Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    is the rules for YETI similar to ww?

are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tigger wrote: »
    are
    :D

New players need to turn off their green lights

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

On it

Ab me and keithy need large whiskeys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ab me and keithy need large whiskeys

All I have is Corona. Will that suffice?

Necrominus wrote: »
    All I have is Corona. Will that suffice?
    I'm ok thanks

04ff4284dc00fb777723ee2ecd051c91ece7aa-wm.jpg?v=3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote:

ROOOOOXAAAAANNE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hope everyone is going to be prepared for all the Coral jokes for the next game.

WalkingDeadMeme19.jpg

ROOOOOXAAAAANNE

• Advertisement

Love it. Every played the drinking game where you have to drink every time Roxanne is played in that song? Try putting it on repeat for an hour and see if you can still stand:pac::pac::pac:

Love it. Every played the drinking game where you have to drink every time Roxanne is played in that song? Try putting it on repeat for an hour and see if you can still stand:pac::pac::pac:

:P My poison of choice is whiskey, getting through 2 repeats of the song is bad enough! But yes, that's all I ever think about when I hear that song, 1st freshers week of college! :P

:P My poison of choice is whiskey, getting through 2 repeats of the song is bad enough! But yes, that's all I ever think about when I hear that song, 1st freshers week of college! :P

A definite game for the next beers so:pac::pac::pac:

A definite game for the next beers so:pac::pac::pac:

I could do with pints. Of whiskey. :pac: It's been a hell of a week, and next week is expected to be the same. On top of that, I'm managing a social media campaign promoting a space mission, so I am currently tit-deep in scientific articles that I barely understand the titles of, looking for answers to questions I can barely comprehend. I don't get paid enough for this ****! :P

I could do with pints. Of whiskey. :pac: It's been a hell of a week, and next week is expected to be the same. On top of that, I'm managing a social media campaign promoting a space mission, so I am currently tit-deep in scientific articles that I barely understand the titles of, looking for answers to questions I can barely comprehend. I don't get paid enough for this ****! :P

Tit deep lol

Sorry

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ah the joys of social media marketing, especially an agency handling multiple accounts. You may suddenly find yourself trying to look like you know what you are tweeting about with no knowledge whatsoever! I hope you get through it okay!

Ah the joys of social media marketing, especially an agency handling multiple accounts. You may suddenly find yourself trying to look like you know what you are tweeting about with no knowledge whatsoever! I hope you get through it okay!

Social media marketing was something I was thinking about getting into about a year ago. I did it on a small scale for my local GAA club for about 4 years on a voluntary basis.

But then I decided that I'd prefer to have the government pay my wages until retirement age. I'm happy-ish with my choice.

Tit deep lol

Sorry

Lol
    :P I usually hide my more colourful language online but sometimes a phrase or two slips out.
    Yup. Thanks though! :) I'm learning so much tho, especially interesting because we ran the same campaign in Europe last year and this time it's North America. The difference in opinion so far has been immense. I've learnt what a firmament is (the unbreachable barrier flat-earthers believe separates us from heavens), and on the other side learnt that there can indeed be sound in space if you expand your definition of "sound". Now I'm researching the impact of planetary gravity assists on the earths rotation and whether that has a significant negative impact. Spoiler, eeeh no obviously not or they wouldn't fecking do it but I need to find something technical on that.

Social media marketing was something I was thinking about getting into about a year ago. I did it on a small scale for my local GAA club for about 4 years on a voluntary basis.

But then I decided that I'd prefer to have the government pay my wages until retirement age. I'm happy-ish with my choice.
    Wouldn't be a career I'd recommend, although I will say that often people underestimate the level of skill and work involved. It's some snakeoil industry though.

:P I usually hide my more colourful language online but sometimes a phrase or two slips out.
    wankbucket, arsecabbage, tit deep.
    Yup. Thanks though! :) I'm learning so much tho, especially interesting because we ran the same campaign in Europe last year and this time it's North America. The difference in opinion so far has been immense. I've learnt what a firmament is (the unbreachable barrier flat-earthers believe separates us from heavens), and on the other side learnt that there can indeed be sound in space if you expand your definition of "sound". Now I'm researching the impact of planetary gravity assists on the earths rotation and whether that has a significant negative impact. Spoiler, eeeh no obviously not or they wouldn't fecking do it but I need to find something technical on that.

From that it sounds like you are catering to the kind of people whom won't be changing their minds no matter what you type; flat-earthers, shrinking earth theorists, that darwin stuff is only a theory, the dinosauras were on the earth only a couple of thousand years ago, type audiences.
    Gravity assists do actually affect the earths rotation etc, but in the same way as peeing in the ocean when going for a swim effects the penguins at the south pole.

