Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Falthyron wrote: »
    You need to adjust the V-Sync settings. IIRC, I set mine to adaptive and then I was getting 100+. If you can't see adaptive, try dynamic. I think it depends on the type of gfx card you have. That should unlock the frame-rate.

Thanks. I've a g-sync monitor so have v-sync turned off, it's hardly incompatible with g-sync is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thanks. I've a g-sync monitor so have v-sync turned off, it's hardly incompatible with g-sync is it?

I know this sounds weird, but turning V-Sync off is actually the problem. I always, always, turn V-Sync off as I prefer a limitless frame-rate (I have a 144hz monitor). For some reason, IIRC, Titanfall limits the fps to 60 if you turn off V-Sync. When I turned it on (I was desperate to try anything to break 60fps) all of a sudden I was hitting 100+.

Mess with the V-Sync settings. One of them will unlock the frame-rate. This also worked for my brother. I am using an AMD R9 390X and he has an Nvidia 1080. When we both turned on V-Sync, the 60fps limit went away. I hope this helps!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Titanfall limits the fps to 60 if you turn off V-Sync

Are you sure about that ? I'm running it with vsync off since day one to achieve 144fps without any issues.

Always always turn vsync off if you want to have competitive aim , it causes input lag.

@Mickeroo check your NVidia control panel to makes sure gsync is turned on and indeed your running @ 144hz.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks lads, will check it when I get home tonight and let ye know how I got on. I'm pretty sure i switched gsync on in nvidia control panel but don't recall setting a frame rate so that might be it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just make sure your res is set to native res and 144hz,then gsync is on.
    Theres also a setting for monitor technology, make sure that's set to gsync too.

• Advertisement

Yeah my issue was i had someohow missed the fps setting in Nvidia control panel and it was set to 60fps, put it up to 144 and that sorted it. Thanks guys. :)

Advertisement