Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVR €368 at Amazon and tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"not in stock". Amazon are usually very good about this sort of thing but there could be a chance of different SKU coming back in stock at a different price. So Tesco would be a safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

L1011 wrote: »
    "not in stock". Amazon are usually very good about this sort of thing but there could be a chance of different SKU coming back in stock at a different price. So Tesco would be a safer bet.

Yes, forgot to mention it's preorder.But everywhere else is sold out also. Be back in stock in next few weeks.

I asked customer support at Amazon and they said that price is guaranteed, won't pay any more than that. There would be outrage if they changed sku and upped the price. A lot of people will be on preordering this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Yes, forgot to mention it's preorder.But everywhere else is sold out also. Be back in stock in next few weeks.

I asked customer support at Amazon and they said that price is guaranteed, won't pay any more than that. There would be outrage if they changed sku and upped the price. A lot of people will be on preordering this
    Price could also go down too, keep an eye on that. If it drops, cancel n reorder

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

With Amazon, if you preorder and price goes down, they will refund you the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Price could also go down too, keep an eye on that. If it drops, cancel n reorder

Amazon only charge on dispatch - if the price has gone down they will charge the lower price. If the price has gone up, you get the price you ordered at.

There is no risk on price.

You can cancel the order any time up to dispatch if you get it somewhere else or get fed up waiting.

• Advertisement

I should also mention, to get it at £332.49, you need to use parcel wizard or similar.

If you pick an Irish address, the price goes to £340 this is because of the higher tax rate in Ireland

It doesn't make too much of a difference since it'll cost €4 for that service

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Any cheap games going anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tesco reduced the price of psvr to £332 and Amazon have price matched.

Thats €368. They are retailing here for €399

I picked up the psvr and camera for €411

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I9WWBCQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478124082&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX280_SY350_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=psvr

http://www.tesco.com/direct/playstation-vr-virtual-reality-ps4/182-7550.prd?source=others

It's 372 now and after today's announcement sterling will raise further so by the time it gets delivered it could well be 415

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

ted1 wrote: »
    It's 372 now and after today's announcement sterling will raise further so by the time it gets delivered it could well be 415

Could just use revolut and convert today so

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

maximoose wrote: »
    Could just use revolut and convert today so

Wouldn't it be the same thing? They still only charge dispatch?

Sorry, my bad. Revolut will charge today

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »

Yes I used Revolut

So either use Revolut or buy an Amzon giftcard to the value

Also if you use in conjunction with another bargain alert, you can get a £6-7 promo when you buy a £40+ Amazon giftcard.

This solves the exchange rate problem and also means another discount, so could poentially get it for £326.49

Gift card bargain alert:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057659019

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Price has risen on Amazon to 349.99 still cheaper on Tesco though but showing delivery as the 16th December

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Tesco deliver to a local store in Dublin for free is it?

Or need to use PW / PM ?

I used parcel wizard last time I bought from Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I see CEX are selling the PSVR for almost €600...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Argos have them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wow, down to €368 already.

Wow, down to €368 already.

Still €399 in stores in Europe and Ireland

It just is/was €368 because of the exchange rate from GBP

Still €399 in stores in Europe and Ireland

It just is/was €368 because of the exchange rate from GBP

Hmm no, £349.99 = €393.07

Don't think it was ever €368 this week?

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm no, £349.99 = €393.07

Don't think it was ever €368 this week?

It was £332.49/€368 when I ordered it and posted this thread on 2nd Nov

If it goes down to £332.49 again, the current exchange is €373.01

And if you use the gift card promo £332.49 - £326.49 = €366.28

So can still potentially be got for a good deal. Amazon have been changing the price frequently to/from £332. Just set a price alert on CamelCamelcamel

Any mention of sales figures yet.

It seems very early for a price drop for such new hardware.

It was £332.49/€368 when I ordered it and posted this thread on 2nd Nov

If it goes down to £332.49 again, the current exchange is €373.01

And if you use the gift card promo £332.49 - £326.49 = €366.28

So can still potentially be got for a good deal. Amazon have been changing the price frequently to/from £332. Just set a price alert on CamelCamelcamel

I'm going to wait to see what happens on the Black Friday sales.

Might drop the price of the controllers...

Any mention of sales figures yet.

It seems very early for a price drop for such new hardware.

????

What are you on about :confused:

I know that you know that the price that you are trying to claim is a " price drop " was the price because of exchange rates and using special offers .

Is this like the time you intonated that the PSVR was so terrible that everyone was bringing them into CEX the same day as the VR was released ignoring the fact that CEX where paying €480 for a device that cost €400 .

For reference , here's your post,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101344929&postcount=572

If you hate Sony that much, why do you bother involving yourself in conversations related to the products the company sell .

????

What are you on about :confused:

I know that you know that the price that you are trying to claim is a " price drop " was the price because of exchange rates and using special offers .

Tesco dropped the price from £349 to £332 and Amazon matched it. Thats a price drop eradicating your exchange rate argument.
    Is this like the time you intonated that the PSVR was so terrible that everyone was bringing them into CEX the same day as the VR was released ignoring the fact that CEX where paying €480 for a device that cost €400 .

You mean when I simply posted this comment below and the Sony ambassadors had a hissy fit saying I was implying all sorts :rolleyes:

Its more accurate to say.
    Remember the time when we all over reacted because you pointed out the PSVR was being sold into CEX on release day.
    If you hate Sony that much, why do you bother involving yourself in conversations related to the products the company sell .
    Because maybe I don't hate Sony. Maybe, just maybe, the Sony ambassadors should stop over reacting every time I post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Argos say these are available to pre-order but when I get the email there is no order number on them. Any idea why?

Tesco dropped the price from £349 to £332 and Amazon matched it. Thats a price drop eradicating your exchange rate argument.

You mean when I simply posted this comment below and the Sony ambassadors had a hissy fit saying I was implying all sorts :rolleyes:

Its more accurate to say.

Because maybe I don't hate Sony. Maybe, just maybe, the Sony ambassadors should stop over reacting every time I post.

Mate ... your pure flame bait . You have been warned by mods in the Playstation forum before about it .

Mate ... your pure flame bait . You have been warned by mods in the Playstation forum before about it .
    As if they are impartial :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I can't see why your getting so annoyed tbh. It's an Internet forum and the guy is posting about a system that he owns...

You need to take a long look at yourself to be honest.

Or even read back what you are typing to yourself to open your eyes as to how petty you are sounding.

A word of advice don't read aloud anywhere near a ps4 as there is no way no matter how loud you talk you will be able to hear yourself. Ps4 fans be a noisy mess son....

Oh and if your typing via that dualshock 4 remember to keep it plugged in as you know few minutes and they die. Oh and don't use the analogue sticks too much as you know they wear away fairly quick

• Advertisement

I can't see why your getting so annoyed tbh. It's an Internet forum and the guy is posting about a system that he owns...

You need to take a long look at yourself to be honest.

Or even read back what you are typing to yourself to open your eyes as to how petty you are sounding.

A word of advice don't read aloud anywhere near a ps4 as there is no way no matter how loud you talk you will be able to hear yourself. Ps4 fans be a noisy mess son....

Oh and if your typing via that dualshock 4 remember to keep it plugged in as you know few minutes and they die. Oh and don't use the analogue sticks too much as you know they wear away fairly quick

Have fun in the shop buying all those batteries for your xbox with its crappy wireless controller . That's so 2005 and quaint . You never know , you might actually get a game or two more to play before MS just throw in the towel and admit they just got it plain wrong this time around . In the meantime , all us lads with the most powerful consoles ever made will enjoy the vast catalogue of present and upcoming titles from 1st and 3rd party developers , heck , I might go and have a blast on my VR headset right now and relish the greatness and power of the one console to rule them all ... or will I leave that till tomorrow when I have a Pro as well :D

Don't bring a twig to a gunfight ;)

Advertisement