Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh v Ulster match thread

Options
124»

Comments

The only way Ulster are making any forward gains is through chips. No faith in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The only way Ulster are making any forward gains is through chips. No faith in the pack.

Did you our BS flanker Joyce get marched back 5 yards on his own ball. The pack are crap.

Why did Piutau kick that away?

I've said it a few times but Luke Marshall's passing game is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ulster don't deserve a losing bonus. Commentators should stop whining.

• Administrators Posts: 53,567 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

More than a few lads should never play for Ulster again.

Doak, Clarke, gone tomorrow please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Brutal. The narrowing of score only came when game was over and there was a definite sense of the referee helping Ulster along a little with some iffy calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Looked like a knockon for the try. Didn't see that earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Completely one eyed punditry regarding the TMO call.

Buer wrote: »
    Brutal. The narrowing of score only came when game was over and there was a definite sense of the referee helping Ulster along a little with some iffy calls.

I don't agree on the referee bit.

However yes Edinburgh weren't playing with the same intensity but Marshall at 9, Pienaar at 10 and Stockdale at 13 provided a lot more pace and direction.

I don't want to see Windsor or Joyce again and Herron needs to go learn his trade with the A's or whatever club side he plays for as he isn't ready yet.

I want some forwards who would die for the cause. They don't have to be most skilful players in the world. But tonight is an example of where I'd take a guy who may not be technically as good as someone but will actually show a bit of heart.

I remember in 2014, Leinster lost twice to Munster, drew with Treviso and had a bunch of other poor performances but it was the two losses to Dragons where I thought that the province needed serious change. That home loss to Dragons was very similar to Ulsters performance tonight. The energy levels and body language of the team were all, all wrong.

The late scores were great but realistically only for Pienaar making low chance high risk chips that bounced just right it would have been an ugly scoreline. Ulster had no way through a defence that is not really regarded as anything special.

The Ulster players need to come together at this point and ensure that they give away no more easy points. The coaching ticket doesn't appear to be working either and I suspect it won't last the season unless things really turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 lucky_luke

I thought I'd watch the Ulster game because "hey they've got some exciting attacking players it'll be a game of good and hands and some sweet tries" How wrong was I.

I really wish someone in the IRFU would have the balls to say look we made a mistake you can keep Pienaar. Such a class player, quick with the ball and he always looks so calm even if the ruck is a mess and he's about to be tackled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I blame Nucifora.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

lucky_luke wrote: »
    I thought I'd watch the Ulster game because "hey they've got some exciting attacking players it'll be a game of good and hands and some sweet tries" How wrong was I.

I really wish someone in the IRFU would have the balls to say look we made a mistake you can keep Pienaar. Such a class player, quick with the ball and he always looks so calm even if the ruck is a mess and he's about to be tackled.

That's papering over the larger issue, which is that Ulster simply cannot develop talent outside of 2 or 3 positions. They had Pienaar out there today. Fat lot of good that did them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster have an embarrassment of riches in the backrow and front row. Nucifora can only do so much but he really needs to try and move a few up north. Not joking when I say Leinster's 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th choice backrows would all be starters in Ulster's strongest side. Assuming Hendo goes in the row of course.

Advertisement