Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Lios67 wrote: »
    39.14 Dairygold

What solids? great price, cent and a bit ahead of me. Bf is my main issue

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What are strathroy paying atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lios67

3.94 bf 3.59 pr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

whelan2 wrote: »
    What are strathroy paying atm?

Don't know but usually 1c ahead of glanbia

I've heard from a few ppl in the last while that they too are tight for processing capacity at peak

May 21

42.4cpl
    4.31 bf
    3.88pr

Vs

May 20
    33.96 cpl
    4.24 bf
    3.74pr

Quite a substantial difference in what total value of both milk cheques were!
    Costs are up between meal and fert so well needed!

• Advertisement

May 21

42.4cpl
    4.31 bf
    3.88pr

Vs

May 20
    33.96 cpl
    4.24 bf
    3.74pr

Excellent figures, well done

May 21

42.4cpl
    4.31 bf
    3.88pr

Vs

May 20
    33.96 cpl
    4.24 bf
    3.74pr

Excellent figures, well done

3.69 bf, 3.59p 85scc 37.94. Big improvement on last year but an extra circa 1800 spent on meal on the same month. Dairygold and glanbia could well do with upping the base price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭straight

Everybody seems to love talking about percentages and cents per litre. But what about how many kgms per cow. Low percentages and cents here due to the dilution effect of high litres. It probably all works out to be the same thing in the end.
    Also I think it's gas that every supplier seems to expect the farmer to protect their margins. Man told me recently his contractor couldn't give him a price for first cut until he works it out at the end of the season. 15% dairy nuts @ 315 per ton. 18-6-12 @ 395 per ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭jaymla627

straight wrote: »
    Everybody seems to love talking about percentages and cents per litre. But what about how many kgms per cow. Low percentages and cents here due to the dilution effect of high litres. It probably all works out to be the same thing in the end.
    Also I think it's gas that every supplier seems to expect the farmer to protect their margins. Man told me recently his contractor couldn't give him a price for first cut until he works it out at the end of the season. 15% dairy nuts @ 315 per ton. 18-6-12 @ 395 per ton.

Contractor pulled the above on us one year and decided to up rates by 20 euro a acre when doing final bill, came to a few extra k on bill, havent used him since, was getting the guts of 30k a years work up to that

• Advertisement

On the solids, my BF figures for the year have matched what the ebi predicts so have been breeding to improve it. This years first calvers have higher than the herd average bf so slowly getting there. P much more a grass issue, always have a drop in June so must work better in that front, obv weather this year has made it difficult but has happened most other years as well.

Dad was very focused on solids his whole career milking and I'm lucky to have them
    I've been putting some milk back into the herd the last 5 years or so
    Starting to see the returns now

Me personally I would prefer the way we have it than have lower solids abd milkier cows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What difference is there in management of high volume low solids versus low volume high solid if both have equal amount of solids .I presume they both need the same maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

I regularly have the same argument here. At 3.53/3.44 solids, I'm not far off the bottom 10%. But on the whole, I got €359 per cow for the month with €59 going to the feed merchant. That sounds better to me, don't know how it would relate to other people. But that's the metric I choose to use anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

All about kgms sold ,cent litre is the past I’ve a preference for high volume good% and about 620 kgms out the gate I also want a saleable calf and good cull cow value ,far from just beer money .fertility has to be a cornerstone too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I regularly have the same argument here. At 3.53/3.44 solids, I'm not far off the bottom 10%. But on the whole, I got €359 per cow for the month with €59 going to the feed merchant. That sounds better to me, don't know how it would relate to other people. But that's the metric I choose to use anyway

Our milk cheque is on kg fat plus kg protein and a minus for water …..not %fat + % protein

Makes much more sense. I'd say the co-ops love to hear lads delighted with their cents per litre. Bottom line divided by number of cows here or kgms per cow per day.

Makes much more sense. I'd say the co-ops love to hear lads delighted with their cents per litre. Bottom line divided by number of cows here or kgms per cow per day.

Sure tis no different than lads being delighted with there litres
    I was just showing the difference in milk price received with the milk price increase aswell as the solids for similar litres to last may

We sold just short of 550kg last year
    Running a bit a head of themselves over sane tike last year, if they do 550 again I'll be happy

Sure tis no different than lads being delighted with there litres
    I was just showing the difference in milk price received with the milk price increase aswell as the solids for similar litres to last may

We sold just short of 550kg last year
    Running a bit a head of themselves over sane tike last year, if they do 550 again I'll be happy

I didn't mean anything against your point in particular. I do have a thing about lads being happy with cents per litre though when it's all earned and deserved. The milk price should be double if you ask me. I know it feels good to achieve great results same as me with my litres, its what keeps us all going. Ya, cows are flying. An old lad said to me the other day it'll balance out before the year is up.

38.92 3.89 bf. 3.59 pr dairygold

• Advertisement

Got a letter in the post today from the national milk agency. It's a ballot paper. 4 names on it. Don't know any of them. Not even a county of where they're from. Vote 1,2,3,4....it doesn't even say what you're voting for them to do. Another sheet of paper telling you to put the ballot sheet in an envelope and post it back. Anyone know what it's about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭green daries

Election for a producers representative I think it is the names are the four candidates candidate two is outgoing rep

They could have sent a cover letter explaining the situation. We are not all in the know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭green daries

Ya Whelan it is very badly done out I had almost thrown it in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Wrong thread

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

Dairygold up 0.5c to 35.6 base incl Vat. 0.65 sustainability and quality bonus added if met after solids adjustment then.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭raindodger

kerry pay the leading price of 35c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

How are kerry getting away with paying the poorest milk price in Ireland all year are they going to top up at the end of year ,they are some joke to be dealing with

• Advertisement

Where is all this money we're owed for them not fulfilling their side of the contract. We should be getting interest on it at this stage.

Advertisement