Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

only joking, i've more patience than a preying mantis.

when you are tits deep in small and humble then nothing else matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Go. Home serial killer you're drunk

i've a few more wolf songs to come.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Go. Home serial killer you're drunk
    and this is my normal state of being ;)

im sure you've seen my drunk posts, they are totaly illiterate and definetely wouldn't be able to spell a word like illiterate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

sKeith wrote: »
    when you are tits deep in small and humble then nothing else matters

That version is actually much better than I was expecting it to be!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So, Necro has had a busy week away from werewolfing :D

Got roped into the annual pantomime with the local drama group... as the dame. I am nervous yet excited about these developments :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Necrominus wrote: »

Got roped into the annual pantomime with the local drama group... as the dame. I am nervous yet excited about these developments :pac:

oh I'd love to do a local show!

• Advertisement

oh I'd love to do a local show!

I haven't acted since I was in secondary school doing the usual musicals every second year. So I was amazed to get offered such a big part. Always wanted to get involved with the local group but was either too busy or lazy until this year.

Should be fun but I have a sh1t tonne of lines, songs and dances now to learn in the next 8 weeks... busy times

Necrominus wrote:
    Should be fun but I have a sh1t tonne of lines, songs and dances now to learn in the next 8 weeks... busy time
    I haven't acted since I was in secondary school doing the usual musicals every second year. So I was amazed to get offered such a big part. Always wanted to get involved with the local group but was either too busy or lazy until this year.

That's so nice, a friend of mine did it in Navan last year and had a ball.
    There's nothing really like that near me tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I think we have our location sorted for the next meet up anyway. Front row of the opening night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sullivlo wrote: »
    I think we have our location sorted for the next meet up anyway. Front row of the opening night :D

yeas iu sligeao

sullivlo wrote:
    I think we have our location sorted for the next meet up anyway. Front row of the opening night

1st December it is so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

1st December it is so :D

ballymote?

Tigger wrote:
    ballymote?

Yes indeed

So many people busy with education, little time for WW. This makes Necro sad.

Would one night games suit you college folk better than the lengthy monthly games?

If so, is it worth setting up a separate modding schedule for live games every month/second month now we have a decent queue of modulators/mods in training?

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'd love a speed game lasting an evening. But no need for a separate schedule I should think. Speed games have been slotted in between the longer games already.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd love a speed game lasting an evening. But no need for a separate schedule I should think. Speed games have been slotted in between the longer games already.

To be honest, the seperate schedule was a selfish thing :o:o

Say I planned a live game for this weekend. So, essentially, WW XVIII, albeit a live game.

All the planning and thought other mods have done into their own game and probably marketed under WW XVIII has to be changed. Now it wouldn't necessarily bother me but say someone down the line has WW XX earmarked. then it's suddenly a month sooner. Could be annoying. Maybe not?

Maybe simply not number the Live Games? I dunno.

If you get what I'm trying to say that is. I'm not sure I do.:o:o

Anyways, I will put myself forward to mod the next live game. Date TBC I guess?

• Advertisement

Anyways, I will put myself forward to mod the next live game. Date TBC I guess?

In!

In!

Cool. Need to confirm with next mods (Lordie and Beakerjoe I think) that it's ok but might set it up for either weekend of 4th/5th or 11th/12th November...

Might post in the main game mod thread to see if anyone wants to give a hand:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cool. Need to confirm with next mods (Lordie and Beakerjoe I think) that it's ok but might set it up for either weekend of 4th/5th or 11th/12th November...

Might post in the main game mod thread to see if anyone wants to give a hand:cool:

Goddammit I'm gonna make a point of being around for the next live game. I missed the last 2. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Would def advise having someone that's been involved in running a live game help out if it's possible. It's a nightmare and you honestly would almost want a catheter in for the night you'd be that busy. Splitting the duties and sticking to it are the most important thing, having a couple of laptops is also a great help, or if you can possibly even get a second monitor it would be OK.

One person doing the votes, another one doing the back rooms, access, wolf kills, seer checks etc, and another one posting it all in the main thread. No harm to have either a skype chat or a whatsapp group on the go too.

Jayop wrote: »
    Would def advise having someone that's been involved in running a live game help out if it's possible. It's a nightmare and you honestly would almost want a catheter in for the night you'd be that busy. Splitting the duties and sticking to it are the most important thing, having a couple of laptops is also a great help, or if you can possibly even get a second monitor it would be OK.