• Advertisement

My qualifications are in digital marketing, and I really want to get into content and social, but you really do need to have the right personality and temperament for it, especially where you're in a dual smarketing/customer service role. I admire those who can deal with irate customers all day threatening to drag the comapny's name all across Twitter, and still read like they're smiling at the end of it.

My qualifications are in digital marketing, and I really want to get into content and social, but you really do need to have the right personality and temperament for it, especially where you're in a dual smarketing/customer service role. I admire those who can deal with irate customers all day threatening to drag the comapny's name all across Twitter, and still read like they're smiling at the end of it.

i'm a retail manager
    a nice lady was screamimg down the phone at one of the lads yesterday so as trained he told her he'd get me to ring her

after a minutes discussion she told me i was like a small child saying his homework was eaten by the dog.

i said thank you , broke the tension and all was well

my heart goes out to those that try to deal with social media wierdos complaining about things i think they will forget tgey are dealing with a person with hiopes and fears and stuff

when are we starting i'm bored......

I gave about 7 years in customer service (hotels, bars, shops) so I feel that pain! :P Thankfully I was out before social media warriors became a thing. I have someone contact me at least once a month trying to get an employee fired for saying or doing something, usually outside of work! :confused: I rarely get the CS type stuff, more technical questions so it's at least a but more interesting. Still looking to break out asap though.
    wankbucket, arsecabbage, tit deep.

From that it sounds like you are catering to the kind of people whom won't be changing their minds no matter what you type; flat-earthers, shrinking earth theorists, that darwin stuff is only a theory, the dinosauras were on the earth only a couple of thousand years ago, type audiences.
    Gravity assists do actually affect the earths rotation etc, but in the same way as peeing in the ocean when going for a swim effects the penguins at the south pole.
    Hahaha you keeping notes serial keith? :pac:

Oh, I'm not engaging with the flat earthers, I mean they base everything on the bible and if it's not there then it's not real. (Although funnily enough computers and the Internet don't make an appearance! :p) I'm sneakily hiding their comments. Some deep rabbit holes though- apparently darwanism and science are actually the root of racism according to some internet loons... It's actually the ones who think they know a little about science that are the most dangerous. In general I've been stunned at the growth of the anti-science movement over the last two years and its push into mainstream. Hence why I want to correct their idiocy instead of ignoring it.

Cherry picking science for your own needs is the new science! Like, one lad was raving on about the temperature in the thermosphere and that metal would melt so it's all a hoax, but seems to have forgotten about air density. :P Pi$$ing in the ocean is a great analogy, I probo can't use that one though! :P

Ugh. Customer service is not fun for sure. Worked for about 11 years in retail/hotel trade between Ireland and Oz.

What else isn't fun is spending 10 months in DSP listening to people roar down the phone about how bad I am at my job while they collect it for doing squat diddly.
    Not that I have a problem with people on welfare, had to avail of it for a while myself. But it gets a bit tiring hearing the same old line about civil service workers being overpaid from someone who hasn't worked a day in their life (the lifers are always the most problematic).

So I switched and now have to take incidents from Gardai for a living.

Not sure which is worse yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try working in the motor business in aftersales. Crazy stuff.

I remember a phone call a good few years ago.

Me: Hello, service. What seems to be the problem?
    Caller (posh female voice): Oh, funny you assume that there's a problem.
    Me: Yeah, well, nobody ever calls me to tell me their car is working just fine.
    Caller: Err.... well, I suppose that's true.
    Me: So is your car working OK?
    Caller: Well....... no.
    Me: So what seems to be the problem?

crosstownk wrote: »
    Try working in the motor business in aftersales. Crazy stuff.

I remember a phone call a good few years ago.

Me: Hello, service. What seems to be the problem?
    Caller (posh female voice): Oh, funny you assume that there's a problem.
    Me: Yeah, well, nobody ever calls me to tell me their car is working just fine.
    Caller: Err.... well, I suppose that's true.
    Me: So is your car working OK?
    Caller: Well....... no.
    Me: So what seems to be the problem?

Sorry, I may have laughed a bit!

Sorry, I may have laughed a bit!

A bit? :P I gave my laptop a tea shower! :P

• Advertisement

i'm a retail manager
    a nice lady was screamimg down the phone at one of the lads yesterday so as trained he told her he'd get me to ring her

after a minutes discussion she told me i was like a small child saying his homework was eaten by the dog.

i said thank you , broke the tension and all was well

my heart goes out to those that try to deal with social media wierdos complaining about things i think they will forget tgey are dealing with a person with hiopes and fears and stuff

when are we starting i'm bored......

i'm with you, when are they opening this mother up. bored too...

edit: browser went ape shyt. had to restart to fix

Advertisement