked in the Hotel Killarney at €65 per person. It would be very helpful if people who are intending to stay over could let us know in advance. I'm happy for people to pm me, confirm here or at the Kilkenny event.
    I'm not sure if I'll make it next weekend with our captains prize but if I can play it Friday I'll be there Saturday. I'll take a place at the hotel aswell for the captains prize Bally k I can bank transfer the money if you want?

Advertisement