Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

A bit of home made Ramen with Pork Dumplings and Roast Chicken,

(Just got those Dried Fried Onions in the Asian Store yesterday.....gagging to try them on this and Dhal dishes etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

Prawns in cornflour batter, rice and the hubby's special sauce. My favourite dish that he makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

I’ve just had a flashback to making the most beautiful sticky jasmine rice and Thai red curry only to walk in on my mum dumping a boiling kettle of water over the rice, as “did I know it had all stuck together”

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Not a great photo but a lovely meal. Cauliflower, potato and fried aubergine curry. Home made naan brushed with garlic and coriander butter. Home made onion bhajis. Yum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

A simple tofu stir-fry. I learned something new about tofu : if you fry it first and marinade it then, the flavour develops much better and the tofu is deliciously melt-in-the-mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A cauliflower and potato curry, recipe from BBC GOOD FOODS with a couple of amendments based on what I did or didn't have in the press. Very tasty I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭sporina

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

With that rainy weather yesterday, I felt like a bit of comfortfood. So I made us hotpot for dinner. Loads of veg and some soya strips in a red wine gravy, with buttery potatoes on top.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I tried a new recipe this evening; orzo with peas and pancetta. It was quite tasty! And simple to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chicken, avocado and pesto toasted ciabatta.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Orzo is fantastic stuff, I love it. Like I know it's just pasta, but because it's small you can really get it loaded up with flavour.

Nigella has a really good Orzo chicken with lemon recipe. Highly, highly recommend it.

I made this tonight. I used leftover ham but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Really enjoyed it.

Lol yeah Nigella seems to love orzo! This recipe is hers and I did a meatball orzo recipe of hers before too. I must look up the chicken and lemon one, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg I'm salivating at all the pics in here! Dave, that ciabatta looks unreal! I'm starving now.

I needed a quick fix this evening, so I heated up some chilli Marrakech from the freezer, with couscous and mini naan breads. Topped with freshly chopped coriander... that I grew myself 😁

Soooo tasty, it really hit the spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Did a seabass with a garlic butter and lemon sauce

salt aged Cote de bouef tonight, reverse seared.

Magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Leek, tomato, haricot beans, garlic, ginger topped with cherry tomatoes & stale bread. Chicken & turnip on the side. Protein blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Roast Beef Easter Dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭sporina

love fish - have fresh fish about 3 x week.. but always with skin off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I've upped my fish intake this year as well. I season the skin. I've heard other people say they don't eat the skin but it's full of nutrients.

Lemon chicken with rice and broccoli

Had the in laws over for lunch. I made smoked mackerel pate on brown bread, garnished with rocket, olive oil, black pepper and lemon juice. Main course was lamb and red wine stew, with buttery mash and steamed greens. Dessert was home made brownies and B&J ice cream. Nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to wash it down.

Our supper this evening was potato cakes made from the leftover mash, with a poached egg on top.

Not a photo in sight!

Harissa couscous with chicken, chickpeas and sultanas

@woodchuck I take it you're a fan of corriander?

Lol yes, big fan 😂

I was just googling if you can/should put it on a bolanese 🙈 I have some leftover from a packet I bought at the weekend. Meanwhile my actual coriander plant is coming along well and could probably use a little trim. We're having bolanese tonight, so might end up breaking some Italian cooking rules 🤭

Post edited by woodchuck on

Homemade bolanese (from the freezer) with fresh pasta, grated parmesan and garlic bread.

Decided against the coriander in the end :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Wild garlic pesto, roast jerusalem artichokes and more garlic roasted, just because.

@woodchuck I hope you don't take this as criticism or me being an arse, but you should try mix the pasta and the sauce before plating. Or even mix it with half the sauce, and then put the rest of the sauce on top. Whack a bit of the pasta cooking water in when mixing, it makes it all stick, just a little at a time til you see the sauce start to coat the pasta.

It'll make a huge difference!

Sauce looks lovely. 😊

P.S. I am delighted there is no corriander on your bolognese! 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Yeah deffo a no on the coriander on Bolognese!

And i love coriander

Advertisement