Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withings Activite Steel Smartwatch €100

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

Smarter watch...not a smart watch but great for the price !!

How to get free extra strap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I've had one since they were first released. It's great. It's basically a discreet activity tracker in a watch that doesn't need charging every fecking night. They say the battery lasts 8 months, I'm slightly past that already and there's no sign of it needing changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

rowdy_rr wrote: »
    How to get free extra strap ?

if you go through the order process it asks you to pick another strap. It says they cost €30, but when you apply the offer code it knocks the total price down to €100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Am I right that you don't need to have bluetooth on all the time with this - just when you want to sync it every 36 hours? So it should not have a negative effect on your phone's battery right?

Looks nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I can't seem to add the black face watch to the basket.

It keeps adding a white face instead.

Is this happening to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Rega

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't seem to add the black face watch to the basket.

It keeps adding a white face instead.

Is this happening to anyone else?

It worked fine for me just now

Am I right that you don't need to have bluetooth on all the time with this - just when you want to sync it every 36 hours? So it should not have a negative effect on your phone's battery right?

Looks nice.

Correct, just open the app and hit sync. The watch can store five days worth of data, so you don't even have to sync it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great Price.

Still no confirmation email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Great Price.

Still no confirmation email though.

You pay with PayPal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You pay with PayPal?

Yeah PayPal.

Normally get email straight away after a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah PayPal.

Normally get email straight away after a purchase.

Could be that the transaction didn't go through. The process was unusual in that you log into PayPal but then have to go back to the Withings site to select the shipping method and finalise the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Thanks OP, this is great deal.

I've had the Activite Pop model since Feb 2015 and I've only put in my second battery replacement a few months ago.
    I've gotten about the advertised 8 months battery out of it, maybe a little longer.

The watch automatically syncs to your phone periodically when bluetooth is on, or if you open the Withings Healthmate app it will also do a sync. This is based on my experience with Android. It's quite good as a sleeping tracker and step counter.

I use it frequently for swimming as well, 2 - 3 times a week so it's definitely fine for use in the pool. The swimming tracking isn't the best or most detailed though. You have to be swimming continuously for five minutes before it starts to register and it only tracks time / calorie count for that duration. So it can be spotty if you are doing reps in the pool.

The inner dial can be adjusted within the app to set your own step count target for a day. The default is 10,000. Once you reach it the dial resets back to zero and starts counting the next 10k. But you can lower or raise this target amount as I said to whatever suits you best.

You can set an alarm as well. It doesn't ring but the watch face will start vibrating when it goes off. You can double or triple tap and glass face of the watch to check when the alarm is set for without having to use your phone. the hands will spin to the hour/min for the alarm time and then revert back to the current time.

If you're flying between time zones the watch automatically adjusts to that time zone once your phone picks up the local time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Good deal OP, was about to buy, when I saw its only 36.5mm, a little small for me.

Thanks OP - actually ordered the pink Activite Pop instead as it seems to be good price on amazon at £64?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0141G7MJ0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks OP - actually ordered the pink Activite Pop instead as it seems to be good price on amazon at £64?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0141G7MJ0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Looking forward to trying it out!

For the sake of the 30 Euro I'd go for the steel. The pop feels super flimsy to me.

Thanks Oafley - the colour was attracting me tbh :D

There doesn't seem much between them on paper but I cancelled and will go for the steel instead to be on the safe side:
    https://withings.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204437327-What-is-the-difference-between-the-different-Withings-watches-

Wish they did it in pink though :(

Thanks Oafley - the colour was attracting me tbh :D

There doesn't seem much between them on paper but I cancelled and will go for the steel instead to be on the safe side:
    https://withings.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204437327-What-is-the-difference-between-the-different-Withings-watches-

Wish they did it in pink though :(

That's an odd spec sheet because the pop was definitely a plastic case. I actually really wanted the sand coloured one. But it just felt so plasticy and cheap when I got hands on. The original activite isnt surprisingly that much nicer than the steel; even with the lovely leather strap, the sapphire glass and Swiss quartz movement, I think the Steel represents great value over the originals massive premium. Nobodies going to mistake it for a Nomos, but it doesn't feel like a cheap toy either.

Cool, thanks again Oafley. Good to get feedback from somebody who has actually seen it in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Cheers OP.

I have now saved money by buying something else that I didn't know I needed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Cheers OP.

I have now saved money by buying something else that I didn't know I needed!!!

Well you spent €100 and saved €100, so they cancel each other out surely? That's the way I justify it to myself anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Thanks OP. Have been deliberating to buy a Fitbit or similar. Glad I have held off so far as this is so much nicer and very good value.
    Have ordered one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Digiby wrote: »
    Thanks OP, this is great deal.

I've had the Activite Pop model since Feb 2015 and I've only put in my second battery replacement a few months ago.
    I've gotten about the advertised 8 months battery out of it, maybe a little longer.

The watch automatically syncs to your phone periodically when bluetooth is on, or if you open the Withings Healthmate app it will also do a sync. This is based on my experience with Android. It's quite good as a sleeping tracker and step counter.

I use it frequently for swimming as well, 2 - 3 times a week so it's definitely fine for use in the pool. The swimming tracking isn't the best or most detailed though. You have to be swimming continuously for five minutes before it starts to register and it only tracks time / calorie count for that duration. So it can be spotty if you are doing reps in the pool.

The inner dial can be adjusted within the app to set your own step count target for a day. The default is 10,000. Once you reach it the dial resets back to zero and starts counting the next 10k. But you can lower or raise this target amount as I said to whatever suits you best.

You can set an alarm as well. It doesn't ring but the watch face will start vibrating when it goes off. You can double or triple tap and glass face of the watch to check when the alarm is set for without having to use your phone. the hands will spin to the hour/min for the alarm time and then revert back to the current time.

If you're flying between time zones the watch automatically adjusts to that time zone once your phone picks up the local time.

Why did you buy this over something like a pebble steel?

I think this withings looks nice but it's a bit lacking in smart functionality. So why did you go for this instead?

beauf wrote: »
    Why did you buy this over something like a pebble steel?

I think this withings looks nice but it's a bit lacking in smart functionality. So why did you go for this instead?

8 month battery life at a minimum. It's an activity tracker, not a smart watch. I bought mine kind of as a reaction to the Apple Watch I bought my wife last Christmas. I just wanted something that was elegant and did something excellently. I thought the Apple Watch was a mess back then. It's improved quite a lot with watchOS 3, but honestly most of what smart watches do are solutions looking for problems. I've no mass on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its a tracker not a watch. I get what you mean. I was thinking it was a watch first.

I am holding off....will buy gear s2 once gear s3 is launched.... this is a good item but does not replace need of a smart watch !!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭HeadWrecked93

Anyone get the code to work today, doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

rowdy_rr wrote: »
    I am holding off....will buy gear s2 once gear s3 is launched.... this is a good item but does not replace need of a smart watch !!

Definitely not a smartwatch indeed, but I think it's a good idea you want "fitbit functions" minus "fitbit show off".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Anyone get the code to work today, doesn't work for me

Just tried it now its not working :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Not working for me, anyone see something similar, love the idea of a nice understated looking watch with the capabilities.

Advertisement