One person doing the votes, another one doing the back rooms, access, wolf kills, seer checks etc, and another one posting it all in the main thread. No harm to have either a skype chat or a whatsapp group on the go too.

Thanks Jayop for the advice. Already have got Flushy on board (pending date confirmation) and a third certainly would not be turned away that's for sure!

Also, a little teaser. It's a vanilla game I'm planning, but with a topical football theme attached. Might tempt the soccer heads:D

Yea keeping it simple is really important. People don't have time to be decimating complicated rules in half hour turn cycles. Maybe one little easter egg just to get people talking.

Yea keeping it simple is really important. People don't have time to be decimating complicated rules in half hour turn cycles. Maybe one little easter egg just to get people talking.

Complicated, moi?? :pac::pac::pac:

Get yourself over and sign up for Buffy while I have you:D:D:D

Complicated, moi?? :pac::pac::pac:

Get yourself over and sign up for Buffy while I have you:D:D:D

Aggghh. I'm just mental in work at the moment. Let me see what I'm like in a few days!

I'll deffo be playing the live game if I'm around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Minus 6.
    Ill give you a modulated dig out for live game if you wishes.

• Advertisement

Guys, quick question. I have someone who's interested in playing the game but they've never never been on boards before. They've created an account and went to sign up... but there's no sign of the forum games forum on his phone on the touch site.

Is there a minimum post requirement before you get access to top level Forum Games account (not talking about WW Forum, I know that's request only.

I'm completely stumped on this. They tried to sign up before but gave up cos had the same problem. I don't particularly want to tell them to start posting stuff for the sake of building up post counts as it might get them in trouble.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. Got sorted

Can you have them PM you and then you PM them back the URL of this thread and see if they can post in it?

AFAIK there's no actual minimum limit to technically being able to view this forum or the WW one, but the WW forum may have a minimum membership time/post count that was set down in the charter, I can't remember.

Even if there was a min post count that wasn't a technical issue, I'm sure a regular here vouching for someone would overcome that.

What's their username?

What's their username?

They got sorted. Technical issue not related to the boards account. Cheers anyways. The new guy signed up in the Buffy thread is who i was referring to

Uriel. wrote:
    Minus 6. Ill give you a modulated dig out for live game if you wishes.

Not sure how I missed this but fabulous! Any and all help appreciated. Be a good team now with Flushy as well. I'll touch base with you during the week.

Probably won't be as bad as predicted, but hope everyone stays safe tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Probably won't be as bad as predicted, but hope everyone stays safe tomorrow.

Anyone for a speedy game tomorrow given lots of us have unexpected days off?

(Stay safe all)

sullivlo wrote:

Still dunno if I'm off or not :( I THINK I am.

Would be up for it for sure though if off!!!

Still dunno if I'm off or not :( I THINK I am.

Would be up for it for sure though if off!!!

I'm definitely off. I'm planning on catching up on reading books for pleasure, which I haven't had the chance to do since the school year started.

(Stay safe all)

You can't do that. It'd put Necro's numbering system out of whack ;)

I'd love a quickie game but best not. I should really use the opportunity to study :(

You can't do that. It'd put Necro's numbering system out of whack ;)

I'd love a quickie game but best not. I should really use the opportunity to study :(

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Not my system! Was here long before I mucked it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

(Stay safe all)

I am good at organising last minute games if you want one? will stick a sign up and see haha

Lol I came here to suggest a speedy game after I got the stay at home mail! I need to work from home but I can totally play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057801646

New forum game guys. It doesn't take much time up at all so even if you're playing the current WW game you can play this. Needs another 3 people to start the first game.

Ah come on. We only need one more player to start this new game. It literally takes a few seconds to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

New game starting up!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057803441

WWE theme for anyone interested.

I'm brutal for missing stuff on here. Just now spotted the new D&D type game thread there. I've no idea what any of that is so I'll have to keep an eye on the first game to see what's what.

I’m intrigued by it too even though I don’t understand half of what they’re talking about.

They’ve all gone mad shopping! Cant wait for the game to start. Hoping it all becomes a lot clearer then.

Necrominus has been replaced by Bandylegs McGillicuddy

I suspect most people reading a WW thread for the first time would think similarly ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement