Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall 2

Options
  • 31-10-2016 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Not yet - Reviews of the single player look good... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHmdTOM1d8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Not yet - Reviews of the single player look good... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHmdTOM1d8

I wouldn't buy this for single player. It's like 5 hours long tops. It's good fun but something to keep in mind. TF2 is still, like it's predecessor a multiplayer game. The singleplayer is just mp practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely loving it. Been playing the multiplayer mostly but will get stuck into the campaign over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

enjoyed the first one so i picked it up, it's really fantastic im enjoying the campaign also the multiplayer is really fun, kinda wish i held of on bf1 and saved some money, this is more my pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I wants it but I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks and see what the numbers are like before committing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Noxin wrote: »
    I wants it but I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks and see what the numbers are like before committing.

This ^.

The first one looked cool but the MP side of the game died a death so quickly so when it came to this or BF1, my money went to Dice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be picking this up later in the week. Looks brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Got my copy today, just waiting to get home and get stuck in.

Can I just remind those that are talking about "waiting to see numbers" that they are only contributing to the problem of "numbers might be low" by waiting for numbers :P

the numbers situation doesn't really matter too much, because everyone is put into a sort of server bracket so your all matches are sorted by ping or some sort of thing so it says 15000 or so online but in my bracket there is about 800 people online who i can play with. Its a great idea all the matches are really smooth and i haven't died yet going wtf i shot that guy in the face. But it make's getting matches for some game modes not as fast as the main one's as it take's players from a smaller pool. That said you can change your player bracket thing and pick one with more players if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

400540.jpg

My installation is going great...

Shiminay wrote: »
    Can I just remind those that are talking about "waiting to see numbers" that they are only contributing to the problem of "numbers might be low" by waiting for numbers :P

The numbers are already quite decent. I just want them to stay that way. Dont wannt pay for a game that has died after a few weeks.

Shiminay wrote: »
    400540.jpg

My installation is going great...

You might have a pending restart needed. That's usually the case here if you didn't get by it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Completed this Yesterday story was ok I suppose but the actual gameplay and level design was class. Multiplayer is going well its torn me away from overwatch anyway at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Would buy this for multiplayer but I'm really concerned about its player base.
    I grew to love the first game,with a few friends we ran a weekly streaming event on Saturday evenings and attracted the majority of PC players.
    That in itself speaks volumes because our event was nothing special at all very amateur-ish to be honest but the community was so lacking in streamers,youtubers and general numbers etc that we always had the tiny community tuning in and participating.
    It lasted a few months until literally we couldn't find players to play with.

Such a massive shame because this looks like a much better MP experience.

I'm going to buy it tonight anyway. No interest in Battlefield this time, but some giant robot action sounds like fun. No paid dlc either, which is something i can definitely get behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I formed a network called Boards.ie if anyone is interested in joining and we can all start playing together. maybe organise a Titanfall 2 night here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I joined the EIRE one earlier but will look for yours when I'm back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Single player is fantastic, as good if not better than HL and HL2.

Will try out MP later.

Really enjoying it, and always up for a game or two. I'll join the two networks mentioned above as well.

• Advertisement

Played a bit of the MP, its exactly what I expected. Very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bought it yesterday for €22 ,bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Perhaps playerbase is an irish concern, but only until very recently I could always count on a game of Titanfall 1.

Single Player campaign was class, havent tried too much MP but I got stomped hard. Slightly different vibe, seems more tactical than twitch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

MP is going strong and the player-base is growing from my own experience.

The game selling cheap at a time when word-of-mouth of the game has ramped up in the last week or so. Player numbers are not a problem at all.

There are alot of game-modes but some are untouched, I've never been able to get a CTF game but Attrition (6v6 with bots) seems the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

In Australia it's pretty much Attrition or nothing. Bit f*cking annoying.

Matchmaking sucks played today a team of all under level 10s vs 5 level 50s who could basically fly and one shot you everytime.

Dcully wrote: »
    Bought it yesterday for €22 ,bargain :)

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMasterPrawn

Anyone here playing in any interesting networks on this ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hey folks, is this locked to 60fps? No matter what I do with the settings it won't budge above 60fps. Even when i lower the resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hey folks, is this locked to 60fps? No matter what I do with the settings it won't budge above 60fps. Even when i lower the resolution.

You need to adjust the V-Sync settings. IIRC, I set mine to adaptive and then I was getting 100+. If you can't see adaptive, try dynamic. I think it depends on the type of gfx card you have. That should unlock the frame-rate.

Advertisement