Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Maori 11-11-2016

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭budhabob

Impressed with the munster performance, back 3 and the backrow in particular were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭phog

Got to watch just now, very impressed with the performance, a few errors here & there but if you look at who wasn't available to us and then look at the result you'd have to be happy.

There was mention earlier in the thread about our scrum, having rewatched the game again I haven't changed my opinion that I held during the game, the scrum was not a concern. I think there was one towards the end of the game where they got a shove on our scrum but other than that we had little to be worried about. I forgot to do a count of the free kicks & penalties we won at scrum time but I remember two of each being awarded to us.

I hope John Madigan can string a few games together this season, he's a huge guy and put in a few big hits on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Since Anthony Foley's tragic passing Munster have been playing like men possessed. It's almost like every game is in tribute to him.
    I believe if they continue in this vein that they will do the double over Leicester and so reverse last season's defeats. Their international contingent are playing on a similar level for Ireland also. Last Friday's result shouldn't be underestimated given the opposition and the fact that Munster were weakened due to international call ups.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Since Anthony Foley's tragic passing Munster have been playing like men possessed. It's almost like every game is in tribute to him.
    I believe if they continue in this vein that they will do the double over Leicester and so reverse last season's defeats. Their international contingent are playing on a similar level for Ireland also. Last Friday's result shouldn't be underestimated given the opposition and the fact that Munster were weakened due to international call ups.

You have to think that The players eventually will hit a barrier with regards to Foley. Leicester could just as easily be the team where that happens.

Last friday for Munster was good but the Maori were brutal.

Adbrowne wrote: »
    You have to think that The players eventually will hit a barrier with regards to Foley. Leicester could just as easily be the team where that happens.

Last friday for Munster was good but the Maori were brutal.

Last Friday saw a Munster team that will not compete for Munster in a European game bar a huge injury crisis.

We were missing most of our pack, our play maker in Murray (I'll exclude Bleyendaal from the missing list as some here still think it's too early to judge him), Zebo and Earls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Peter McCabe came on for James Cronin after 20 odd mins to make his second ever appearance... and their TH was a monster.

The match is on Eir Sport 1 now

Some photos from the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭leakyboots

NZ Maori beat Harlequins 26-10 last night

leakyboots wrote: »

Were we the only team to beat them in this tour?

I know they beat the USA before us and then beat Harlequins but had they other games on this tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

phog wrote:
    Were we the only team to beat them in this tour?

Yes. They had an unbeaten run of something like 20 games before the Munster game including playing some senior international sides and the B&I Lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

leakyboots wrote: »
    Was this match on Sky Sports last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Interesting comparison, and how acceptance of race identity in sport, while played at the time - and not so long ago - in a good spirit, moves on, and is an indicator of societal progress.
    Does it suggest NZ is 40 years behind a still far from racially equal England ? Kinda.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/25/black-v-white-football-west-bromwich-albion-players

Interesting comparison, and how acceptance of race identity in sport, while played at the time - and not so long ago - in a good spirit, moves on, and is an indicator of societal progress.
    Does it suggest NZ is 40 years behind a still far from racially equal England ? Kinda.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/25/black-v-white-football-west-bromwich-albion-players

No, it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

"racially equal England"

Advertisement