Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some inspirational quotes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

The possible ranks higher than the actual."

My recovery must come first, so that everything and everyone I love in life doesn't have to come last.

''Ive lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened''..

"Accept who you were. Know who you are. Believe in who you can be..."

• Advertisement

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit..."

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

We are all different & special, So we do not attempt to become like somebody else but connect deeply wit our true self's.

"My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades".

I don't have all the answers, no one does. I'm just pointing out what worked for me and others who I've talked to. A possibility of relapse is in everyones future, but I choose to believe that my want to stay sober will overpower any want or need to drink.

• Advertisement

Surrendering control is always about the surrendering of our ego, the very thing that got us into problems in the first place.

"Experience the unknown. The thing with new experiences is that it turns either good or bad. *You have a good one? That’s great! Had a bad one? You will end up learning from it and at the end improve yourself as a person..."

"Everyone has a demon. It's what you do with it that matters..."

Time and space - time to be alone, space to move about - these may well become the great scarcities of tomorrow."

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny..."

"If you’re chasing your dream, you’re not running fast enough, run faster..."

Where sense fails us , reason must step in.

"The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others.

If you can't do great big things, do great little things.

"I like whiskey. I always did, and that is why I never drink it..."

• Advertisement

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing...

"The Demon whispered in my ear, “You’re not strong enough to withstand the storm.” I whispered in the Demon’s ear, “I am the storm...”

Quitting and staying quit isn’t easy, it’s learning a whole new way of thinking. It’s accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...

Today is your own, Tomorrow perchance may never come.

Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee.

Reach for the Stars.

You dont need to be grateful, you just need to accept, you cant change who they are, you can only change yourself.

Here's to 2017 folks . may it be a good one in the way that you want , its in your control.

In the new year, I will live one day at a time, I will make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will not dwell on the past or the future, only on the present,

I will bury every fear of the future, all thoughts of unkindness & bitterness, all my dislikes, my resentments, my sense of failure, my disappointment's in others and in my self, my gloom and my despondency.

I will leave all these things buried & go forward in this new year into a new life.

• Advertisement

"Be proud of who you are, and not ashamed of how someone else sees you..."

Advertisement