Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Uriel. wrote: »
    Unless we have Tigger, which of course we don't. :(

Tigger has probably logged off because he has us all figured out - even those that haven't posted yet :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Whooop whooop. The past two weeks in work have been far too productive without a game of WW going on.

Happy to be back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So there's no Lynch tonight and by the looks of it no slaughter in the morning. What info will we have to go on tomorrow night for the Lynch if there's no kill tomorrow?

As for the tasks, they mentioned the number 5 will hold relevance in the game so keep an eye on that and they could possibly be things like trumpisms like make America Greta again but unfortunately a few have already done that so impossible to spot now.

Jayop wrote: »
    So there's no Lynch tonight and by the looks of it no slaughter in the morning. What info will we have to go on tomorrow night for the Lynch if there's no kill tomorrow?

So that's two random enough lynches. If the first two lynched are villagers than it's 10-5 which will certainly favour Trump and his entourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sullivlo wrote: »
    Whooop whooop. The past two weeks in work have been far too productive without a game of WW going on.

Happy to be back :)

i was flat out in work the last 2 weeks with income tax, deadline day was yesterday so this game is starting at the perfect time for me. quite enough now on the run up to xmas. perfect time for a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

As for the tasks, they mentioned the number 5 will hold relevance in the game so keep an eye on that and they could possibly be things like trumpisms like make America Greta again but unfortunately a few have already done that so impossible to spot now.

Today is a soft opening to allow the newbies to the game to get a feel for it. Would have been crap if one of them died without getting to post/play properly. The werewolves will still be around tomorrow to kill tomorrow night.

Just enjoy some peaceful time getting to know each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

they could possibly be things like trumpisms like make America Greta again but unfortunately a few have already done that so impossible to spot now.

Who is this greta person and what role do you think they have? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Nopeare wrote: »
    No first lynch is tomorrow evening then the munch after.

Which actually I was just thinking about, considering we have a bit of a lead in till the first lynch can we all agree by the end of today the process we are going to follow for the lynch. Races etc but lets get it sorted and make sure we don't have the same unorganised starts of the others.

Totally agree, we always start off arguing during the lynch how we should choose are lynch process

So we should discuss this now

1. Lynch race - run 2/3 people for voting based on suspicions given by the other villagers - this is the most simple way of doing it, in past games it doesn't work at the start but provides data towards the end of the game this option is more for the long run without instant results

2. Vote for who you think is a wolf without telling the village - leaves the Wolf's uncertain on how to approach lynching which could provide mistakes and tells, dangerous from a villagers point of view as the village could lynch a roled player on their team without given them the chance to convince the village of their innocence

3. Each player interviews each other with a bunch of general questions or questioning posts they have made to find any tells or mistakes - could be hard to pull off with some players not being as active but could also lead to valuable information by getting information from posters that would not be there without this method

If anyone has any other ways to play the lynch let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Oooh!

*eyes Jayop suspiciously...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Oooh!

*eyes Jayop suspiciously...

Thankfully mod confirmed spelling mistakes will not be tasks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Guffy

crosstownk wrote: »
    So that's two random enough lynches. If the first two lynched are villagers than it's 10-5 which will certainly favour Trump and his entourage.

True but at least we have a chance of getting a wolf this way. Rather than a guaranteed villager munch to open things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Today is a soft opening to allow the newbies to the game to get a feel for it. Would have been crap if one of them died without getting to post/play properly. The werewolves will still be around tomorrow to kill tomorrow night.

Just enjoy some peaceful time getting to know each other.

So is there a wolf kill tomorrow as in Saturday morning?

andy125 wrote: »
    Totally agree, we always start off arguing during the lynch how we should choose are lynch process

1. Lynch race - run 2/3 people for voting based on suspicions given by the other villagers - this is the most simple way of doing it, in past games it doesn't work at the start but provides data towards the end of the game this option is more for the long run without instant results

2. Vote for who you think is a wolf without telling the village - leaves the Wolf's uncertain on how to approach lynching which could provide mistakes and tells, dangerous from a villagers point of view as the village could lynch a roled player on their team without given them the chance to convince the village of their innocence

3. Each player interviews each other with a bunch of general questions or questioning posts they have made to find any tells or mistakes - could be hard to pull off with some players not being as active but could also lead to valuable information by getting information from posters that would not be there without this method

Are 1 and 3 not essentially the same? Either way my preference would be for 3, but if we have solid reasons (other than post count) i don't mind racing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Make sure to put up different players also for races also. Jay was up every time against a random. Which didnt work out well. Make sure to involve the less active posters in the races also to get a feel for how they react. Basically, the opposite of game 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Good morning everyone!! Hope we are well.

