Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steorn morons out of business

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I predict this thread is going to go on and on and on and on and on...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mordeith wrote: »
    I predict this thread is going to go on and on and on and on and on...

And its free

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cowboys Ted, they're a bunch of cowboys.
    It's far far worse than that.

It just confirms what the international community have suspected about our lax regulation. Probably scared off a lot of inward investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's far far worse than that.

It just confirms what the international community have suspected about our lax regulation. Probably scared off a lot of inward investment.

Lax regulation of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Does no-one believe in magic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

That kit would be deadly for a home brewery, any idea if they're flogging it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Lax regulation of what?

Cowboys, Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

It's so shocking that they were able to continue for so long. Did the investors not consult anybody with a science/engineering background before committing to fund? There's other businesses that manage to continue claiming a 'novel' technology that doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny. Magnetising water anybody?

http://extension.psu.edu/natural-resources/water/drinking-water/water-testing/water-treatment/magnetic-water-treatment-devices

https://www.waterforlife.net.au/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Lax regulation of what?

The laws of physics. It's essential that we establish a strong regulatory environment, with political oversight, to ensure nobody can ever again break the laws of thermodynamics.

We'll be a laughing-stock internationally if foreign investors can't come here and create employment, with confidence that the laws of physics will be strictly enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

I'm shocked at how little scrutiny this company was put through during its lifespan from the perspective of whether they were defrauding investors or not.

I came across very few negative words said about them in the Irish mainstream media. I don't recall Irish Skeptics saying anything about them at all. They didn't face any real scrutiny in the tiny Prime Time segment that aired after they were liquidated.

Circa 2006 or so, McCarthy was even featured in a TV3 programme listing out the top n of Ireland's most innovative/promising young people.

Where is the investigation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭skankkuvhima

Uh-huh.Uh-huh. That's whatever you were talking about for ya.

Advertisement