Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Utterly unhealthy but f*ck it it's Friday. Pan-fried breaded chicken with mash, creamy pepper-whiskey-mushroom sauce and roasted romanesco broccoli. If you like cauliflower and broccoli, you'll like that - it's kind of a cross between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Ludikrus

Unhealthy says who? That’s top class home cooked grub 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I was thinking the same thing! It might be healthier to cook the chicken in the oven than fry it, but overall I wouldn't count that as an unhealthy meal. I've burgers and chips on the menu for tonight 🙈

Fair points, but there was a lot of cream in both the sauce and - as well as plenty of butter - the potatoes, etc. I don't mind too much though, it's a cheat meal. It's not like I eat it every day (though I will admit I am eating it again today, ****).

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

It doesn't look too pretty, but it was seriously tasty.

Oven-roasted butternut squash, spicy garlicy wedges, broccoli and a blue cheese sauce. Well, I say blue cheese - there was some blue cheese, some gubeen and some raw-milk cheese that all needed using up. The sauce packed quite a punch, and was wonderful with the sweet squash!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

A mish mash of things, omelette (kale, onions, mushrooms, salami and cheese) with toasted rye bread, hummus, cauliflower pickle, and lots of parsley. That's instant tomato soup in my BFG cup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Paella.

Post edited by Planet X on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

Beef Burrito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Is the difference between a burrito and fujita just rice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Burritos normally have rice and beans. A fajitas is mainly onions and peppers with grilled meat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Indian fried chicken with pickled radish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That chicken looks amazing 😍

Really was. Easy too. This is the recipe. I cocked up the curry leaf mayo as I used dried leaves so double the amount if using dried as opposed to fresh. Dried leaves dont really taste of a whole lot.

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/keralan-fried-chicken-recipe

^ It’s like the godfather of the Spice Box! 😋

Chicken Satay Noodles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chicken_satay_noodles_95490

Pork with a herby crumb, fondant potatoes and garlic roasted broccoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I'm in Florence and had tagliatelle with duck ragu😁

And then this, mousse, covered with white chocolate with nuts, genoise and little jelly cubes.

Having some great dinners but this was the best so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

Supermacs.

I really wanted McDonalds but I felt Supermacs would count more as proper food.

I had a Mighty Mac which I thought would be similar to a Big Mac. I was mistaken. The box it came in would probably have tasted better. Also curry fries which were surprisingly nice.

Next time I'm going to McDonalds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

One of the things I really like about working from home is that I now can easily do a bit of dinner prep at lunchtime and make things like homemade pizza for tea easily.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

^^ Hearty enough 😋

Chicken goujons with salsa, guacamole, cheese and lettuce in a wrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Chicken fajitas with salsa and sour cream.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

Steak sandwich and homemade chips.

I keep forgetting to take photos, but it was savage. I used ribeye steak which wouldn't be my favourite cut of steak but I followed Gordon Ramsey's (who wouldn't be my favourite chef) video on cooking steak and oh mother of Jaysus it was unreal.

Homemade pizza! We already had some leftover dough in the freezer, so that was handy. Just needed to make the sauce from scratch. Made extra sauce though and froze some of that for the next time :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had a park of ready made "falafel" lamb meatballs in the fridge, and made them with mash, tender stem broccoli and carrots, with a homemade sauce I had made from finely diced red onion, garlic, tomatoes, bit of cumin and turmeric and lemon juice, and of course a teaspoon or two of harissa (and salt)

Tonight's dinner was epic. Definitely making this again.

Ten hour chilli with a baked potato, sour cream. Bonus cat nose as she was very interested in the sour cream.

Version of one of Jamie Olivers 15 min (30 mins really) meals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_zuBdbdiF8&ab_channel=Dabl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭sporina

is there such a thing as good quality chicken goujons in retail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Had a look through a few of the options that Tesco has - Most are ~60% chicken, not sure how this compares to other supermarkets

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=goujons

Probably not so I make them myself. Homemade goujons really are the best! 😝

• Advertisement

Chilli and rice. Actually prefer it with rice to the potato, oddly enough.

Have a **** load to use up still. Anyone any recommendations for how to do it differently? Tacos is the only thing I can think of. Anything else?

Advertisement