So is there a wolf kill tomorrow as in Saturday morning?

From the OP

Game play will start on Friday with a soft opening with no lynch on Friday evening or a munch on Friday night/Saturday. The first Seer peek will be on Friday night after the close of 8.59PM

The first Lynch will be on Saturday night and the first munch after that through the night time phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Good morning everyone!! Hope we are well.

very good morning (or afternoon now?)mr* valeyard. i am well, are you well?

*apologies if its a mrs

very good morning (or afternoon now?)mr* valeyard. i am well, are you well?

*apologies if its a mrs

Good morning, tis a Mr. Well, last time I checked.

Should we have gotten an email about roles yet? Cause at the moment I dont exist it seems.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Are 1 and 3 not essentially the same? Either way my preference would be for 3, but if we have solid reasons (other than post count) i don't mind racing people.

1 is more general while 3 is specicallly targeting each poster 1 by 1 and then running 2 or lynching one stand out candidate

1 is more general while 3 is specicallly targeting each poster 1 by 1 and then running 2 or lynching one stand out candidate

• Advertisement

Should we have gotten an email about roles yet? Cause at the moment I dont exist it seems.

Check your PMs, role should be there.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Check your PMs, role should be there.

Cheers, will have a look now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Haha i considered asking you which wolfey role you got this time!

Of the two i prefer 3. I don't think there is any value in going for 1. Also i think that racing people allows the wolves to hide in a majority.

This could be a good approach for the reasons that you outline and makes a change from the race scenarios of previous games. Whether it's for the best is unkown but we'll see.
    Make sure to put up different players also for races also. Jay was up every time against a random. Which didnt work out well. Make sure to involve the less active posters in the races also to get a feel for how they react. Basically, the opposite of game 2.

If we do decide on a race then I agree - no point in constantly putting up the same player day after day because if we're going to that route then we might as well lynch the 'constant' candidate and be done with it now. Different candidates and we can analyse their defence.

Of the two i prefer 3. I don't think there is any value in going for 1. Also i think that racing people allows the wolves to hide in a majority.

... sorry i can't edit. I think everyone should have to put up a reason for who they voted too. I think thats the best way to flush out the badies. Even if its "early days random vote" votes are public and should be backed by a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Trouble with 3 is when somebody is asked "Have you a role?". Are they not immediately a target for the munch? OTOH, they're also a candidate for protection.

Which trumps the other?... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Right I think it is between 3 systems then. Also I couldn't see it in the original post will the mods be publishing votes?

Free vote - Post reasoning on thread
    Free vote - No reasoning on thread (post reasons post vote)
    Race

I actually wouldn't mind a mix, have a free vote for the first 1/2 nights maybe with no reasons as you will might see some grouping then move to races and watch patterns.

degrassinoel
    y0ssar1an22
    andy125
    Deleted User
    tritium
    cee_jay
    Mollyb60 - Free Vote with reason
    Nopeare
    The_Valeyard
    crosstownk
    Stoogie
    AnLachaCorcra
    CDaly - noob
    Grumpylumpy
    Jayop
    Uriel
    Mahamageehad
    Suffering Golfer
    Paddy Cow
    Gufc21 - Free Vote with reason
    Barney92
    Sullivlo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Trouble with 3 is when somebody is asked "Have you a role?". Are they not immediately a target for the munch? OTOH, they're also a candidate for protection.

Which trumps the other?... :P

That's fair, but tbh i wasnt forecasting for peop to be that silly... there are def negatives for each one in isolation. Thats why personally i think an open vote supported with a reason is best. Allow people to put arguments forward in order to sway people but two people randomly raced, as i have said in other games, isn't my favorite.

I mean if we have two hot favourites for the lynch, then sure, but i think picking someone for the sake of it is dangerous and uninformative. What if we pick Hilary by mistake? That being said we have the same chance of accidently selecting trump i think....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Im fine with the idea of races but i think we should agree and then use the time we have to lynch trying to make some reasonable inference on who to race. Maybe set a cutoff for agreeing race candidates of 3bhours before lynch

My thinking is while a starting munch is usually more random than others a starting lynch need not be. There should be information seeping out that we can use, we just need to spot it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement