Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2016

Options

Comments

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Eh, hi. I'm ShaShaWolf... and I'd totally like to put forward my cat... eh... Popie.. :D

LOL Silly Mango will never see through that sophisticated ruse!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Awww I didn't enter Bailey and there's 1 space!!!!!!!!! There's only one toy he likes which our wonderful SS got for him last year and he still has it - but I felt bad being so restrictive like that I don't think it's fair to do it again lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Poor Bailey. He will be very upset if Santa does not pay him a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

tk123 wrote: »
    Awww I didn't enter Bailey and there's 1 space!!!!!!!!! There's only one toy he likes which our wonderful SS got for him last year and he still has it - but I felt bad being so restrictive like that I don't think it's fair to do it again lol!!

I'm glad bailey is still getting great use from his toy! Can never have too many stuffed footballs I suppose ... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh gwan tk... Gwan! Gwan, gwan, gwan!
    Do it for Bailey.
    You know he's worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

YES GO ON WE WANT TO KNOW WHO WE GOT!!!!

Disclaimer: I've been doing this for three years now and value SS shopping higher than sourcing Christmas presents for my family or planning my daughter's first birthday in three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

This is my first time doing it and reading back over the threads I am terrified by the pressure. People get such great gifts. I was going to be like 'something to eat,something to play with, done'.

Also the sad moment of realizing I can't really sign up with my elderly dog 'cos she will probably not live that long.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Oh go on so, if there's a space left I'll enter my goldfish!
    Dogs are not being entered this year as they are both way too uncivilised to receive any presents from Santa this year😀.
    Let me know before I pm you sillymango.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i am way too excited, but slightly scared in case i get the stick insect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Oh go on so, if there's a space left I'll enter my goldfish!
    Dogs are not being entered this year as they are both way too uncivilised to receive any presents from Santa this year😀.
    Let me know before I pm you sillymango.

No dogs entered from me as the breed might give me away.

• Advertisement

Latatian wrote: »
    This is my first time doing it and reading back over the threads I am terrified by the pressure. People get such great gifts. I was going to be like 'something to eat,something to play with, done'.

Also the sad moment of realizing I can't really sign up with my elderly dog 'cos she will probably not live that long.

I signed up my soon to be 15 year old staffyXlurcher

ene wrote: »
    i am way too excited, but slightly scared in case i get the stick insect!

Reptile keeper here! Stick insect would be handy enough for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've still had no last entry, and still no stick insect either :P

;)

Can I suggest that we put the pets name on the outside of the package somewhere for people who've entered multiple pets? Just so we don't have to open the parcel to find out who it's for - ripping the boxes open is a treat for my two lol!

tk123 wrote: »
    ;)

Can I suggest that we put the pets name on the outside of the package somewhere for people who've entered multiple pets? Just so we don't have to open the parcel to find out who it's for - ripping the boxes open is a treat for my two lol!

I suspect my cat will enjoy that too. And then sitting in the box!

I suspect my cat will enjoy that too. And then sitting in the box!

Me and my mum were on hols one time and when we came back there was a fruit box on the table that my dad used to carry some stuff in Lidl - the cat had moved into it while we were away lol! :pac::pac:

I think I put in the rules this year to have the pets name on it!

And folks, we are closed! All entries have been received :)

I'll start sorting things tonight and will hopefully have some pms coming your way tomorrow night!

Please make sure there's room in your private messages :)

Cream is taking his role of Draw Supervisor very seriously!
    (Sorry, as long as I've been on boards I still haven't figured how to embed pictures from my phone!)

According to my records, all PM's have now been sent! If you have entered and have not received a PM, please let me know ASAP :)

...I'm already searching all over the internet for presents :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

SUPER excited about my SS, already looking into it! :D:D

• Advertisement

I got a lovely one!! :) Really gonna enjoy this shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Got mine too :) I was so excited opening it!! Shopping done so will hopefully wrap and post early next week :)

Oh well done Jellybear, aren't you the organized one! :)

Also just finished my shopping! :P Though I'll probably go into town and pick up an extra little bit or two :D

Holy crap that was fast! I'll be humming and hawing over things for another good while!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Shopping almost done, theres a couple of little bits I want to pick up in town but then that's secret santa done and dusted. :-) :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

that is far too organised!!

That moment when you realize you have accidentally upvoted every comment in the thread because everything is sensible or nice or you agree with it.

I'm more than a little panicked now by my own lack of organization on this.

Yooooooo! I have almost everything - just couple of things to get tomorrow! It's SO hard - I kept adding stuff as I was browsing then had to choose between them all at the end lol! :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Jaysus. This is tougher than expected. Apparently I don't have a clue what's safe for animals other than the ones I have. I've spent most of the evening researching! :D

Advertisement